Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Around the NBA / Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Last post by scaryjerry on Today at 05:35:46 AM »
Lakers kind of embarrassing.

Nuggets just that good
No other team in the playoffs goes up 3-0 against the lakers like this.
so basically a gutless soft team until they decide to get mad throw some chairs in the locker room and take charge.

His post was 1000% accurate and the fans that keep defending them or making excuses simply don’t get it just like it seems they don’t.
They NEED to win the title this year, anything less is completely unacceptable and is going to start really tainting legacies/player trajectory.
Patriots / Football / Re: Poll: Which QB Option is the Best?
« Last post by ozgod on Today at 04:24:46 AM »
So...we happy with Drake?
« Last post by Who on Today at 02:28:39 AM »
"Jokic is Magic and Kareem on the floor at the same time" - James Worthy. He said this after Gm 1.

Heck of a compliment.
Patriots / Football / Re: 2024 NFL Draft
« Last post by johnnygreen on Today at 02:21:09 AM »
With the 2nd pick on Friday night, I wonder what the Pats will do. This has felt like the more likely trade back pick. I hope Adonai Mitchell is available, but Buffalo needs a receiver too. There's also Ladd McConky. I'm sure no one wants to hear this, but there seems to be good value with some of the CB's with first round grades that got passed up. It may not be a bad idea to have two high level young CB's in a passing league. The Pats desperately need a left tackle, but they may be better value with drafting one with their 3rd round pick.
Game Threads / Re: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24
« Last post by ScoobyDoo on Today at 01:57:29 AM »
From Boston Garden Leprechaun:

"So basically a gutless soft team until they decide to get mad throw some chairs in the locker room and take charge".

No, I'm just saying the following:

Don't be the one getting punched, do the punching. Be the basketball aggressor, stop getting pushed around.

Stop choking every meaningful game (Cavs game 7, Warriors game 4. They let Golden State take our hearts out after that game 4 loss - we completely folded in games five and six - never showed up, because Tatum and Brown are basketball cowards. Hate to say it, but it's true and they should be being told that by the coach and the management. It's the psychological growth that's most required by them if we ever watn to win anything.

Don't lose game 2 against a depleted 8th seeded Miami team without Jimmy Butler. Just don't. You're up one game, you absolutely should maul them in game 2, but no, we come out like it's a preseason game.

I'm saying if Draymond Green is harassing you all the way to your own bench that should turn into an extremely heated exchange on the baseline. Tatum just kept walking with Draymond chirping in his ear. Why, because in basketball terms Draymond is a man and Tatum, for all his experience is still a basketball baby. It's the psychological part of the game that is killing Tatum and brown's chances of winning anything - it's not their talent.

I'm saying you don't just get up and walk down to take free throws when Caleb Martin takes you out in mid air. That "needs" to be, that "has' to become a very, very, very heated exchange with him about two inches from his nose. Take a technical  - make it a point to get a technical.

I'm saying, up one game in the first round of the NBA finals, you should come out incredibly p---ed off like a bear with a sore head and stomp all over the other team. But, we never, ever do - we come out like it doesn't matter - just another game, jack up some threes, see what happens - onto the next. That is not a championship mentality.

Have some toughness for god's sake - physically and mentally.

Show some grit. Stop with the terrible body language every time a play doesn't go your way - that is weakness, that is Charmin softness - massive softness - and that' the problem. No grind for these guys.

Show some ferocity - some energy.

You don't win championships - you have take it. Again I have very little belief that Tatum and Brown really understand this or can consistently push themselves to grind to a championship. None whatsoever.       
« Last post by tazzmaniac on Today at 01:51:57 AM »
Lakers kind of embarrassing.
It'll be interesting to see if Lebron picks up his option.  No reason to think the Lakers are going to be better than a play-in team next season.  Is he satisfied to play his last season or two out on a mediocre Lakers team or does he go somewhere he might compete for a championship?   
« Last post by tazzmaniac on Today at 01:32:06 AM »
Embiid finished with 50pts on 13-19 FGA 19-21 FTA.

Amazing efficiency.

That's crazy to have more free throw attempts than field goal attempts when you nearly have 20 field goal attempts. Got that favorable home whistle, eh?
You're the same old broken record playing the same lame song.  Embiid shot 6 of those FTAs in the last 1:10 left when the Knicks were fouling while trying to create steals to catchup.  Another 3 FTAs came on a 3-point shot.  However, it would be fitting for the Sixers to get some favorable home whistles considering the blown ref calls/no-calls in the last 2 minutes of game 2 cost them that game.

To be fair Embid should have been ejected. That was not even close to a basketball play
Don't know what play you are referring to.  I was mostly half watching the draft while doing some work.

He grabbed Mitchell from the ground by his legs and was incorrectly assessed a flagrant 1. Even as a big fan of his I would be disappointed if you watched the replay and didn’t agree.

https://x.com/bleacherreport/status/1783651922689343908?s=46

Robinson left the game in a walking boot apparently.
Funny how whoever was calling the game said it should be a flagrant 1.  It was a cheap play but no one is going to get thrown out over it especially in a playoff game.  Anunoby should had been called for lowering his shoulder into Embiid at the start of the play.   

"In that situation, the crew gets together, we go and review the foul. In this instance, the crew was unanimous along with the replay center official in Secaucus that this foul was unnecessary but did not rise to the level of a flagrant 2," Zarba said. "The unnecessary contact rose to the level of a flagrant 1 but we were unanimous that this did not rise to the level of excessive contact, unnecessary and excessive, which would have been a flagrant 2 ejection. That's why we kept it a flagrant 1."
« Last post by tazzmaniac on Today at 01:17:43 AM »
Embiid finished with 50pts on 13-19 FGA 19-21 FTA.

Amazing efficiency.

That's crazy to have more free throw attempts than field goal attempts when you nearly have 20 field goal attempts. Got that favorable home whistle, eh?
You're the same old broken record playing the same lame song.  Embiid shot 6 of those FTAs in the last 1:10 left when the Knicks were fouling while trying to create steals to catchup.  Another 3 FTAs came on a 3-point shot.  However, it would be fitting for the Sixers to get some favorable home whistles considering the blown ref calls/no-calls in the last 2 minutes of game 2 cost them that game.

Struck a chord, eh?

Yes, that's a ton of free throw shots for a well-known free throw merchant. I'll grant you the six at the end, but that's still 15 free throw attempts, including that non-sensical three point "foul" that Hartenstein didn't even move on. That's a ton for the playoffs when things tighten up with the whistle, especially this year with the midseason shift.
That would be the 3-pointer where Thibodeau wanted to challenge but was told not to do so by his coaches reviewing the video. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10