Author Topic: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread  (Read 45244 times)

Re: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread
« Reply #240 on: March 22, 2017, 12:21:47 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Not sure where you get the "below-average athlete".  He certainly doesn't appear that to me.  Much more athletic than a guy like Perkins.  And he does appear to have a decent mid range game, and certainly is a good free throw shooter.
Looking at the ample video materials provided in this thread, Zizic looks neither particularly quick closing up space under the basket, or particularly explosive getting off the ground for rebounds or blocks. I haven't seen anything that suggests he's particularly agile, either. I think the below-average athlete is probably fair.

I think it is wise to expect this kid is on the team next year but comes off the bench, not that he is penciled in as a starter next to Horford this early in the game.  And as a side note, I wouldn't even be certain Yab is on the team next year, let alone a key contributor.  These kids are still both so young and while Zizic is playing some good competition, he'd still be a fresh faced kid on a top 5 NBA team.  We're weak upfront so if he comes in hot for us, great... but if not, it's ok.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #241 on: March 22, 2017, 12:30:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Not sure where you get the "below-average athlete".  He certainly doesn't appear that to me.  Much more athletic than a guy like Perkins.  And he does appear to have a decent mid range game, and certainly is a good free throw shooter.
Looking at the ample video materials provided in this thread, Zizic looks neither particularly quick closing up space under the basket, or particularly explosive getting off the ground for rebounds or blocks. I haven't seen anything that suggests he's particularly agile, either. I think the below-average athlete is probably fair.

Here's what Draft Express has to say about him:

NBA teams may wonder what it is that separates Zizic as a starting caliber prospect, as there is nothing extraordinary about his size, length, athleticism or skill-set, even if there's nothing particularly deficient about any of those areas either. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ante-Zizic-68722/ ©DraftExpress

So I'd guess average is probably appropriate.
Come on. That scouting report also raves about his "strong leaping ability", and in my book he is "adequate" in this department at best.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #242 on: March 22, 2017, 12:47:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Zizic looks more mobil and athletic than Lauri Markkanen to my eye. Zizic moves with purpose and has a high BBIQ. I can't wait for summer league.

« Reply #243 on: March 22, 2017, 01:00:20 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

NBA teams may wonder what it is that separates Zizic as a starting caliber prospect, as there is nothing extraordinary about his size, length, athleticism or skill-set, even if there's nothing particularly deficient about any of those areas either. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ante-Zizic-68722/ ©DraftExpress

Come on. That scouting report also raves about his "strong leaping ability", and in my book he is "adequate" in this department at best.

Okay, you're right.

« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2017, 01:20:48 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

Okay, you're right.

So the article was published about a moth after he turned 19.  It looks at his play as an 18 year old.  Right now the people that are all aboard the Zizic Hype train are looking at his play at 19 and now at 20.  He is not the same player now, at 20, that he was at 18.  In fact the positive reports about him talk about how fast he has improved and some even how surprising it is that he was able to improve the areas of his game the way he has and as fast as he has. 

18 year old Zizic looked to be a fringe NBA rotational player at best.
19 year old Zizic posted better Stats at 19 then every European big man (Center) that has come to the NBA except for Darko Milicic, who really failed because he was nuts and hd zero mental aptitude for the NBA game.
20 year old Zizic looks like a good NBA rotational player at worst and more likely a quality NBA starter.

« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2017, 08:50:23 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
So what's happening to his minutes??

The last three games...only 10 minutes per game??

« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2017, 10:26:53 AM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel

Playoffs. European clubs play the vets in playoff games.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #247 on: April 04, 2017, 12:07:34 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

TP!

« Reply #248 on: April 04, 2017, 12:36:00 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Incorrect.  Euroleague playoffs have not started yet.  Zizic' team has one more game in the regular season, and they are 9th with only the top 8 teams making it.  They need to win, have the top team ahead of them lose, and then win the tiebreaker (which I believe is point differential, and they're over 30 back in that category).  So the odds of them making Euroleague playoffs is low.

« Reply #249 on: April 04, 2017, 12:51:42 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Kind of odd. Maybe they're feeling some pressure not to play the guy who's leaving at the end of the season?

Great words from a great man

« Reply #250 on: April 04, 2017, 01:22:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Incorrect.  Euroleague playoffs have not started yet.  Zizic' team has one more game in the regular season, and they are 9th with only the top 8 teams making it.  They need to win, have the top team ahead of them lose, and then win the tiebreaker (which I believe is point differential, and they're over 30 back in that category).  So the odds of them making Euroleague playoffs is low.

Then it sounds like what happens in the NBA when teams are basically out of the playoffs picture, they develop the future, and they know he is not in their future plans.

« Reply #251 on: April 04, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Then it sounds like what happens in the NBA when teams are basically out of the playoffs picture, they develop the future, and they know he is not in their future plans.

Not really.  They've been one game back of the playoffs for about the last four games.  And they also have Turkish League games, in which they're tied for 4th out of 16 teams.

« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2017, 01:36:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Not really.  They've been one game back of the playoffs for about the last four games.  And they also have Turkish League games, in which they're tied for 4th out of 16 teams.

Either way, Zizic has already done his job and greatly raised his value as a prospect, improved his game, and remained healthy. They know he's gone very soon, he'll be heading over here early enough to join our summer league squad. I'm sure they have no interest investing much more in him at the expense of players who will stay there long term.

It could even be that Zizic's agent and or Ainge asked Blatt to hold down his minutes the rest of the way to prevent injury

« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2017, 03:23:16 PM »

Offline viulo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11

Actually, their last match is at home against the team ahead of them in the standigs (Red Star Belgrade). Darussafaka won in Serbia so if they win they'll own the tie breaker (it's head to head). So whoever wins goes through, most important match of the season, probably... Let's see if Zizic starts...
It's this friday.

« Reply #254 on: April 04, 2017, 03:39:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Actually, their last match is at home against the team ahead of them in the standigs (Red Star Belgrade). Darussafaka won in Serbia so if they win they'll own the tie breaker (it's head to head). So whoever wins goes through, most important match of the season, probably... Let's see if Zizic starts...
It's this friday.

Thanks for the update.  Hadn't looked at the schedule to see they had a chance.