Author Topic: Fantasy Auction Draft Advice  (Read 1219 times)

Fantasy Auction Draft Advice
« on: October 14, 2010, 10:56:52 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Hey all,

I'm starting a fantasy basketball keeper league this season with my friends.  We want to go with the auction style draft and are holding it live.  This is all of our first time being involved in an auction draft, so I don't know how it's going to run.  Have any of you been involved in live auction drafts and can you give us some pointers?  I have three specific questions:

Is the commissioner (me) being the auctioneer a bad thing?  Do I need somebody from outside the league to be the auctioneer?

Is a free for all of shouting out bids confusing?  What happens if two owners bid the same amount simultaneously and it's the maximum each would bid on that player?  Does this happen?

About how long do you think it will last?  8 teams, 16 roster spots per team.  Any type of time restrictions I need to impose?  The only one I have in place currently is 30 second time limit to nominate a player.

Any other pointers or tips from auction veterans would be much appreciated and TPs!
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur