Author Topic: NFL 2022 Season  (Read 116966 times)

Re: NFL 2022 Season
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2022, 10:31:16 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Looking forward to a 3-14 season for the Bears, where QB of the future Justin Fields in repeatedly pancaked behind a bad O-line, with maybe the worst receiving corps in football.  If he makes it to Week 10 without a crippling injury I’ll be surprised.

At least you'll have a new stadium in Arlington Heights to look forward to in a decade or so...... ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2022, 10:55:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Looking forward to a 3-14 season for the Bears, where QB of the future Justin Fields in repeatedly pancaked behind a bad O-line, with maybe the worst receiving corps in football.  If he makes it to Week 10 without a crippling injury I’ll be surprised.
Mooney would easily be the best WR in New England.  Went for 81 and 1055 yards last year with 3 different QB's starting games for them in his 2nd year.  Kmet also seems like he could break out a bit this year as a TE.  Rest of the pass catchers aren't good though. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2022, 11:25:04 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

At least you'll have a new stadium in Arlington Heights to look forward to in a decade or so...... ;)

Ha, yeah.  A state of the art retractable dome, which is great (and presumably insanely expensive) for local fans, but also probably takes some of the home field advantage away. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2022, 11:53:20 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Ha, yeah.  A state of the art retractable dome, which is great (and presumably insanely expensive) for local fans, but also probably takes some of the home field advantage away.

Just something inherently wrong that 3/4 of the NFC North will be playing indoors.

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2022, 10:04:08 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Great game to kickoff the season…
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2022, 10:08:51 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Great game so far indeed. Feels like it'll come down to the last possession
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2022, 10:44:05 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Maybe I’m sounding harsh but can someone explain to me the hype with Jalen Ramsey?? I keep hearing how this guy is some elite Top-5 CB in the league but every time I watch he’s getting burned. Same thing last year too including postseason. WRs just running by him and converting fairly easy long passes. Rams won it all but definitely not because of him.

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2022, 11:02:08 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Maybe I’m sounding harsh but can someone explain to me the hype with Jalen Ramsey?? I keep hearing how this guy is some elite Top-5 CB in the league but every time I watch he’s getting burned. Same thing last year too including postseason. WRs just running by him and converting fairly easy long passes. Rams won it all but definitely not because of him.

I guess Pro Football Focus had him ranked #1 of all cornerbacks that played last year. He gambles, and that play versus Diggs was ugly. I remember thinking he was awesome in Jax, and I think he is still really good.

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2022, 11:10:39 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Josh Allen is definitely going on the IR at some point this year if he keeps running like that. How are you going to have him do running plays with 6 mins left in the game up 31-10. Ridiculous.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2022, 11:13:37 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Bills played spoilers on opening night, dominated the Rams and ruined their banner night.

Buffalo setting the tone and putting the rest of the NFL on alert. Fall is gonna be interesting again!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2022, 10:12:40 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I guess Pro Football Focus had him ranked #1 of all cornerbacks that played last year. He gambles, and that play versus Diggs was ugly. I remember thinking he was awesome in Jax, and I think he is still really good.

I just don't see it.

I used to, absolutely. When he was with Jacksonville and even the Rams earlier in his LA career (2019). Now to me he just looks mediocre. I think teams are realizing this too which is why they have no fear throwing towards him anymore. They used to in the past.

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2022, 10:30:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The Rams OL looks like it is going to be a problem.  They were awful all night long.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2022, 10:42:31 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The Rams OL looks like it is going to be a problem.  They were awful all night long.
I think it is a major issue for their passing game. Allen Robinson's downfield game is made pretty useless with so much pressure getting to Stafford, and besides Kupp & Robinson their WR group is weak
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2022, 10:46:59 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think it is a major issue for their passing game. Allen Robinson's downfield game is made pretty useless with so much pressure getting to Stafford, and besides Kupp & Robinson their WR group is weak

NFC is gonna be a crapshoot.  Wide open. I've been struggling to figure out who is going to win that conference.

At least, from a betting standpoint, there could be some good money to be made.

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2022, 10:49:08 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Or is the Bills defense just that good? Hope not.. Guess we will find out over the next few weeks.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 10:56:59 AM by Goldstar88 »