Author Topic: On This Day In Celtics History…  (Read 22043 times)

Re: On This Day In Celtics History…
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2023, 06:12:31 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
On this day in 2021,

Jaylen Brown scored 33 points despite playing only 19 minutes in a 141-103 rout of the Cavaliers.

No player in the NBA’s shot-clock era has scored more points in a game while playing fewer than 20 minutes.

—————————

Source: Justin Kubatko
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2023, 06:53:40 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Rondo was traded to Dallas 9 years ago.  Seems like longer.  He was the last link to the 2008 championship.
Yup

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2023, 08:43:49 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Rondo was traded to Dallas 9 years ago.  Seems like longer.  He was the last link to the 2008 championship.

Rondo’s attitude was upsetting, yet it still broke my heart when Ainge traded him.

I loved prime Rondo so much.

Rajon Pierre Rondo
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2023, 09:04:56 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

Rajon Rondo was a mercurial conundrum. In your opinion, what was his greatest season?

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2023, 09:05:06 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Rondo’s attitude was upsetting, yet it still broke my heart when Ainge traded him.

Upsetting in what way?  He's always been pro-Celtics before and after the trade.  He always talked well of the Celtics organization and fans. 

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2023, 09:13:25 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

Upsetting in what way?  He's always been pro-Celtics before and after the trade.  He always talked well of the Celtics organization and fans.

His ego & stubbornness.

He contributed so much, yet he’s partially responsible for the lack of success during the ‘Big Three’ era.

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2023, 09:42:00 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

His ego & stubbornness.

He contributed so much, yet he’s partially responsible for the lack of success during the ‘Big Three’ era.
What lack of success?  How was Rondo partially responsible?  Did Rondo cause KG's injury in 2008/9 or Perk's injury in the 2009/10 finals?  Rondo carried the team in the 2011/12 playoffs. 

While there were a few incidents, how did Rondo's "ego and stubbornness" adversely affect the success of the team? 

Re: Rajon Pierre Rondo
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2023, 09:45:20 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
09-10 and 11-12 season. Especially the 11-12 season. Guy played like the heart of a champion esp against that LeBron-led Heat team in a 7-game series.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Re: Rajon Pierre Rondo
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2023, 09:56:40 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
09-10 and 11-12 season. Especially the 11-12 season. Guy played like the heart of a champion esp against that LeBron-led Heat team in a 7-game series.
Definitely 11-12 season and he was incredible in the Heat series.   

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2023, 11:14:53 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

His ego & stubbornness.

What lack of success?  How was Rondo partially responsible?  Did Rondo cause KG's injury in 2008/9 or Perk's injury in the 2009/10 finals?  Rondo carried the team in the 2011/12 playoffs. 

While there were a few incidents, how did Rondo's "ego and stubbornness" adversely affect the success of the team?

Yeah good point. Injuries banged up this team for success. Even Rondo tore his ACL in 12-13 and that spelled the end of the Pierce and KG era.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2023, 12:40:07 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
At the end of his run with the C's, Rondo said "Brad doesn't expect me to play defense", or something to that effect.  That comment was very disappointing and I believe he was traded that season.

Great, great player.....coaches did not enjoy coaching him.

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2023, 01:12:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
This board has always significantly overrated Rondo.  He was a wildly inconsistent complimentary player.  He had no business being a top 3 option and he thought he was and that was his downfall.  Also very immature even as a vet.  He played hard though, he just wasn't as good as he thought and much of thus board thought.  I was happy to be out of the Rondo business, even though the team waited too long to trade him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2023, 04:53:57 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
This board has always significantly overrated Rondo.  He was a wildly inconsistent complimentary player.  He had no business being a top 3 option and he thought he was and that was his downfall.  Also very immature even as a vet.  He played hard though, he just wasn't as good as he thought and much of thus board thought.  I was happy to be out of the Rondo business, even though the team waited too long to trade him.

I’m pretty bemused by you saying this 4 time all star that made 4 all defensive teams and was a two time champ is overrated by Celtics fans. Lebron is also on record talking about his tremendous respect for him. So you should probably say the nba and lebron overrated rondo before you do Celtics fans (it’s not like he is compared to kg or pierce). In my opinion this  is one of the poorer attempts at “I’m smarter than the board on this” because you are actually disagreeing with national media and your favorite player also.

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2023, 05:50:56 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Easily the most polarizing Celtics player in the history of this blog. Not even close.

Anybody know what BBallTim is up to these days besides quivering in a dark corner somewhere muttering “Rajon” over & over again?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2023, 06:15:41 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Also a loser human being and quit on the team in the middle of a season. Cs fans rated him much more than others across the NBA. I was happy to see him leave. Team took off once he was traded.