Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 12/27  (Read 121372 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 12/27
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40
The key to tonight's game will be limiting turnovers. If we don't have a ton of bad turnovers, we can stop them from getting out into transition. That and seeing if we can guard Lebron

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2011, 03:29:36 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Actually we forgot one person in a team who can effectively guard LeBron.It is Rondo - he did it couple times in last season. 

we didn't forget, I mentioned Rondo guarding Lebron earlier. I think it's a good idea considering our options are limited. For some reason Lebron seems to get frustrated when Rondo guards him.

JJJ would get wrecked guarding lebron. I would rather put Rondo on him. He actually has done a good job on lebron in short stretches in the past.

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2011, 03:34:47 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The key to tonight's game will be limiting turnovers. If we don't have a ton of bad turnovers, we can stop them from getting out into transition. That and seeing if we can guard Lebron

You're right, and we need to focus on transition in general though.  Miami showed against Dallas they are going to make a big effort to push not just off turnovers, but even makes.  They did against Dallas and managed transition buckets even off made 3's.

We can't keep up with them in the open court so we have to prevent the situations from happening where we can.  This is where that Rondo "One Man Fastbreak" show he put on against the Knicks could help big time.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2011, 03:47:33 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.

You're right, and we need to focus on transition in general though.  Miami showed against Dallas they are going to make a big effort to push not just off turnovers, but even makes.  They did against Dallas and managed transition buckets even off made 3's.

We can't keep up with them in the open court so we have to prevent the situations from happening where we can.  This is where that Rondo "One Man Fastbreak" show he put on against the Knicks could help big time.

Someone needs to run with him though, otherwise I envision a couple of those patented chase down blocks from Lebron and even Wade that we're accustomed to seeing. Lebron usually gets Rondo at least once every time they play it seems.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2011, 03:51:10 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

You're right, and we need to focus on transition in general though.  Miami showed against Dallas they are going to make a big effort to push not just off turnovers, but even makes.  They did against Dallas and managed transition buckets even off made 3's.

We can't keep up with them in the open court so we have to prevent the situations from happening where we can.  This is where that Rondo "One Man Fastbreak" show he put on against the Knicks could help big time.

Someone needs to run with him though, otherwise I envision a couple of those patented chase down blocks from Lebron and even Wade that we're accustomed to seeing. Lebron usually gets Rondo at least once every time they play it seems.

Yeah you're right, hopefully as few as possible so we can have most of our guys stay back to prevent transition opportunities.  Bass is a good choice, he has been a good finisher in transition for us and his jump shot gives us a nice second option.

Ideally you want to have multiple options on the break but I'm very worried about allowing Miami to rack up easy transition buckets.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Actually we forgot one person in a team who can effectively guard LeBron.It is Rondo - he did it couple times in last season.  

we didn't forget, I mentioned Rondo guarding Lebron earlier. I think it's a good idea considering our options are limited. For some reason Lebron seems to get frustrated when Rondo guards him.

JJJ would get wrecked guarding lebron. I would rather put Rondo on him. He actually has done a good job on lebron in short stretches in the past.

I thought when those possession were broken down and for the most part they got easy shots when that happened. He didn't like being pressured with the ball, but once he's got it up the court he can abuse the size disadvantage.

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2011, 04:02:28 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.

Yeah you're right, hopefully as few as possible so we can have most of our guys stay back to prevent transition opportunities.  Bass is a good choice, he has been a good finisher in transition for us and his jump shot gives us a nice second option.

Ideally you want to have multiple options on the break but I'm very worried about allowing Miami to rack up easy transition buckets.

Yeah I think the way Bass plays tonight is going to be key. Like you said I hope he gets out on the break with Rondo a little bit.

And I think we'll see a better performance out of JO tonight too as well. Ray and KG took a while to get going Sunday and JO got significantly less minutes than them, so I think he'll get his legs under him tonight. That'll go a long way in preventing easy baskets at the rim.

Should be a good one.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2011, 04:38:14 PM »

Offline igorsure

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
Actually our chances are not only in defense, it could be in offense as well. Ray Allen looks not very good with Knicks and probably not happy with it.

If we will have real Ray Allen's day plus Rondo solid play - we can win. It is not for sure, but it is not fantastic as well, it's real

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2011, 04:59:38 PM »

Offline YouGotRondo d

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I would like to see E'Twuan start over Sasha. Bump Ray to the 3 on offense and let them switch on D.

I have more faith in E'Twuan athletically, even at 6'4, than I do with Sasha.

This game has the potential to be a major blowout.

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2011, 05:02:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am absolutely terrified at the thought of E.Moore covering Dwyane Wade defensively at any point in tonight's game.

Avoid that matchup like the plague.

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2011, 05:04:16 PM »

Offline YouGotRondo d

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I am absolutely terrified at the thought of E.Moore covering Dwyane Wade defensively at any point in tonight's game.

I would have suggested Avery, but the thought of his offense against that D is equally terrifying.

He should get some spot duty on Wade though.

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2011, 05:11:14 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
This will be a fantastic game - Celtics players haven't forgot about last years playoffs. Don't worry about what the Heat did to the Mavericks - Denver did the same thing to them, might have even been by a bigger margin. Mavericks are just a bad team this year.

Can't wait to watch it. Dislike both teams, but dislike the Heat much more at the moment.

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2011, 05:12:36 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150

I would have suggested Avery, but the thought of his offense against that D is equally terrifying.

He should get some spot duty on Wade though.

That might be some of the most interesting 5-7 minutes of the game, if it happens. I don't really know how we pull this one out (one can hope!) but I think Avery on Wade could be a telling defensive barometer for the youngster.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2011, 05:19:08 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Never too early.

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2011, 05:50:03 PM »

Offline TruthPierce2008

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I would like to see E'Twuan start over Sasha. Bump Ray to the 3 on offense and let them switch on D.

I have more faith in E'Twuan athletically, even at 6'4, than I do with Sasha.

This game has the potential to be a major blowout.

???