Author Topic: Game 3 with my Son  (Read 4868 times)

Game 3 with my Son
« on: May 16, 2022, 12:27:41 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618
I'm thinking of taking my 14yr old son to Game 3 on Saturday. It's about a 5 hour drive to Boston for us. Was thinking of staying somewhere along the I-90 corridor and taking public transport in to eat and see the game. I do not want to drive into downtown.

Any recommendations on where we should stay? Not necessarily the exact hotel or Airbnb (though that's welcome advice too) but best location for getting to and from game without having to drive in deep but still being within 20-30mins by public transport. Eating suggestions welcome too  :D

Thanks and TPs!

Re: Game 3 with my Son
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 12:53:04 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Central New Yorker here who loves making the 4.5 hour drive to Boston for a game. I'm 29, and think i've been to about 20. I am very fortunate!

Whenever I go I stay at the holiday inn Somerville. You do need to drive under the city through the big dig tunnels. I've never gotten stuck in any traffic going through there. The hotel is a 3 block walk from the T station and two stops away from TD Garden/North station. From hotel to the garden it's about 15 minutes on a bad day.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 01:14:30 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
Central New Yorker here who loves making the 4.5 hour drive to Boston for a game. I'm 29, and think i've been to about 20. I am very fortunate!

Whenever I go I stay at the holiday inn Somerville. You do need to drive under the city through the big dig tunnels. I've never gotten stuck in any traffic going through there. The hotel is a 3 block walk from the T station and two stops away from TD Garden/North station. From hotel to the garden it's about 15 minutes on a bad day.

Is that the Bunker Hill Holiday Inn?

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 01:14:59 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
We've stayed in a few but the last time we brought the kids (albeit not to a game), holiday inn Somerville worked great for us and I remember thinking that that's where we should try to stay the next time we go for a game. Was cheap and easy to get around to where we were going. They had a pretty neat rec room as well with a hoop in one corner.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 01:17:11 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

Is that the Bunker Hill Holiday Inn?

Yeah - That's it. On Washington St.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 07:27:10 PM »

Kiorrik

This sounds like the most epic road trip

Imagining what it'd be like to do this with my dad and that would've been absolutely amazing

Wishing the both of you an absolutely stellar time, and let's go Celtics!

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 07:04:05 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
BTW, couldn't go to game. Son couldn't find anyone to cover his work shift. No game but life lessons learned.

Thanks for your responses! More TPs

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2022, 08:06:29 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
BTW, couldn't go to game. Son couldn't find anyone to cover his work shift. No game but life lessons learned.

Thanks for your responses! More TPs

Well, it sounds like the Celtics will just have to give you another chance by making the finals!
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 09:35:04 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
Imagine paying hundreds to watch people get paid millions to be lazy - christ the state of NBA games... hilarious - no dignity
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2022, 09:41:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Imagine paying hundreds to watch people get paid millions to be lazy - christ the state of NBA games... hilarious - no dignity

Yeah, I feel bad for the working / middle class families that spent on this game.  A pair of tickets probably cost them $1k.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2022, 09:46:54 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
Jesus christ thats how much it is? I saw some post somewhere about some packers fan waiting 50 years for a season ticket - i have 0 clue how things are there in the states but this is insanity - anyway better close to the half and only in America do i find comebacks to be a normal thing - plz let that 1k be worth it lol..
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2022, 09:54:10 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Jesus christ thats how much it is? I saw some post somewhere about some packers fan waiting 50 years for a season ticket - i have 0 clue how things are there in the states but this is insanity - anyway better close to the half and only in America do i find comebacks to be a normal thing - plz let that 1k be worth it lol..

Yeah the cheapest tickets are typically around $300 but those are the seats that are like high up in the balcony areas (so further away from the court). If you want closer to the court, it gets to between $500-1000 a ticket. And that's for one person lol.

But it also depends on city and arena. Because in Miami you can get tickets for like $150, or even like $600 for tickets pretty close to the court which is actually a great value deal
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller