Author Topic: Bradley Recalled  (Read 6067 times)

Bradley Recalled
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:36:04 AM »

Offline britches

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Per the Celtics Twitter;

@celtics Avery Bradley has been recalled from the Maine Red Claws/D-League. He averaged 17.1 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 5.2 APG and 3.0 SPG in 9 games w/ Maine.

Re: Bradley Recalled
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 12:20:38 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Per the Celtics Twitter;

@celtics Avery Bradley has been recalled from the Maine Red Claws/D-League. He averaged 17.1 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 5.2 APG and 3.0 SPG in 9 games w/ Maine.
Hope he gets some playing time to show us what he can do.
we still going to miss Marquis, especially against the hit.
who else on our team can guard LeBron?

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
Per the Celtics Twitter;

No one. Ray Allen maybe, but only if perk and KG are in the paint
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Putting a rookie on Lebron is not the best idea. The refs will call Bradley for every little thing.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Bradley's a great defender, but he's 6'2".  No way he's guarding the bigger SF's, and certainly not a 6'8 250 lb Lebron.

I watched Bradley's last 3 D-league games, and the kid really does have a world of talent.  He's got a sweet jumper, and his defense is excellent.  He is, to my eye, in no way a PG.  He'd be most effective as an undersized 2.

Though he made some really stupid passes in the games I watched him, he was usually clearly the best player on the court.  He was so timid when on the Celtics that I thought he might be another Gabe Pruitt.  Watching him on the Claws made me realize that there's no way he's like that.  On the Claws, I think he struggled with taking over the game himself or trying to be a PG and getting others involved.  He was dominant in the first halves of the last three games, and then didn't shoot much in the second halves.

If anyone is interested, the D-League archives every game if you felt like watching him.  It's called Futurecast; then go to archives and pick the date, then pick the game.  If you watch his last 3 games, you'll come away thinking that Danny might have pulled off another heist, but it'll require patience.  Think TA-like defense, but with a sweet J.  Does not take it to the hole strong like TA did, though.  I'm much more enthusiastic about the kid since I've got to watch him with Maine.  He really does have a ton of talent.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 08:13:55 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

this is a joke, right?! avery covering lbj ;D