Author Topic: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread  (Read 45555 times)

Re: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2017, 05:59:53 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I spent a fair amount of time scouting both Zubac and Zizic I still feel confident that Zizic is a better prospect even though Zubac is off to a good start.
Žižić looks much more switchable, along with his interior presence. Zubac will never be able to go far away from the basket. Zubac has softer touch.
I see the center position as a defense-first one.
In that sense Žižić looks like a better bet to me aswell.

That's a TP Andro.

I felt the Same way predraft and Zizic was the only player I've ever correctly picked for the Celtics in that slot.

Andro what's with the name Andro? Just curious.

« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2017, 09:21:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Like to see this.... At 1:27... Good looking form. Maybe it can be extended out to the 3

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=RcWg9rb1Qsw

« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2017, 09:54:02 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
tp for the video.

yes, his form looks fine on the mid range shots i have see, which means less than a dozen. :)

i think zizic will be a good nba player and help the celtics. he plays in the pick and roll very well.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #213 on: March 11, 2017, 10:16:22 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Like to see this.... At 1:27... Good looking form. Maybe it can be extended out to the 3

Zizic looks like a younger, longer version of Al Horford.

How cool is that?

« Reply #214 on: March 11, 2017, 10:33:56 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Ante looking good!! He shoots with the wrong hand when he goes to the left in the post though, he's got to develop that left handed shot inside.

« Reply #215 on: March 11, 2017, 10:51:51 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
His good foul shooting projects well for outside shot including 3 pointer. Practice.

« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2017, 04:53:17 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

I spent a fair amount of time scouting both Zubac and Zizic I still feel confident that Zizic is a better prospect even though Zubac is off to a good start.
Žižić looks much more switchable, along with his interior presence. Zubac will never be able to go far away from the basket. Zubac has softer touch.

That's a TP Andro.

I felt the Same way predraft and Zizic was the only player I've ever correctly picked for the Celtics in that slot.

It is common Croatian name, like almost all western words it derived from Greek word. Name is represented mostly in the Dubrovnik city area, meaning brave and manly. Croatian male names often end on a letter "O".
In my case there was some cosmic togetherness involved, since, when my mom was pregnant, my aunt saw our basketball olympian Andro Knego (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andro_Knego) in a tram, and proposed  the name to my parents. With my father being a Cibona Zagreb season ticket holder and with Andro Knego being what he was (80s mans man), my mother agreed. Some of that basketball root definitely stuck on me. Sorry if I took it to detail too much.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2017, 09:06:57 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

That's a TP Andro.

It is common Croatian name, like almost all western words it derived from Greek word. Name is represented mostly in the Dubrovnik city area, meaning brave and manly. Croatian male names often end on a letter "O".
In my case there was some cosmic togetherness involved, since, when my mom was pregnant, my aunt saw our basketball olympian Andro Knego (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andro_Knego) in a tram, and proposed  the name to my parents. With my father being a Cibona Zagreb season ticket holder and with Andro Knego being what he was (80s mans man), my mother agreed. Some of that basketball root definitely stuck on me. Sorry if I took it to detail too much.

TP, that is a great story

« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2017, 09:43:33 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
And Andro was the bodybuilding supplement that reporters saw in Mark McGuire's locker.

« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Good game for Zizic.
10 point 3/4
4/6 ft
13 rebounds
is team won vs Barcelona.

« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2017, 03:59:54 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

It looks like Zizic was going up against Colton Iverson in part of the clip as well.
thanks for the link.

« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2017, 04:05:04 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2017, 06:08:45 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Enjoy the write up as well!

http://www.vijesti.rtl.hr/sport/kosarka/2650413/zizicev-double-double-u-pobjedi-darusafake-nad-tomicevom-barcelonom/

The write-up was the best part. especially this...

Ubacila je Darušafaka u brzinu više i nakon šest vezanih poena Willa Clyburna povela s četiri razlike (19:15).

« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2017, 06:16:13 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Physically and athletically, Zizic reminds me some of Cole Aldrich. The way Zizic moves reminds me of Aldrich. The athleticism, the quickness, the leaping ability reminds me of Aldrich.

Clearly more comfortable in the post on offense than Aldrich. Plus looks an inch or so taller.

« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2017, 06:23:14 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Physically and athletically, Zizic reminds me some of Cole Aldrich. The way Zizic moves reminds me of Aldrich. The athleticism, the quickness, the leaping ability reminds me of Aldrich.

Clearly more comfortable in the post on offense than Aldrich. Plus looks an inch or so taller.

Wow, let's hope he is NOT Cole Aldrich and his career 3.3 pts 3.5 TRB/game  :police: ;D