Author Topic: Bronny James has cardiac arrest - is recovering  (Read 41263 times)

Re: Bronny James has cardiac arrest - is recovering
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2024, 10:37:54 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 736
What on earth does little-Lebron need NIL money for ?
His daddy is a billionaire.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2024, 11:15:07 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
Duquesne is interesting given Dru Joyce III is the new head coach.  Joyce II was Lebron's high school coach his last 2 years at SVSM (after Dambrot went to UofA - Dambrot just retired from Duquesne and Joyce III was his hand picked successor just as his father was his hand picked successor at SVSM - Joyce II is still the SVSM coach) and Lebron played with Joyce III on all those state title teams, so there is definitely a big-time connection.  Plus, the Dukes were in the tourney last year so not a terrible program.  All in all Duquesne does make a great deal of sense, but Bronny may need a bigger name school to keep all that NIL money.

I would be interested how bronnies nil deals are next year even at a major school. It certainly wasn’t much bronnies fault given the cardiac arrest but I have to think there was some buyers remorse for companies that gave a bench player averaging 5 points and shooting lousy big money.
Since it is often based on social media followers, it probably won't change much.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2024, 11:21:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Duquesne is interesting given Dru Joyce III is the new head coach.  Joyce II was Lebron's high school coach his last 2 years at SVSM (after Dambrot went to UofA - Dambrot just retired from Duquesne and Joyce III was his hand picked successor just as his father was his hand picked successor at SVSM - Joyce II is still the SVSM coach) and Lebron played with Joyce III on all those state title teams, so there is definitely a big-time connection.  Plus, the Dukes were in the tourney last year so not a terrible program.  All in all Duquesne does make a great deal of sense, but Bronny may need a bigger name school to keep all that NIL money.

I would be interested how bronnies nil deals are next year even at a major school. It certainly wasn’t much bronnies fault given the cardiac arrest but I have to think there was some buyers remorse for companies that gave a bench player averaging 5 points and shooting lousy big money.
Since it is often based on social media followers, it probably won't change much.

As someone that works in social media and marketing I would be very surprised if contracts were given out purely on followers, which is a pretty easily manipulated metric. There is usually a tie to engagements based on the contracts I have been involved in and some of those were with pretty big entities when I was at Kaiser Permanente like mlb, nba and Steph curry. I would have to imagine his engagements have plummeted over the last year. You also kind of contradicted yourself here cause you said he should go to Ohio state to keep NIL but how would that matter if his NIL was based on followers?

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2024, 06:15:53 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552

As someone that works in social media and marketing I would be very surprised if contracts were given out purely on followers, which is a pretty easily manipulated metric. There is usually a tie to engagements based on the contracts I have been involved in and some of those were with pretty big entities when I was at Kaiser Permanente like mlb, nba and Steph curry. I would have to imagine his engagements have plummeted over the last year. You also kind of contradicted yourself here cause you said he should go to Ohio state to keep NIL but how would that matter if his NIL was based on followers?
They aren't mutually exclusive. Easier to get and keep followers at a bigger school. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2024, 11:09:46 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
USC Trojans freshman guard Bronny James will enter the 2024 NBA Draft while maintaining his college eligibility and will also enter the transfer portal, he said on Instagram Friday.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2024, 11:50:45 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I dunno, who's gonna draft a player who had a cardiac arrest on the court?....just to get his dad to play for them?...Kinda morbid.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2024, 12:13:26 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2967
  • On To Banner 18!
That's pretty pathetic if Lebron really tries to incentivize teams to draft Bronny so that LBJ might join them too.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2024, 12:29:55 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 664
  • MASTER OF PANIC
He's not even NBA talent. His little brother is better than he is.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 01:23:57 PM by celticinorlando »

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2024, 12:36:24 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Sounds like he's going to work out and gauge his draft status then make a decision.

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2024, 12:38:55 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
As far as I remember most places seemed to have him in the mid to late first range prior to the cardiac stuff. He's had an uneven year but he has real NBA athleticism and projects to defend at least. That seems like enough of a profile to get him drafted, i imagine he's just angling to see where exactly he slots before deciding to stick in the draft or not.

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2024, 01:02:16 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
That's pretty pathetic if Lebron really tries to incentivize teams to draft Bronny so that LBJ might join them too.

I don't think I'll ever believe this is anything but LeBron/Klutch pulling puppet strings and orchestrating LeBron's next move. 

A team won't draft Bronny in hopes of landing LeBron.  LeBron/Klutch will instead tell the team LeBron wants to join to draft Bronny (while Klutch  also makes it clear to any other teams to stay away).

The deadline to withdraw from the draft is near the end of the conference finals (May 31st) giving LeBron time to determine which potential destinations look good, and which ones he wants to stay away from.

It will really take Bronny getting drafted by a team like Utah, and LeBron signing there, to make me think differently. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 01:11:03 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2024, 01:14:42 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

I don't think I'll ever believe this is anything but LeBron/Klutch pulling puppet strings and orchestrating LeBron's next move. 

A team won't draft Bronny in hopes of landing LeBron.  LeBron/Klutch will instead tell the team LeBron wants to join to draft Bronny (while Klutch  also makes it clear to any other teams to stay away).

The deadline to withdraw from the draft is near the end of the conference finals (May 31st) giving LeBron time to determine which potential destinations look good, and which ones he wants to stay away from.

It will really take Bronny getting drafted by a team like Utah, and LeBron signing there, to make me think differently.

My fear would be Philly.  Would Philly use a mid first rounder on Bronny just to get Lebron?

They are set up to potentially do some damage this offseason if they can get their crap together.

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2024, 04:30:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

My fear would be Philly.  Would Philly use a mid first rounder on Bronny just to get Lebron?

They are set up to potentially do some damage this offseason if they can get their crap together.

A team would have to be investigated very heavily for tampering if they used a first round pick on Bronny. He is not even a second round pick talent right now. He shot 27% from the college three point line as an undersized guard. You may as well draft maverick carter. That being said I believe Bronny just did this to keep options open (this happens a lot in college and very many people return to school).

« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2024, 07:46:06 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622

I say, Bring It!
Challenge accepted. Lebron gets Embiid 2nd round knockout disease.

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2024, 08:35:33 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I don't know why any team would spend a first oun Bronny when he would be available in the 2nd. It would be a worthwhile risk in the 2nd if it gives you a strong chance at adding LeBron.