Author Topic: CB Community "Best" Awards  (Read 2450 times)

CB Community "Best" Awards
« on: June 30, 2010, 11:50:49 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Just for fun, (and that's the key phrase here, so no bruised egos allowed!) ... a non-official way to let a fellow "CelticsBlog-er" know you appreciate something they do, or don't do, or like, or hate, or are enamored by, or annoyed by, or ... whatever.

Don't worry about giving an award that's already been given, or even to the same person ... this is a momentary thing, and just a different and fun way to send someone a message, and share that sentiment with the CelticsBlog community.

Use it any way you want, just make sure you stick to CB guidelines, (peruse here, if you haven't already). An award usually comes with a prize, so whether your presentation is praise or humorous "toast", it must be accompanied by a Tommy Point. If you want to "second" the nomination to show your approval, by all means do so!

Remember: We're all of one mind, (Celtics), so please be kind.

;)

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: CB Community "Best" Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
To get this baby started, I want to present:  Who  with CB's first ...

Best Analytical Posts Award  

You may not always agree, but you can't deny that he is knowledgable, insightful, and thorough with his analysis of players, teams, and the NBA in general. Even if I don't always lean the same way, whenever I see a "Who" post, I know it's going to be one of integrity, forethought, and candor.

Congrats, Who ... thanks for all you add to Celtics Blog!

:)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 03:05:50 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
To continue in the same vein, I'd like to present:  Roy Hobbs with ...

Best Financial Analyst Award   

Without a doubt, if you have a question about the financial side of the NBA and it's players, there is no source more knowledgeable, articulate, or thorough than our fearless posts leader, Roy Hobbs. Everything he does is done with fairness and consideration, and breakdowns of cap space and MLE, etc., are no different.

Congrats, Roy Hobbs ... thanks for all you add to Celtics Blog!

:)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 04:43:52 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
just came across this thread today

two awards jump out for me:

1. all around great guy award- acf
2. good for the cb community award- bahku

they might be two of my buds on here, but if i step back and think of these two award ideas objectively, i would select the same two guys.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I have an award to give...One of Thirstyboot's Grins, a Hug, and a boquet of Tommy Points to one of the Blog's old timers.  

Master Po always makes me smile and sometimes makes me laugh out loud (which causes my husband to question my sanity), while I am sitting at my computer.  I have been laughing "with" Po since long before we met "virtually", as I lurked in the background for years before joining the Blog.  CFanMississippi and Master Po were the idea and implementation men behind the Chat Room (I am so glad I finally started participating in chat)...and for that I owe them both a debt of gratitude.  I was also very impressed by Po's interview with Bill Russell.

Po pretends to be gruff, and maybe he really is, but you can't convince me. To me he has never been anything but kind and helpful.  Thank you, Po.  I am afraid I am not computer savvy enough to give you the fireworks display you deserve.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 05:42:28 PM by thirstyboots18 »
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
Fireworks???? Send money old timer....I don't need fireworks...

I need some pants and a new axe!!!!!

Much love Ms Tboots!!

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Most Entertaining Thread of Nonsense

...has to go to Redz for that thread a couple of years back where we all contributed 4 words at a time to create our own story.   Sure it got out of hand after a while, but that is the kind of nonsense that makes a blog a blog, baby.