3 (2%)
MIL in 5
9 (6.1%)
MIL in 6
21 (14.2%)
MIL in 7
14 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: Poll: Celtics-Bucks Series Prediction  (Read 20273 times)

Re: Poll: Celtics-Bucks Series Prediction
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2019, 11:04:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Wow, game 1 is finally almost here.

It feels like the Celts haven't played in months.

It really has. The B's have literally played every other day since the playoffs started and their break between series was only one day as well. Meanwhile in the NBA teams seem to get a week off between series and even during a series there's so many days off mixed in now.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2019, 11:16:48 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
NBA likes everything in stretches..... stretch the SEASON. Stretch the PLAYOFFS and stretch the court.

« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2019, 12:51:20 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
NBA likes everything in stretches..... stretch the SEASON. Stretch the PLAYOFFS and stretch the court.

They started the season earlier, so the playoffs started early!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2019, 09:58:01 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Giannis is a beast, but outside of him is their roster that much different than the one the celtics beat in 7 games last year? we seem to match up well with them.

on paper, any 1 vs 4 seed generally the 1 wins out...BUT the celtics really are a talented 4 seed.

If Hayward is really back like he looked the last game of this series then I think celtics have a legit shot to unseat the bucks. That is the biggest difference between this team in the regular season and now. The team as it is constructed now probably wins more games. Tatum has come alive, Brown was able to find his role as a starter for games 3 and 4 and Hayward put the pacers away when Kyrie had a lackluster game

« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2019, 11:04:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Sorry guys. My heart says Celtics in 6, but mind says Bucks in 6 or 7.

Hope the heart wins out, but I think we'll miss Smart in this series. Plus, Brogdon might return too. I'm not saying we lose this series simply BECAUSE of no Smart, but Smart would have been a huge help for us. Jaylen and others will have to continue stepping up in his absence (especially on defense).

And yeah, we'll need to limit the turnovers and Al + Kyrie can not shoot as poorly as they did today. We got a shot, but we'll have to execute and play smarter. Should be a fun and exciting series regardless  ;D

Looks like the heart won't win this battle. A bit fitting as we don't have the heart of our team out there right now (Marcus Smart)  :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2019, 11:06:41 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Sorry guys. My heart says Celtics in 6, but mind says Bucks in 6 or 7.

Hope the heart wins out, but I think we'll miss Smart in this series. Plus, Brogdon might return too. I'm not saying we lose this series simply BECAUSE of no Smart, but Smart would have been a huge help for us. Jaylen and others will have to continue stepping up in his absence (especially on defense).

And yeah, we'll need to limit the turnovers and Al + Kyrie can not shoot as poorly as they did today. We got a shot, but we'll have to execute and play smarter. Should be a fun and exciting series regardless  ;D

Looks like the heart won't win this battle. A bit fitting as we don't have the heart of our team out there right now (Marcus Smart)  :(

Silver lining is that back in the 2010 East Semis, the Celtics got blown out at home by LeBron James in Game 3 for the Cavs to take a 2-1 lead. Really wishing the Celtics can win 3 out of 4 but it'll be tough now.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2019, 11:08:46 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Given that only 12 of 144 (8%) thought we would win in 4 or 5, and 88 of 144 (61%) thought we would win in 6 or 7, i’d say we have the Bucks right where we want them  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2019, 11:13:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Milwaukee in 5.  I just haven't seen enough from Boston for me to think they will beat the best team in basketball with the best player in the world with starting on the road.

thats because you do not believe Boston played possum during the season.
that is true, I do not.  I just don't think Boston is all that well equipped to win in the playoffs.  Not enough top end talent and not the right mix of bench players.  This is why I'd go all in for Davis and why I think Ainge didn't actually do anything during the season (i.e. I don't think Ainge really believed he had a good enough team so he wasn't going to give up assets and hurt a shot at Davis).  I think Ainge made a mistake in not trading Morris and Rozier for players that made better sense (and were presumably signed past this summer), but I do see why Ainge didn't make any moves.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2019, 08:24:16 AM »

Offline zeitgeist49

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
I predicted the Celts had a 25% chance of winning this series and predicted the Bucks in six games. However, if the Celts don't win on Sunday, this will be a huge embarrassment... Bucks in five...after Pierce made the absurd claim the series was over, after game one. There's a reason the Bucks had the best record in the NBA. They get a lot of FTA's and get a lot of points in the paint. This pretty much allows them to avoid opponents going on long runs. It's a primary reason the Bucks longest losing streak was two games and it only happened once. The Celts are the exact opposite... 29th in FTA and very few points in the paint. 

« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2019, 08:28:29 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Thought the Cs would win in 6 but I did not factor in that the Bucks would get call after calls, despite a lot being questionable.

I go back to when Boston was up 10 or 12 I believe and they sent Giannis to the FT three straight trips...Boston's lead dwindled. It is just a joke. A guy like that gets every call despite him not even being touched. Soft .

« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2019, 08:52:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Thought the Cs would win in 6 but I did not factor in that the Bucks would get call after calls, despite a lot being questionable.

The NBA has it's pown agenda, and supports those whom they market with star calls.

« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2019, 09:24:51 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC

The NBA has it's pown agenda, and supports those whom they market with star calls.

He has certainly taken the get every call mantle from Lebron

« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2019, 09:28:45 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

I go back to when Boston was up 10 or 12 I believe and they sent Giannis to the FT three straight trips...Boston's lead dwindled. It is just a joke. A guy like that gets every call despite him not even being touched. Soft .
This is just nonsense.  The Bucks style of play is conducive to getting to the line.  The Celtics is not.  That said, the C's had 4 less foul shots than the Bucks yesterday.  Fouls was not the problem in the game.  It is quite simply Giannis is a significantly better player than Irving and while Boston has a bit more depth, the Bucks also have a very deep team behind their star.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2019, 09:42:15 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

This is just nonsense.  The Bucks style of play is conducive to getting to the line.  The Celtics is not.  That said, the C's had 4 less foul shots than the Bucks yesterday.  Fouls was not the problem in the game.  It is quite simply Giannis is a significantly better player than Irving and while Boston has a bit more depth, the Bucks also have a very deep team behind their star.

I imagine you watched the game so you would know that the Cs had a ton of FTs in the 4th (when they were cooked) to help even out the disparity. It was the 3rd quarter fouls that really destroyed the Cs and the frustration clearly took a toll on them. This led to a lack of focus/effort - especially from Kyrie on Hill - that quickly put the Cs away.

« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2019, 09:50:28 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I predicted Bucks in 6 before series started..hope i was wrong but now it looks that way..no inside game kills us
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin