Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
The wait between games is agonizing lol, not gonna lie. And then after Wednesday, another two days off.

Just hope we don't agonize heading to Game 3 being 1-1. I rather agonize being up 2-0.

True

It's ubsurd  the amount of time off between each game. Clev could be done and get extra rest while we still have a game 4 to play on Monday. Why is the 1 seed getting less of an advantage?
Around the NBA / Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Last post by angryguy77 on Today at 10:24:47 AM »
One thing I agree with Lebron on:  foul calls shouldn't be overturned on replay for "marginal contact".

I’m not sure the contact on Russell was marginal, so I agree that call should have stood.  It doesn’t take much contact around the face area to cause a serious injury.  But I like the “marginal contact” rule in general because it lets the replay center correct calls where there was a small amount of contact but a player flopped to get the call.

I guess if they're going to do that I'd prefer the standard be "incidental contact".  Particularly with shooting fouls, any amount of contact can disrupt a player's shot.  My biggest issue is that I think that the refs and the replace center interpret what is or isn't marginal wildly inconsistently.

That overturned call had real “JB gets hit in the head but is marginal contact and overturned on replay” vibes to it. Hard to feel bad for the Lakers given how many calls they get, but that one was bad. Clearly didn’t think there was enough there to overturn. There’s just simply no consistency.

I don't feel bad for LA, bit we shuold be upset Den gets the job made easier for them.
« Last post by BitterJim on Today at 10:16:58 AM »
One thing I agree with Lebron on:  foul calls shouldn't be overturned on replay for "marginal contact".

I’m not sure the contact on Russell was marginal, so I agree that call should have stood.  It doesn’t take much contact around the face area to cause a serious injury.  But I like the “marginal contact” rule in general because it lets the replay center correct calls where there was a small amount of contact but a player flopped to get the call.

I guess if they're going to do that I'd prefer the standard be "incidental contact".  Particularly with shooting fouls, any amount of contact can disrupt a player's shot.  My biggest issue is that I think that the refs and the replace center interpret what is or isn't marginal wildly inconsistently.

Why aren't they calling flopping more?

Funny use of phrasing, "non-unsportsmanlike".  So I guess flopping is considered sportsmanlike theatrics?

Reactions to contact that are deemed secondary, excessive, and theatrical will be deemed as flops. The penalty for a flop will be a non-unsportsmanlike technical foul. However, it will not count toward the possible ejection of a player. For an ejection, two unsportsmanlike technical fouls are needed

I think the "non-unsportsmanlike phrasing is because 2 unsportsmanlike techs gets you ejected, but flopping techs never will
« Last post by Who on Today at 10:15:42 AM »
The San Antonio Spurs do not see Trae Young as a fit next to Victor Wembanyama, sources told Kurt Helin of NBC Sports.

Helin adds that the Spurs could be interested in Dejounte Murray instead.
« Last post by Celtics2021 on Today at 10:04:32 AM »

I think it was deemed marginal in this case in part because it was deemed to have occurred sufficiently after the shot was released to have not affected it.  As I said, I disagree that contact to the head or face is ever truly marginal when the offending player is swinging their arms in an attempt to block a shot, but I don’t think the shot was altered because of the contact.
« Last post by Vermont Green on Today at 09:56:54 AM »

Why aren't they calling flopping more?

Funny use of phrasing, "non-unsportsmanlike".  So I guess flopping is considered sportsmanlike theatrics?

Reactions to contact that are deemed secondary, excessive, and theatrical will be deemed as flops. The penalty for a flop will be a non-unsportsmanlike technical foul. However, it will not count toward the possible ejection of a player. For an ejection, two unsportsmanlike technical fouls are needed
« Last post by jpotter33 on Today at 09:52:58 AM »

That overturned call had real “JB gets hit in the head but is marginal contact and overturned on replay” vibes to it. Hard to feel bad for the Lakers given how many calls they get, but that one was bad. Clearly didn’t think there was enough there to overturn. There’s just simply no consistency.
« Last post by Phantom255x on Today at 09:22:29 AM »
I have no sympathy for the Lakers. A team that has nearly a +500 FTA differential compared to the next team, and even last night most of the game the refs were just helping LAL until they flipped very late. Seeing some of them cry after the game and D'Lo tweeting about it as well was music to my ears.

That's a wrap for the Lakers. No chance they are winning 4 of the next 5. I don't think the Lakers could play much better than last night but Denver can absolutely play a lot better. They weren't really good last night and still won. Scary.

And btw, your boy called it again:

Same script. Lakers start off well. Then the Nuggets settle in and say “watch this” then go ahead and win in the 2nd half

Same in Game 1. Mostly the same all last playoffs too. Denver is sort of in their heads the same way Miami and Golden State in recent years was/is in the Celtics'

Around the NBA / Re: Where Does Steph Curry Rank Among Guards?
« Last post by michigan adam on Today at 09:18:55 AM »
The two I would not pick are steph and luka, oh and kyrie.  Those are three of the WORST defenders at the guard position in the league, at least among those that get significant minutes or are viewed as stars.  luka for MVP is a joke.  He isn't in my top 10.  1 dimensional players should not be viewed equally to players who play a complete game.  Embiid, Giannis, Jokic, tatum are far superior to players like Luka.  Tatum should be rewarded for sacrificing personal stats for the team.  He should be top 3 in MVP, even if he doesn't win.
« Last post by Roy H. on Today at 09:15:14 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10