Author Topic: "Mutual interest" between Celtics and FA J-Crossover  (Read 6126 times)

Re: "Mutual interest" between Celtics and FA J-Crossover
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 05:56:35 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Signing him could make Rozier expendable this season. Signing him may mean that the Cs are looking at trade options
I'm bitter.

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2018, 05:58:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Signing him could make Rozier expendable this season. Signing him may mean that the Cs are looking at trade options

I see it more of signing him means we are going all in this season and that Jabari Bird is gone. No need to move a young talent like Rozier just because we have a 38 year old bench player. Crawford is good for a spark off the bench, but he can't give you major minutes anymore at his age.

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2018, 05:59:30 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I feel like we don’t need him.  We don’t lack people who can create shots.  If he were an off-ball sniper then that would be one thing, but he’s not.  Throw in the fact that he might be the single worst defensive player in the league at this point in his career... and no thanks.

Not sure I agree with that once you get past the starters. The only non-starters that can really create for themselves at all are Rozier and Morris, and Morris can only do it in certain settings.

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2018, 06:15:16 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I feel like we don’t need him.  We don’t lack people who can create shots.  If he were an off-ball sniper then that would be one thing, but he’s not.  Throw in the fact that he might be the single worst defensive player in the league at this point in his career... and no thanks.

Not sure I agree with that once you get past the starters. The only non-starters that can really create for themselves at all are Rozier and Morris, and Morris can only do it in certain settings.

How many teams have multiple players who can create coming off their bench? How many can do it on GSW's bench? If all of our starters can do it (w/o counting guys on the bench who can) then we are more than fine. It's rare as is to have 5 guys that start who all can, let's not make this something more important than it is. The bench has plenty of guys who are competent at getting themselves something or at least are able to do it for others. You're never going to play a full bench lineup in important moments unless something goes terribly wrong anyway, there will always be 1-2 guys who can get their own/create and with the way CBS does it, there is always at least 2.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 06:17:18 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

How many teams have multiple players who can create coming off their bench? How many can do it on GSW's bench? If all of our starters can do it (w/o counting guys on the bench who can) then we are more than fine. It's rare as is to have 5 guys that start who all can, let's not make this something more important than it is. The bench has plenty of guys who are competent at getting themselves something or at least are able to do it for others. You're never going to play a full bench lineup in important moments unless something goes terribly wrong anyway, there will always be 1-2 guys who can get their own/create and with the way CBS does it, there is always at least 2.

The more the better. You never know who you will need in emergencies. If Kyrie or Rozier get hurt and/or are in foul trouble, a guy like Crawford can be a savior in the short term. Even if its just for one half lf a playoff game, its worth it and can make the difference between Banner 18 and coming up just short.

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2018, 06:20:21 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I'd love to have him for reasons similar to those mentioned by indeedproceed.

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2018, 06:28:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Crawford is a proven NBA player. If he’s cool riding the pine most games, what’s the harm in signing him?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2018, 07:51:22 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Love J, but prefer to leave the spot open. Hello Ariza.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2018, 08:00:38 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Love J, but prefer to leave the spot open. Hello Ariza.
Didn't PHX sign him on a 1/$15m contract?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2018, 08:03:18 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Would love this. He wouldn't get a crazy amount of playing time but for depth he'd be incredible in spurts. If he'd go for the vet min it'd be a no brainer for us.

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2018, 08:06:07 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

The more the better. You never know who you will need in emergencies. If Kyrie or Rozier get hurt and/or are in foul trouble, a guy like Crawford can be a savior in the short term. Even if its just for one half lf a playoff game, its worth it and can make the difference between Banner 18 and coming up just short.

I'd believe JC would be the reason we came up short before I believe he could hold the fort at any time. Give me a lot of guys over JC at this point. I like JC, especially during the offseason but I'd rather give Wanamaker a shot before putting in JC. We don't have 10 shots for JC even with the depleted team from last season... he needed that to get 10pts (20 mins)! His defense... 
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2018, 08:55:24 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Agree with ImShak.  He’s pretty much an over the hill ball hog.  He seems like the opposite of what a Celtic should be.  I think I’d rather give Jimmer Freddette a look at that position.

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2018, 09:07:21 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Last time i check Smart and Wanamaker is still on the team

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2018, 09:09:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Last time i check Smart and Wanamaker is still on the team
Those 3 all bring very different skillset's to the table though
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2018, 02:21:26 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Crawford is a proven NBA player. If he’s cool riding the pine most games, what’s the harm in signing him?

Exactly. What's the harm having 3 times 6th-player-of-the-year veteran at the bench?! I see only contribution just for his presence and advices to the young guys.