Author Topic: All-Star Saturday gets a makeover  (Read 5744 times)

Re: All-Star Saturday gets a makeover
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 01:19:00 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
Not thinking about it too deeply, but wouldn't the team rules encourage some of the Really Big Names to join in, since there's less scrutiny on each individual player?

I mean, the Dunk contest has been goofy for a while, but the nail in the coffin was when the league totally shafted everyone so that Griffin could jump over the hood of that Kia.

I am all for making the Dunk Contest more like a session. I think we'd see more creativity in a more relaxed atmosphere.
good point. the players essentially would have no fear going up with a squad. but there should definitely be a best individual dunker award like an mvd

Also, there's at least a chance for some really cool alley-oops/multiple player co-ordination. We've already seen teammates lobbing to teammates (Iggy taking a bounce of the side of the backboard, anyone?), but you could really open it up with three people.
yeah when i saw wall on the east i instantly starting thinking about the creativity and possibilities with him and george via alley oop. i like how theyve been doing the rising stars challenge. the draft is really cool but i do miss soph vs rookie. it was fun to see the classes compete but looking at the roster choices for hill and webber it is essentially soph vs rook
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 01:41:41 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Not thinking about it too deeply, but wouldn't the team rules encourage some of the Really Big Names to join in, since there's less scrutiny on each individual player?

I mean, the Dunk contest has been goofy for a while, but the nail in the coffin was when the league totally shafted everyone so that Griffin could jump over the hood of that Kia.

I am all for making the Dunk Contest more like a session. I think we'd see more creativity in a more relaxed atmosphere.

That was my thinking..it'll take pressure off of having to be the best and instead come up with some creative dunks together.

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 02:09:46 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I'm kind of psyched about this game.  I'm going to be flying on JetBlue during most of this so hopefully I can sit back with some cocktails and it will be entertaining.  It's never quite worth meeting up with people at a bar to watch, but the few times I have caught the rookie soph game it's been pretty good.

Also, O-Klynyk might not have the flashiest dunks, but he has some downright weird moves that would probably fit right in.  He also has some awesome passes, especially when he catches it at the 3 point line and immediately bounce passes it back into the post.  I guarantee you we'll see a few of those