Author Topic: WEEI & SBNation partnership  (Read 104838 times)

WEEI & SBNation partnership
« on: April 11, 2011, 03:51:01 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
so this is pretty cool

the short version is this - WEEI and SBNation sites like this one will trade links and promote each other - which will be easy for me in particular since I really like a lot of what they are doing over there on WEEI.com

here are the full details

http://fangsbites.bostonsportsmedia.com/2011/04/weei-com-sb-nation-announce-content-sharing-agreement/

The agreement, which is the most expansive of its kind for both WEEI.com and SB Nation, will blend the best of traditional media with interactive user-generated content. Highlights include:

ØWEEI.com will feature headlines and content from SB Nation websites relevant to all the Boston teams, and SB Nation will bring WEEI.com’s highly-regarded reporting and personalities to its readers in Boston and beyond.

Ø A new feature on WEEI.com called “Behind Enemy Lines” will provide news and commentary from SB Nation’s network of team-focused blogs about upcoming Boston opponents.

Ø A new, co-branded landing page will include links to SB Nation content appearing on WEEI.com as well as outbound links to national stories within the SB Nation network.

ØWEEI.com and SB Nation will integrate relevant content within each other’s coverage of Boston sports teams, offering a unique diversity of perspectives on all the local teams.

Ø Content from each partner will appear on dedicated team pages & blogs in widget form for easy-to-use functionality.
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: WEEI & SBNation partnership
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 03:52:20 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
so this is pretty cool

the short version is this - WEEI and SBNation sites like this one will trade links and promote each other - which will be easy for me in particular since I really like a lot of what they are doing over there on WEEI.com

here are the full details

http://fangsbites.bostonsportsmedia.com/2011/04/weei-com-sb-nation-announce-content-sharing-agreement/

The agreement, which is the most expansive of its kind for both WEEI.com and SB Nation, will blend the best of traditional media with interactive user-generated content. Highlights include:

ØWEEI.com will feature headlines and content from SB Nation websites relevant to all the Boston teams, and SB Nation will bring WEEI.com’s highly-regarded reporting and personalities to its readers in Boston and beyond.

Ø A new feature on WEEI.com called “Behind Enemy Lines” will provide news and commentary from SB Nation’s network of team-focused blogs about upcoming Boston opponents.

Ø A new, co-branded landing page will include links to SB Nation content appearing on WEEI.com as well as outbound links to national stories within the SB Nation network.

ØWEEI.com and SB Nation will integrate relevant content within each other’s coverage of Boston sports teams, offering a unique diversity of perspectives on all the local teams.

Ø Content from each partner will appear on dedicated team pages & blogs in widget form for easy-to-use functionality.

Very cool - onward and upward!

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 03:54:00 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Awesome!

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
big time

be interesting to see how much of a jump in new membership and traffic this creates.
Yup