Author Topic: What about D Cousins  (Read 3436 times)

Re: What about D Cousins
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 11:47:33 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Why does it  seem Cs always have cap issues.

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 11:55:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Pass, he is a below the rim player anymore.

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 12:29:05 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

We didn't when we signed Horford and Hayward.

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 12:48:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If people didn't like Kyrie, I can only imagine what they'll think of Boogie. I believe he can still be effective, but I think I would rather just re-sign Marcus Morris if that's the type of player we are going for. At least he can pretty much switch on everything on D and has played in Brad's system for a couple of years.

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 01:36:49 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
If people didn't like Kyrie, I can only imagine what they'll think of Boogie. I believe he can still be effective, but I think I would rather just re-sign Marcus Morris if that's the type of player we are going for. At least he can pretty much switch on everything on D and has played in Brad's system for a couple of years.

I see Cousins as playing a similar Theis/Baynes role (banger, big body to clog the lane, stretch the floor with the occasional 3) but doing it a lot better.

He wouldn't be a defensive anchor like Baynes, though. So it would be great to have both of them.

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 01:46:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
It'd depend on the contract for me, but I'm not opposed. I don't see how the C's would manage it and definitely would prefer to keep Horford.

I would worry about how many touches he's likely to want given his lack of lift and struggles last year.

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 01:56:30 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd like Cousins if we let Horford walk. It can be a 1+1 deal.

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 02:33:35 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Depends on the price.  He couldn't move in the playoffs,  maybe his mobility improves, maybe it doesn't.  If the cost is reasonable enough - I'd rather have him than Theiss/Yabu etc.

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2019, 02:34:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boogie looks cooked.

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2019, 02:38:52 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
6’11” Thomas Bryant had a pretty good season for the Wiz.
He’s a FA. Could we pry him away from DC?

Not sure about cap impact, but i’ve hard that, depending on Horford renegotiation,  we may end up with ~$13m plus the MLE.

If his play toward the end of last season continues he could be an ideal pick up to bolster the rotation.

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2019, 02:47:28 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
6’11” Thomas Bryant had a pretty good season for the Wiz.
He’s a FA. Could we pry him away from DC?

Not sure about cap impact, but i’ve hard that, depending on Horford renegotiation,  we may end up with ~$13m plus the MLE.

If his play toward the end of last season continues he could be an ideal pick up to bolster the rotation.

I believe Bryant is an RFA not a Free Agent so the Wizards can match any offer.  Big difference. 

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2019, 02:49:28 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Boogie looks cooked.

To me Boogie is a good low post scorer, but he's TERRIBLE in the Pick and Roll which is a staple offense for most teams and he also would clog the Middle for Tatum and Brown on drives. 

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2019, 02:57:35 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Boogie looks cooked.

To me Boogie is a good low post scorer, but he's TERRIBLE in the Pick and Roll which is a staple offense for most teams and he also would clog the Middle for Tatum and Brown on drives.

I guess I'm old fashioned, but it seems at least some teams value getting the ball first before they set picks and play ring around the rollsey.  Maybe like the Raptors?

Cousins did a nice job in spurts for the Warriors in the finals, which kept games from blowouts. He had another quad injury on top of the achilles rehab, which slowed him down. Looked a bit overweight and slow. He'll want big bucks. Probably not the player he was with NO.

It boils down to how much the Celtics management value bigs.  My suspicion is they don't as much as others do.

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2019, 03:00:00 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

In a word. Hayward. His injury damaged them.

It isn't as bad as the Red Sox, with Sandoval. But that's over after this season.

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2019, 04:30:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Boogie looks cooked.

Boogie has traditionally excelled in the pick and roll, and has very good range. He’s not really a “clogger”, at all.

It’s hard to judge him based upon last year, Playing in a new system with injury stacked upon serious injury

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes