Author Topic: Twitter now X  (Read 15247 times)

Re: Twitter now X
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2023, 02:42:28 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
So this sort of reminds me how the college I went to decided to change up its logo/emblem whatever that thing is called a few years after I left. It went from having this classic, clean emblem to an over engineered monstrosity that looked like a graphic design major thought it up.

The x on the website looks horrendous. The "names" for all the twitter activities now having x in them is dumb and somehow also vaguely ****ographic?

This is soooo stupid. I mean it also in now way actually matters but I legitimately wonder if musk is just an idiot.

The logo is just a Unicode character.  𝕏  I can’t imagine there’s any way to protect it because they didn’t create it and it was already in use.

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2023, 03:48:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So this sort of reminds me how the college I went to decided to change up its logo/emblem whatever that thing is called a few years after I left. It went from having this classic, clean emblem to an over engineered monstrosity that looked like a graphic design major thought it up.

The x on the website looks horrendous. The "names" for all the twitter activities now having x in them is dumb and somehow also vaguely ****ographic?

This is soooo stupid. I mean it also in now way actually matters but I legitimately wonder if musk is just an idiot.

With Musk I'm surprised he didn't incorporate 420 somehow.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2023, 03:54:34 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
It seems like there is a pretty big consensus that all of Musks changes at Twitter have been a disaster.
I don't see why he wants to hurt the thing he now owns.  It is idiotic.

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2023, 05:46:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Saw somebody say that the proposed new logo looks like something you'd see on the street in an Eastern European redlight district
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2023, 03:26:53 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Not sure why they did the change, seems dumb in the surface, in the end I don't care enough about it... won't change anything on how I use the platform, so whatever.

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2023, 01:05:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Saw somebody say that the proposed new logo looks like something you'd see on the street in an Eastern European redlight district

So you're saying it's a tried and true marketing strategy?  Haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2023, 01:29:58 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm regularly active on Twitter. The experience has definitely gone downhill since the nitwit acquired it. He can't get out of his own way.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2023, 09:30:08 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I'm regularly active on Twitter. The experience has definitely gone downhill since the nitwit acquired it. He can't get out of his own way.
I've been less and less active for months and deleted my twitter when Threads launched. Threads isn't exactly killing it but it's better than Twitter and now that the brand is changing I think it's bad news for Musk. Incredibly dumb.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2023, 09:55:04 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
The only reason I'm on Twitter - I mean X (sounds like a **** site) - these days, other than to catch Celtics and other breaking news, is to complain to companies like Verizon, UPS and others about disgraceful customer service. It's the only way to talk to companies and make them answer you these days, they have no phone numbers to call and no emails to send to  :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2023, 10:07:57 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
The only reason I'm on Twitter - I mean X (sounds like a **** site) - these days, other than to catch Celtics and other breaking news, is to complain to companies like Verizon, UPS and others about disgraceful customer service. It's the only way to talk to companies and make them answer you these days, they have no phone numbers to call and no emails to send to  :-\

Hahahahah me too. Just directly message them and they'll def get back to you.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2023, 11:08:16 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Hahahahah me too. Just directly message them and they'll def get back to you.

Well I start with a public complaint, it's amazing how quick someone reaches out to you asking you to DM them when you do that  ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2023, 08:16:31 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
No worse than Meta, I guess.

But yeah, when the name of your company is synonymous with the industry, it's a ridiculously bad idea to change it.
Facebook is still Facebook, owned by Meta. Smart move because the name has become deeply ingrained. Is Twitter changing the name of the platform or the parent company?
exactly. When Facebook, the company, started buying up other companies they changed the company name, but Facebook is still Facebook. Meta owns all the different brands like Facebook, Instagram, Threads, etc.

I guess I didn't understand that.  It makes sense regarding Meta as the parent company.  Changing the name of Twitter makes no sense.  And I have not seen anything that would imply that Twitter is still Twitter and X is the parent company or whatever.  I have never tweeted anything and I don't follow any Twitter accounts so I really don't care.  Maybe Musk is planning to merge with Truth Social.

I was interested to see if anyone else has never tweeted or followed anything on Twitter.  Me too.  Also no Facebook.
I use Twitter a lot, but almost never tweet.  It is a great source for breaking news, especially sports related breaking news.  The bird logo is iconic. Changing that is dumb, but it has no affect on me or my usage at all, so I don't really care.
To add to this informal poll, I use Facebook but never Twitter. I made a decision a long time ago to limit myself to 2 social media platforms. Given where I was in my career, I chose Facebook and LinkedIn (for job hunting). I obviously use CelticsStrong as well for 'social media'.