Author Topic: Stretch 4 options  (Read 6104 times)

Stretch 4 options
« on: November 08, 2019, 04:34:23 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
At All-Star break, look to trade Ojeleye and Poirer and a 2020 first for????

- Lauri Markkanen
- Trey Lyles
- Jonathan Isaac
- Richaun Holmes
- Zach Collins
 -

Others???

I'm thinking we have Time Lord, Theis, and Kanter at Center. It might help to have a taller PF if we ever want to go big off the bench. Or just another option at the 5 if we go small with Tatum at the 4 still. Or if Grant Williams is at the 5. Some of these guys might cost too much draft pick wise. What do you guys think?

Re: Stretch 4 options
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 04:40:10 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

- Lauri Markkanen
- Trey Lyles
- Jonathan Isaac
- Richaun Holmes
- Zach Collins
 -

Others???

I'm thinking we have Time Lord, Theis, and Kanter at Center. It might help to have a taller PF if we ever want to go big off the bench. Or just another option at the 5 if we go small with Tatum at the 4 still. Or if Grant Williams is at the 5. Some of these guys might cost too much draft pick wise. What do you guys think?

Markene and Isaac arent getting traded, those franchises view those guys as central to their long term plan. The others arent a huge upgrade over the C's current bench. Personally I would rather they just keep going small. 1 PG, 3 wings, 1 center.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 05:31:21 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

- Lauri Markkanen
- Trey Lyles
- Jonathan Isaac
- Richaun Holmes
- Zach Collins
 -

Others???

Semi and Poirier aren’t getting you anything in a trade, especially not Markkanen and Isaac. Lol.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 05:58:10 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
Obviously. They are the salary filler. Those who would take a lottery pick at the least. That’s why I asked for discussion

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 06:11:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think we've got minutes at the 4 pretty well covered.

I think obvious upgrade would be if we could package Kanter, end of bench guys and some minor picks for a decent defensive / rebounding center with more traditional size (ironically the exact kind of guy we need is Baynes).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 06:21:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Isn't Hayward or Tatum or Brown(or whoever of the three are guarding the opposition's PF) already a stretch 4, kinda? All three are wings but you could classify one of them as a stretch four since they guard a 4, play mostly at the perimeter and stretch and space the floor with their outside shooting abilities.

Then off the bench, once Grant Williams starts hitting threes, he will be a stretch 4 too.

I don't think this team needs another stretch 4.

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 06:29:05 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
I know Zach Collins just got hurt but I could see the value of having a 6–10 who could help with defense and rebounding but also hit a 3-pointer. I know it’s not needed but would be nice luxury

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 11:41:39 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Go after Baynes!

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 12:12:18 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
You might, might, get Kelly Olynyk, or someone similar for that package.

But he only does 2 things that you want. Is tall. Stretches the floor.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 12:40:09 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I have been thinking that Lyles and Kaminsky could be realistic targets to add some depth to our bigs.  It is tough to match up salaries though.  And if we trade both Ojeleye and Poirier, we are left with Kanter, Theis, Williams and Williams plus whoever we bring in.  I guess that is enough.

It might cost us something more like Langford and Poirier for say Lyles or Kaminsky.  Short term, this helps as either of these guys would improve our big rotation but longer term, Langford may make us regret trading him.

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 01:04:46 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I would argue we already have a stretch 4 in Tatum/Hayward. If anything, we need a stretch 5, not a stretch 4.

The first name that comes to my mind is Myles Turner. I bet we'd have to sacrifice Hayward though. Not sure whether it would be worth it.

- Lauri Markkanen
- Trey Lyles
- Jonathan Isaac
- Richaun Holmes
- Zach Collins
 -

Others???
Holmes isn't a stretch 4. I mean, last season he didn't attempt a single 3pt shot. The same goes for this season as well.

If we are talking about stretch 4 prospects, how about PJ Washington (#12 last summer)? He's averaging 46.2% from 3 on 3.5 attempts per game.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 01:47:57 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 01:27:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
- Lauri Markkanen
- Trey Lyles
- Jonathan Isaac
- Richaun Holmes
- Zach Collins
 -

Others???

Davis Bertans

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2019, 01:37:14 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I would argue we already have a stretch 4 in Tatum/Hayward. If anything, we need a stretch 5, not a stretch 4.

The first name that comes to my mind is Myles Turner. We'd probably have to sacrifice Hayward though. Not sure whether it would be worth it.

- Lauri Markkanen
- Trey Lyles
- Jonathan Isaac
- Richaun Holmes
- Zach Collins
 -

Others???
Holmes isn't a stretch 4. I mean, last season he didn't attempt a single 3pt shot. The same goes for this season as well.

If we are talking about stretch 4 prospects, how about PJ Washington (#12 last summer)? He's averaging 46.2% from 3 on 3.5 attempts per game.

My early draft binkie along with Grant Williams. I wanted both for the Celtics.  Then Grant faded a bit in the draft and I was surprised we ended up with him.  Would love to add PJ Washington...but surely too expensive...would take something shocking for it to happen. 

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2019, 02:37:21 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Re Markkenan, that's typical CS 'give someone our crap for a guy with real talent on a great contract'.  I wish you were the Sixers GM. 

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2019, 02:39:03 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
You might, might, get Kelly Olynyk, or someone similar for that package.

But he only does 2 things that you want. Is tall. Stretches the floor.
You would get Olynyk for that if Miami wants to unload him.  And after watching 4 years of the guy I'm more than fine with him not coming back.