Author Topic: New Starters/Bench  (Read 2869 times)

New Starters/Bench
« on: October 24, 2010, 10:50:23 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I think the line up will be more aggressive and accurate if doc made some minor configurations.

Rondo will average 100 assist a game with this line up of 2 long distance Quick wing shooters...lol, and 2 bigs that are hybrid as they come to being a post threat or shooting threat. The team will move much faster and defense will be locked.

Starters:
Rondo
Allen
Wafer
Davis
Garnett

Paul Pierce does not need a Rajon Rondo, he's better @ play with a Nate Robinson drawing attention. Paul doing work, will force a double team but off whom? Leave nate your buried, leave Quis he's slashing, leave J.O. He's hitting, leave S.O. he's dumping. Lose Lose Lose situation!

Bench:
Robinson
Pierce
Daniels
J O'neal
S O'neal

Re: New Starters/Bench
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 11:08:39 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
No chance that the team will start such a short lineup.

The Celtics' size and bball knowledge is their strength - why would they put Wafer and Davis into the starting lineup over PP and Shaq?

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Furthermore, once West gets back, Wafer won't sniff the floor.  And it's quite possible once Bradley's healed, Wafer won't sniff the active roster.

And even if you were right and that configuration was a good idea (it's not), there's no way that Doc is benching two Hall of Famers for Von Wafer and Glen Davis. 

Just imagine the conversation: "Oh yeah, Paul, we appreciate everything you've done for us over the years, the Finals MVP and all in 2008, but I think we're going to go with Von Wafer at the 3 this year...yeah, the one who wasn't in the league last year and Lasme almost beat out for the 15th spot on the roster...yeah, that one."

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 01:15:02 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I can see Baby getting some starts.  Wafer sits after 10 games in which he comes off the deep bench--and then is probably dropped by the team by 30 games in.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 02:02:36 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Thank God fans don't run the team.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 02:18:19 PM »

Offline kofanis0880

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Sorry dude, that just doesn't make sense.

There maybe good rotations for 5 minute spurts but it doesn't make sense to use this as the starting rotation.

If this was the case I wonder what the or Lakers or Heat's starting 5 would look like...

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 03:27:20 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Contention into the worst idea ever category... Any Celtics lineup that doesnt include Pierce is just ridiculous.

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 04:13:11 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
On the other hand Rajon will average 100 assists per game.

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
I have watched almost every game for the last 5 years. All the years i have watched bbd play, i still haven't seen much from him...People call him a rebounder, but he hasn't EVER made the top rebounders list for the year, so, no real numbers. He does okay on D against bigger guys, but cannot score on them...it is time for him to show he can turn the corner to being a better player, get in the top 25 rebounders list...he is needed as a better player here, he gets the minutes as if he is one, but he really doesn't add up to it.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Why not put the Michael Jackson from the "Thriller" days in as a starter too... with the type of dancing he did, I'm sure he could shake loose (break ankles) and score to get Rondo 150 assists!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 04:41:47 PM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 04:31:24 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
I don't understand that number either...if you don't have finishers, you don't get assists.....with BBD as a prime finisher/scorer...well, i wish he would do that for us...."Say When" it will start happening, and don't give me that...."He does the things that are not on the stats" stuff...it is time for him to GET ON THE STATS consistantly. (and i don't mean -shots of his that were blocked).

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 04:38:56 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

I do like this notion as that implies at least 200 pts per game for the team, and I think they'd win some games if they can do that; this doesn't account for FTs and 3's so I think 250-300 per game as a team
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 04:43:32 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Contention into the worst idea ever category... Any Celtics lineup that doesnt include Pierce is just ridiculous.
Starting a guy who barely made the squad over a hall of famer  ::)
I believe this is the worst idea I've ever read about.  Wafer wouldn't start if PP was injured, actually if pierce and daniels were injured wafer still wouldn't start, danny would be doing a trade.

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 08:19:19 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I do like this notion as that implies at least 200 pts per game for the team, and I think they'd win some games if they can do that; this doesn't account for FTs and 3's so I think 250-300 per game as a team
TP.

That is a pretty good offense.

Horrible thread. Gotta love the 'we would be better if we replace HOF players with borderline players' threads.

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 08:22:42 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Ugh...... ???
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku