Author Topic: ****Observe & Report****  (Read 934 times)

****Observe & Report****
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Rondo:
Its getting frustration watching this guy reluctance to shoot. It flat out hurts the offense. RONDO NEEDS TO SHOOT!!! He makes the game so much harder on the other players because of his reluctance. I Never said Rondo can't shoot, his problem is that he doesn't shoot or does not tale enough shots. What is scary about watching Rondo play is that he acts like he's a 10 year Vet already. He plays with the swag or jive like he's reached his maximum potential already (ie: Billups or Nash). >:( You're not there yet man!!!

Rondo NEEDS to work on:

Help Rebounding = (this is part his fault and Doc Rivers) I've watched Rondo try to leak out on just about every possession hoping that Perk, Kg, Shelden, Sheed etc have got the rebound. In the past Rondo will crash the glass more. What baffles me is 2 things when he leaks out. His offensive awareness is too  keen, because he calls for the ball and theres a guy either behind the rebounder or a guy playing safety on him to cause a turn over. Rondo let the rebounder gather, look and then pass, before saying "Kp Kp, Kg Kg".
The 2nd baffle is He leaks out but doesn't try to make  the effort to beat his man down the court for an easy layup, before pulling out and running a set play. Instead he calls for the ball in a hurry, but then walks it down court, runs a set play which makes him less of a threat, which results in the offense not looking so great or smooth as it should be executed. Its Doc's fault for not screaming @ Rondo to run on every play 1st then pull out and set something up if you couldn't get a easy fast break layup.

Sprint on every Miss Or Make = If Rondo does this his scoring avg. will sky, and the c's will be unstoppable, because teams would have a difficult time setting up their half court defense.

Layups = I'm not sure why he doesn't punish his opponents every night using his quickness for easy layups. He needs to borrow a page out the Ty Lawson book (because that boy is quick :o).

Shot Attempts = I don't know what you all think but, personally I believe he got too much money for so little progress on a great. Its not about making the shots its about taking the shots when open. He doesn't pose a threat so the rest of players have difficulty being open.

Simply put your duties on the court is to: help rebound, sprint on a miss or make, try to get and easy layup 1st, if not then run a set play if you end up with the open shot, then SHOOT!!!

Observe & Report of Paul Pierce is next...100

Re: ****Observe & Report****
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 12:01:01 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I thought this was gonna be a review of that seth grogae comedy that came out where he played a mall cop. There is already a heavy thread going about rondo.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 12:03:56 PM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Do you want him to help rebound or do you want him to leak out after every miss or make you kinda say both. But to be honest last night was a bad game and we will probably see 15 or so more bad games this year that result in a loss its not the end of the world because if anyone thinks we can't beat Atlanta in a 7 games series they are crazy

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 12:11:49 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
Do you want him to help rebound or do you want him to leak out after every miss or make you kinda say both. But to be honest last night was a bad game and we will probably see 15 or so more bad games this year that result in a loss its not the end of the world because if anyone thinks we can't beat Atlanta in a 7 games series they are crazy

I'm not at all worried about any other tema in the league. if we lose a game this year is because we lost the game not because another team beat us. No teams pose a threat to the C's when they're playing like the C's. I said both for Rondo. Help rebound whenever you're able (that goes for the entire team). Our past games teams have been hammering us on the boards. Doc needs to let them know its a collective team effort not just Kg, Perk to rebound. For Rondo; If guys are in the paint already rebounding leak out and run a fastbreak for an easy layup. Don't leak out and and run a set play waiting for your biggs to get down the floor.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 12:14:11 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
I thought this was gonna be a review of that seth grogae comedy that came out where he played a mall cop. There is already a heavy thread going about rondo.

lol not even man... Basketball talk only. I won't be surprised if there we 100 threads going on about Rondo. We probably didn't care as much before but with the $55 million pay increase we gotta say something.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 12:15:12 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
welp at least we have tyron lue waiting in the wins  :P