Author Topic: AMERICAN PHAROAH  (Read 2671 times)

AMERICAN PHAROAH
« on: June 06, 2015, 07:04:10 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Does it EASILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: AMERICAN PHAROAH
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 07:08:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Hurray

Long time coming for another triple crown champion

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 07:11:01 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Ainge needs to max him out immediately.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 07:15:12 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 07:23:06 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I won $40 bucks. Made it look to easy. Once the jockey lets him go, he just coasted through everybody.

What am impressive win by an impressive horse.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 07:32:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's funny...  American Pharaoh will go down in history as a great horse, and there's no doubt that winning the Triple Crown is an amazing accomplishment.  However, his Kentucky Derby time was slow compared to other winners, and his Preakness winning time was the worst in over 50 years.  He did run the Belmont exceptionally fast, but most years he wouldn't have won either of the first two races.

So, is he a great horse, or did he just run against historically weak fields?  It's no doubt an awesome accomplishment, but I have a hard time saying that AP is a better horse than, say, Smarty Jones.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 07:36:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
It's funny...  American Pharaoh will go down in history as a great horse, and there's no doubt that winning the Triple Crown is an amazing accomplishment.  However, his Kentucky Derby time was slow compared to other winners, and his Preakness winning time was the worst in over 50 years.  He did run the Belmont exceptionally fast, but most years he wouldn't have won either of the first two races.

So, is he a great horse, or did he just run against historically weak fields?  It's no doubt an awesome accomplishment, but I have a hard time saying that AP is a better horse than, say, Smarty Jones.

It was a great win, I'm happy for everybody ,   So many generations since we had a triple winner......it was time for another

But your right .......compared the the 70 's winners he was just average ,

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 08:01:41 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Maybe because they were juiced up back then??

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 08:22:40 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

It rained quite heavily at the Preakness so his time there doesn't mean much. 

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 08:44:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I am a firm believer that in sports you can only compete against those that show up to compete against you. The triple crown is a three race trophy, why expend more energy than you need to win the first two races? Sort of why did Blatt play an injured Kyrie in a 3-0 game when he could have used the rest?

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 08:46:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm sure American Pharoah is so proud of his historic accomplishment. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain