Author Topic: The team must become THE TEAM  (Read 1454 times)

The team must become THE TEAM
« on: May 04, 2019, 07:49:55 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
We are not 3 years ago where reaching the eastern finals was a success..
We have the talent and the ability to win it all NOW
Everyone must focus what the team can achieve NOW
we won the first game in Milwaukee and suddenly the refs are playing the greek like he is lebron, reports of irwing preffering the nets from the Knicks have surfaced.. people are whining that hayward is a bust, tatum takes long 2s... and and..
We are at the playoffs the only thing that matters is to be and react as ONE unity... team coaches fans... our only goal is to WIN NOW

Re: The team must become THE TEAM
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 08:08:57 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
We can't tell the players to play with more intensity, share the ball and defend with urgency, it needs to come from the playing and coaching staff themselves. I'll root for this team till the bitter end, but the team needs to play with urgency if they want to satisfy the fans, as well as possibly fighting for a positive result.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 08:18:32 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
We have been saying this since November. Nothing has really changed.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 08:28:12 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Missing our defensive guru AND our Heart and Soul.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 11:29:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

The way they are calling this series he would be fouled out an ineffective.  Giannis is a mega star and we do not have one.  Smart isn't going to change that.   Also, it shows me that if we fold without Smart that we need to rebuild our roster and get some players with fortitude.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 11:59:21 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

The way they are calling this series he would be fouled out an ineffective.  Giannis is a mega star and we do not have one.  Smart isn't going to change that.   Also, it shows me that if we fold without Smart that we need to rebuild our roster and get some players with fortitude.
I dunno, Smart would probably be the guy who would stop Connaughton / Hill from killing us.

AD could be that mega-star. I've lost faith in Tatum becoming one. The only two mega-stars in the league that I can think of that didn't look like being ones in their first two seasons are Giannis and Kawhi. Those two are very unlike Tatum however, as Kawhi learnt under Pop and was always a defensive terror, and Giannis was a freak athlete ever since he came into the league.
At this stage Tatum is more Harrison Barnes than KD
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 12:04:10 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Without Smart, this team is full of scarecrows from the Wizard of Oz. I don't care if he's starting or not!

Last night the Bucks simply played harder than we did. They set the pace as far as aggressive play. They wanted it more, their not afraid to catch an elbow to the face or get taken out of the game from being in foul trouble.

Who are the culprits?

Gordon Hayward did not perform with any playoff vigor at all. Hayward needs to either step up or step away. Gordon avoids contact as much as he can. He looks out of place in physical playoff basketball.

Rozier was horrid, "Scary" Terry is playing in a World where Terry is an NBA star. He takes wild off-balance shots and over dribbles the ball. My parting shot to Terry would be with him being replaced by Wannamaker in the very next game.

Tatum scored 20 of the softest points ever. Tatum like Hayward avoids contact as much as possible. He never takes that extra step to be in a position to receive a hard charge. He's string bean thin, weak-limbed, very talented and very soft. He needs an offseason of conditioning, ball handling, and please try to eat some of what the "Freak" has been eating.

Kudo's to Jaylen Brown, I've talked smack about him in the past, but the kid now knows what he does best on a basketball court and does it with passion and energy. The stint on the second unit was just what the doctor ordered. He defends hard, he's not scared to be physical. That look of being lost, that he had in the past is now in the rearview mirror.

And yes the officiating was terrible, every time the Celtic looked ready to get back into the game... a p--- poor call was their reward. Yet it's their own fault for playing without the consistent passion that the Bucks played with. They got what they deserved.         

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 12:13:53 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm starting to believe the folks who frowned upon Tatum meeting with Kobe... :'(

Talking to him about WINNING? Sure....

Talking to him about INTENSITY? You betcha....

Talking to him about form and how to shoot? Not so much......there is ONLY ONE KOBE...IMO this messed up Tatum more than anything else.....

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 12:36:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Game four of the second round is too late to make major changes to how the team approaches things and works together. They are who they are.

The time to become a team was months ago.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 01:22:21 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
TATUM exposed big time...NO will now ask for Brown if they are going to part with AD.

All these players that sojourn to Hall of Famers like Hakeem or Kobe, please tell me which one has come out the better for it, Yu are either a Hall of Famer or you are not. No one is going to teach you or coach you to be one, certainly not a couple of sessions with an all-time great who probably has basic intangibles that you do not have. You want to get better go to a scrub that gained years in the NBA through hard work, dont go to a player like Kobe or Hakeem who has inherent intangibles that cannot be taught. Tatum wants to model is game after Kobe? God luck with that,

How many young centers can learn from Embiid? You would have to get his size and intangibles firs, wouldn't you?

Trade Tatum now, if NO is still stupid enough to have him.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 01:28:43 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

If Smart was here the only person I who would of been fouled out is Gannis lol. I’m shocked the Celtics aren’t attempting to draw more fouls. Gannis comes from the 3 point line all the way into the paint and just bull rushes his way in. DRAW A [dang] CHARGE!

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 01:30:17 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

TATUM exposed big time...NO will now ask for Brown if they are going to part with AD.

All these players that sojourn to Hall of Famers like Hakeem or Kobe, please tell me which one has come out the better for it, Yu are either a Hall of Famer or you are not. No one is going to teach you or coach you to be one, certainly not a couple of sessions with an all-time great who probably has basic intangibles that you do not have. You want to get better go to a scrub that gained years in the NBA through hard work, dont go to a player like Kobe or Hakeem who has inherent intangibles that cannot be taught. Tatum wants to model is game after Kobe? God luck with that,

How many young centers can learn from Embiid? You would have to get his size and intangibles firs, wouldn't you?

Trade Tatum now, if NO is still stupid enough to have him.

And I’ve been crying out for months how overrated Tatum is but I try not to be too loud about it as I need him to play well so people can keep seeing him as this “cornerstone” player so we can flip him easier for Davis. 🙃

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2019, 02:36:17 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
my prescription:

MORE PASSING

LESS DRIBBLING---pass and move instead

MORE SHOOTING -----less upfakes to create a worse shot, especially Gordon, who reminded me of Scal at his most tentative last night...just take the shot when it's there and get back on defense....don't let the misses make you lose defensive focus----KEEP SHOOTING

DRIVE TO THE BASKET WITH MORE FORCE AND INTENT

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 02:48:31 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Game four of the second round is too late to make major changes to how the team approaches things and works together. They are who they are.

The time to become a team was December at the latest.

Still figuring out team chemistry? Too little, too late. A few people has got to go. And I know Rozier, Morris, Yabusele, and Theis who is just warming the bench at this point all need to go. Everyone else will need to be interrogated.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2019, 02:52:35 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

The time to become a team was December at the latest.

Still figuring out team chemistry? Too little, too late. A few people has got to go. And I know Rozier, Morris, Yabusele, and Theis who is just warming the bench at this point all need to go. Everyone else will need to be interrogated.

Morris has been great, and I see him staying if we trade Tatum and/or Brown this summer for AD.