Author Topic: Won't buy tickets to see Cousins  (Read 9329 times)

Re: Won't buy tickets to see Cousins
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2016, 01:15:14 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Westphal, Smart, Corbin, Karl, and if he stays in sac town (no pun intended) Dave Joerger. Want to add CBS to the list? If you want Demarcus on this team, you want the coach off it.

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 01:21:39 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1503
If we ever get a serious chance to add Cousins, we would be dumb not to take it.  What the finals show us every year is that elite talent is needed to win championships. 

I don't think Cousins would be a cancer here.  He would be loved by the fans, and would have a solid front office / head coach to help him direct his energy in the right direction and mature a bit.  Plus DA would actually put a great team around him to give him a chance to contend.  He would be 1000% happier in Boston than in Sac.  People underestimate how poorly the Kings are run top to bottom.  Just a train wreck over and over and over.

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2016, 01:22:46 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
Really? You want this guy on the team? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jl9od0SR3to

Then don't say you "bleed green," and all that - when you're prepared to ruin the good name of the organization by having someone like this on the team.

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2016, 01:25:27 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
If we ever get a serious chance to add Cousins, we would be dumb not to take it.  What the finals show us every year is that elite talent is needed to win championships. 

I don't think Cousins would be a cancer here.  He would be loved by the fans, and would have a solid front office / head coach to help him direct his energy in the right direction and mature a bit.  Plus DA would actually put a great team around him to give him a chance to contend.  He would be 1000% happier in Boston than in Sac.  People underestimate how poorly the Kings are run top to bottom.  Just a train wreck over and over and over.

So glad that we have your thoughts to rely on here! No need to look at the actual evidence that he got a hall of fame coach fired and another well regarded coach (Westphal) fired.

Don't complain the next time an athlete rapes a woman, asking, "how could this happen!" It happens because fans are prepared to mollycoddle this guy who is an objectively bad person simply because of his talent.

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 01:31:36 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
With Horford in the mix with a bunch of high character guys, we have a chance to build something enduring and great here. Add cousins and watch it get destroyed. Horford, marginalized by Cousins will get "injured." Stevens, unable to win with such a selfish player will be fired - since cousins will make so much more money than him. And it will be the same thing as Sacramento. Cousins, some players who loathe him and have terrible chemistry - and a fan base that sold its honor for a chance to win.

Well I don't want a chance to win unless I feel my team is honorable. I admired KG, PP, and Ray as men - and it was fun to root for guys I liked. Not some testicle punching jerk.

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2016, 01:52:21 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

So glad that we have your thoughts to rely on here! No need to look at the actual evidence that he got a hall of fame coach fired and another well regarded coach (Westphal) fired.

Don't complain the next time an athlete rapes a woman, asking, "how could this happen!" It happens because fans are prepared to mollycoddle this guy who is an objectively bad person simply because of his talent.

If you don't want other people's thoughts, why are you posting on a public forum?  So you want everyone just to agree with you.  Start your own forum somewhere else then.  Cmon there are a lot of people on this board who would take Cousins. 

So the train wreck of a front office who can't / couldn't find the right coach for their team it is all Cousins fault?  I don't buy it.  The situation is more complex than 'blame Cousins for everything'.

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2016, 01:53:25 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I don't want to root for a player who has killed as many coaches as he has. Watch what happens if he comes here. We'll lose our coach, our souls, and then a whole lot of games. How many relationships does he have to destroy to satisfy you people that he is a CANCER (to his team and to the league).

In the 10 year period spanning from 2005 to 2015, the Sacramento Kings have had 9 lottery picks.

Out of those 9 lottery picks, how many of those players have established careers as major impact players?

Two - Isaiah Thomas, and Demarcus Cousins.

Minor correction:  Isaiah Thomas wasn't a lottery pick.  Not remotely close.  He was Mr. Irrelevant, #60.  Last pick in the draft.

But I otherwise concur with all your points.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2016, 01:53:43 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
I'd buy twice as many.

Same here. Cousins is an elite talent. I'd easily pay to watch him and cheer for him. Don't dump on him as a person without first looking more carefully at the rest of the nba players either. There are very few saintly players in the league.

I agree with this 100%.   Where is the line to buy tickets if we sign Cousins?

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2016, 01:56:57 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970

Good freaking grief. This is overboard and irresponsible to say something like this. The kid doesn't have a criminal record, and he's never been in trouble before in his life. But he's "an objectively bad person" because he's been a little immature at times and got technical fouls and thrown out of games? Grow up. We're not talking about Michael Vick or Ray Rice here.

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2016, 01:58:55 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970
With Horford in the mix with a bunch of high character guys, we have a chance to build something enduring and great here. Add cousins and watch it get destroyed. Horford, marginalized by Cousins will get "injured." Stevens, unable to win with such a selfish player will be fired - since cousins will make so much more money than him. And it will be the same thing as Sacramento. Cousins, some players who loathe him and have terrible chemistry - and a fan base that sold its honor for a chance to win.

Well I don't want a chance to win unless I feel my team is honorable. I admired KG, PP, and Ray as men - and it was fun to root for guys I liked. Not some testicle punching jerk.

#doublestandard

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2016, 01:59:46 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

Good freaking grief. This is overboard and irresponsible to say something like this. The kid doesn't have a criminal record, and he's never been in trouble before in his life. But he's "an objectively bad person" because he's been a little immature at times and got technical fouls and thrown out of games? Grow up. We're not talking about Michael Vick or Ray Rice here.

I didn't want to even bother with the rape comment, but TP for saying what I should have.

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2016, 02:23:55 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Oh my god.  Are you trolling us?  You seriously threw that down in a discussion about DeMarcus Cousins?

Your comment reflects far more negatively on you than it does on Cousins.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2016, 02:31:22 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

#doublestandard

#doubledoublestandard

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2016, 03:02:21 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
I'd love Cousins on this team. I believe we could knock off Cleveland if we did (assuming we didn't gut the team too bad).
- LilRip

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2016, 04:27:28 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

#doublestandard

#doubledoublestandard

LOL well played, my friends.

I have no idea how anybody could hate Cousins for his personality, but love KG.

KG is my favourite player of all time, but he was dirty as hell.  He was a far, far cry from being the leagues most "model citizen".  But I loved the guy because he used every ounce of his passion to drive him towards being one of the most dominant players the league has ever seen.

I have tremendous respect for Dwyane Wade for the same reasons.  He is a dirty Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again., but you never have to worry about a lack of passion in his game.  He will play hard, no matter what.

I love Demarcus Cousins for the same reason.  His passion fuels his play. 

Guys who are have that type of personality are always going to be risky because they feed off their emotion - be it positive or negative.  When i good situations, those guys are going to be great.  When they are in highly frustrating situations they may well become a handful to manage. 

Truth is, I would probably rather tone down a guy who plays with too much passion, rather then have to try to psyche up somebody who plays with too little.