Author Topic: Red Sox 2022  (Read 37976 times)

Re: Red Sox 2022
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2022, 11:52:09 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm a pretty optimistic guy. I still follow along even when the team's doing bad.

But I got to admit, this time around (2022) I've just lost interest in them the rest of the year. And I respect the hell out of people who still watch the games regularly, because it's basically the same story every time (bullpen blows it, offense is bad, etc.). Same last night, Brasier blows it late (predictable - why the hell is he still on the team).

Even in previous bad years you at least had things to look forward to, like prospects, young talent and such. But outside of Casas and Bello who is there to really see?? And most of the guys on the roster currently may not even remain after this season, including Devers and Bogaerts. Hope not, but no guarantees they are here beyond 2022 either.

Sad situation
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2022, 01:28:35 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Yup, another crap show last night. I couldn't care less about the Sox right now, and I have no expectation that next year will be any better for them.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2022, 01:45:05 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
What is it with every prospect we bring up?

Jeter Downs is horrible.
Jarren Duran is horrible.
Casas is batting below .100

Not a good sign for a GM who has been neglecting the big league team with a focus on building the farm system.

« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2022, 10:39:09 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
So, anyone know how the two prospects we got for Renfroe are doing? That trade has to be one of the worst in recent memory...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2022, 08:17:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Not Red Sox related but...

Lolmets back on the menu tonight if this score holds lol?  :P

« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2022, 12:13:30 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Not Red Sox related but...

Lolmets back on the menu tonight if this score holds lol?  :P

I don’t mind seeing the Mets go down. Though I don’t care for any series that’s less than best-of-7.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2022, 12:36:43 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
All the more reason my Braves sweeping the Mets last weekend and getting the 2 seed was so vital.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2022, 01:29:49 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Padres and Dodgers division showdown. Anyone think it's gonna be World Series rematch with the Astros/Dodgers?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2022, 09:58:11 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Padres and Dodgers division showdown. Anyone think it's gonna be World Series rematch with the Astros/Dodgers?
There will be a World Series rematch, it will just be last years' and will end in the same result.

« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2022, 09:57:31 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

I think Houston/LA is most likely, though my bet is that the Dodgers are going down, maybe to SD. I also like CLE’s chances against the NYY.

« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2022, 10:24:37 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
All the more reason my Braves sweeping the Mets last weekend and getting the 2 seed was so vital.

You're a Ravens fan and a Braves fan?

« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2022, 10:40:56 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Yep and Celtics.  It isn't that hard to understand.  My dad grew up in NY, but started watching Boston teams (I think to be different) i.e. the Celtics and Braves.  He stuck with the Braves when they moved to Milwaukee and Atlanta, and then when I was a kid they were the only baseball team I could watch on tv, so I naturally started following them (I'm sure TBS did that for a lot of people in my generation that weren't local to a team).  Dad didn't watch much football as a kid (though he would have pre-dated the Patriots anyway), so after he went to Syracuse and ended up in Ohio, Jim Brown was starring for the Browns, so he picked them up.  When the Browns moved to Baltimore, I stuck with them as I had never lived in Cleveland so I didn't have that city connection, and now it is just so easy to watch games, there hasn't been a reason for me to stop watching the Ravens, Braves, or Celtics as the main team.

« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2022, 11:48:54 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yep and Celtics.  It isn't that hard to understand.  My dad grew up in NY, but started watching Boston teams (I think to be different) i.e. the Celtics and Braves.  He stuck with the Braves when they moved to Milwaukee and Atlanta, and then when I was a kid they were the only baseball team I could watch on tv, so I naturally started following them (I'm sure TBS did that for a lot of people in my generation that weren't local to a team).  Dad didn't watch much football as a kid (though he would have pre-dated the Patriots anyway), so after he went to Syracuse and ended up in Ohio, Jim Brown was starring for the Browns, so he picked them up.  When the Browns moved to Baltimore, I stuck with them as I had never lived in Cleveland so I didn't have that city connection, and now it is just so easy to watch games, there hasn't been a reason for me to stop watching the Ravens, Braves, or Celtics as the main team.

Oh ok that's cool!

« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2022, 01:35:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

You should root for the Patriots and the Red Sox  ;D

I grew up in LA, can't stand the Lakers and most LA teams. I'm ok with the Chargers and Dodgers (been to two games for fun...Rays/Dodgers and Padres/Dodgers). But Boston sports all the way!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2022, 01:58:51 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

You should root for the Patriots and the Red Sox  ;D

I grew up in LA, can't stand the Lakers and most LA teams. I'm ok with the Chargers and Dodgers (been to two games for fun...Rays/Dodgers and Padres/Dodgers). But Boston sports all the way!
only LA team worth a [dang] is the Kings.  was more of a fan back in the days of Dionne, Taylor and Simmer and then after the trade for Gretzky than I am now (or during the recent cup winning years) but still the only LA team that's worth following.

only Boston team worth following is the C's.