Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 110254 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #1230 on: January 08, 2023, 04:12:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Is Rhamondre injured? I only ask because we've been in 2 minute offense for the whole 4th quarter but instead of using the guy who has 400+ receiving yards on the season we are exclusively feeding Harris when the game is on the line and hes completely wet the bed..
Think maybe the fumble got him benched? I know Andrews recovered it but it was probably on Bill's mind.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 04:31:23 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #1231 on: January 08, 2023, 04:12:37 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Thought the Pats would finish 9-8 once McDaniels left and Patricia/Judge were hired. Close…
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1232 on: January 08, 2023, 04:24:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Lol so literally not one result went our way today (Steelers AND Dolphins won too)

Oh well. We're now put out of our misery. At least we showed some fight towards the end of the season.

With the Pats eliminated, I hope this really wakes up Kraft. Hire an OC. Fire Patricia. Fire Achord. Move Judge to Special Teams. And tell Belichick to make real changes.

It’s not just missing the postseason, but in-season being flexed out of primetime against the Raiders, all the verbal outbursts from Mac and many other players at the coaches, some of the extremely dumb and undisciplined plays and moments (Meyers lateral), etc. Those aren’t good looks at all and Kraft can’t be happy. Fans definitely aren’t either
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1233 on: January 08, 2023, 04:30:52 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
That squib kick out of bounds was classic. Worst punting in the nfl. And the kickoff coverage!

The Pats were horrible in 2 of the 3 phases of the game this year.

« Reply #1234 on: January 08, 2023, 04:34:26 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Lol so literally not one result went our way today (Steelers AND Dolphins won too)

Oh well. We're now put out of our misery. At least we showed some fight towards the end of the season.

With the Pats eliminated, I hope this really wakes up Kraft. Hire an OC. Fire Patricia. Fire Achord. Move Judge to Special Teams. And tell Belichick to make real changes.

It’s not just missing the postseason, but in-season being flexed out of primetime against the Raiders, all the verbal outbursts from Mac and many other players at the coaches, some of the extremely dumb and undisciplined plays and moments (Meyers lateral), etc. Those aren’t good looks at all and Kraft can’t be happy. Fans definitely aren’t either

Kraft had been very vocal before the season started, stating that he had high expectations for the team was tired of not being able to advance past the first round of the playoffs. He’s been real quiet for a while now, which says a lot. I can’t imagine them running it back with the same coaching staff.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1235 on: January 08, 2023, 04:45:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
At the very least Bill needs to put guys back in their spots. Patricia lead assistant coach. Joe Special teams. Mayo to DC. Hire O'Brien to OC. Little Bill to 2nd assistant coach. Hire O'Brien's choice of OL coach. Hire new scouts and better assistant GM.

« Reply #1236 on: January 08, 2023, 04:50:38 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Saves the trouble of getting lit up again on Wild Card weekend.

Team fared about where I expected them this season.  Biggest changes need to be made with the coaching staff and on the offensive side of things. I still think Mac is a guy they can build around.  Team is going to look significantly different in 2023. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1237 on: January 08, 2023, 05:52:43 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

Team fared about where I expected them this season.  Biggest changes need to be made with the coaching staff and on the offensive side of things. I still think Mac is a guy they can build around.  Team is going to look significantly different in 2023.

It should look different in ‘23 but it’s good that they ended on fairly positive note offensively.  Line protected pretty well, receivers got open, Mac was pretty accurate, RB combo is excellent. Mac bumbles under pressure but he can get better.  Needs a top tier wideout.  Draft for o-line (BB trade down special). WR in trade and/or FA.  FA safety?

I assume they’ll lose Jacoby - what do you think?  It’s a big loss but I’m guessing he’ll want a change and I think he’ll get a great offer somewhere - good, reliable receiver.  Made a terrific play today.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 06:01:32 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #1238 on: January 08, 2023, 06:00:40 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
What’s high/low on draft number?  They’ll be around 15.  I think they have their own first, second and fourth. Carolina’s third and Rams 4th.   

« Reply #1239 on: January 08, 2023, 06:58:42 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
What’s high/low on draft number?  They’ll be around 15.  I think they have their own first, second and fourth. Carolina’s third and Rams 4th.

Btw 15-17 last I checked.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1240 on: January 08, 2023, 07:47:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah I agree. I'm not holding Mac accountable for this season. The situation around him was just not ideal, particularly the coaching staff (Patricia + Judge) but also some of the lack of talent and injuries around the roster. I mean it sounds like a small thing, but this team didn't really have a good punter most of the year and it definitely affected them on kickoffs and field position (like today btw... 2 kick return TDs and 1 terrible kickoff which gave BUF a short field). Special teams was brutal this season.

O-Line also suffered some injuries and they struggled with it for large stretches in the season. Mac himself got hurt because of it and had to miss 3+ weeks.

I think the defense is fine. There's a young core to build around and they'll continue to grow + improve, and I'm sure they'll add some pieces to bolster it in the offseason. But offense is gonna be the big question mark. They definitely need 1-2 tackles for the O-Line, but also an offensive coordinator as well as an alpha receiver (sign Juju or trade for Hopkins). All these elite teams and young QBs have them (Diggs, Hill, Chase, Waddle, AJ Brown, etc.) except Mac and the Pats. Meyers, Bourne, etc. are good but most of them are #2/3 receivers at best.

« Reply #1241 on: January 08, 2023, 08:01:47 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

It's officially #14

« Reply #1242 on: January 08, 2023, 08:32:25 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

It's officially #14

Hope it’s an O-lineman.

« Reply #1243 on: January 08, 2023, 09:14:07 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

It's officially #14

Hope it’s an O-lineman.

Haha yes, a guard that would be around in the fourth round. Trade the first for D Hopkins or someone like that.

« Reply #1244 on: January 08, 2023, 10:51:42 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
8-9. Could have been worse and could have been better. This team needs a spark, and I’m looking forward to free agency. We need better WRs and improvement in the O-line. I like a lot of the players we have, but we could use an alpha go-to player. I don’t know about the money, but I’d move on from Jonnu Smith, Nelson Agholor, and Trent Brown. I hope Damien Harris stays around, though he’s been hurt.

The defense is young and better than I thought. Dugger, Uche, the new Jones brothers showed us something.

The offense needs to get to work this week in preparation for next year. No days off. Get Mac and Zappe into the classroom and design something that is complicated. We have a smart coach and smart QBs, so I expect to see improvement. It doesn’t have to be Shanahan’s SF offense, but I want something new and interesting. This was our third year in a row with an anemic offense.