Author Topic: Patriots 2020 Season  (Read 76891 times)

Re: Patriots 2020 Season
« Reply #285 on: November 01, 2020, 03:52:13 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
OMG the one freaking thing you couldn't do! C'mon Cam.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #286 on: November 01, 2020, 03:52:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Welp.. nice knowin you Newton

« Reply #287 on: November 01, 2020, 03:54:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
LOL

The Pats are just having the season from hell.  Even when they seem like they're grinding toward being respectable, they cough it up or something bad happens.

At least they showed some signs of being decent today.

Miami and Buffalo are both better.  It's a lost season and they ought to get whatever they can for the veterans on the roster.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #288 on: November 01, 2020, 03:54:25 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
It p---es me off that we let this faker Bills team off the hook. They look like trash against good teams.

« Reply #289 on: November 01, 2020, 03:55:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
OMG the one freaking thing you couldn't do! C'mon Cam.

They had the game in the bag. But no confidence in throwing game

Worst case should have been a FG

« Reply #290 on: November 01, 2020, 03:55:35 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Aw man, that is rough. The Pats have lost so many close games this season, but this one probably ends the season. We needed to get these games against Buffalo to have a chance at the division. I am not disgusted with how the season is going or anything - we all knew it was going to be a lot different w/o Brady, the opt outs, and the injuries - but it is rough when your team consistently blows it at the end...it doesn't help that the Cs were doing the same thing to end their season.

« Reply #291 on: November 01, 2020, 03:56:21 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Cam Newton fumbles, lose game. Could have tied it with a FG too.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #292 on: November 01, 2020, 03:57:38 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
Cam Newton fumbles, lose game. Could have tied it with a FG too.
Remind you of a certain Super Bowl? Cam and back breaking fumbles seem to have a close relationship  ;D.

« Reply #293 on: November 01, 2020, 03:58:20 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I know it makes me a spoiled fan but all I want from this Patriots team now is for them to wave the white flag and tank as hard as possible.

There's something that feels embarrassing and shameful about trying to win games when your team is just not really good enough, has too many problems that need fixing.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #294 on: November 01, 2020, 04:15:41 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
For real I am a bills AND Patriots fan. And as a bills fan I know what it's like to see a bleak future.

The argument of "was it bill or was it brady" isn't an argument at all - it was flat out brady.

put brady's greatness aside, the stability at the qb position alone allowed bill the luxury to run the organization the way he has.

Throw the greatness of brady into the mix and it flat out made up for what appears to be poor gm'ing from bill... If we want to look at things realistically.

« Reply #295 on: November 01, 2020, 04:17:59 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Also the bills still need a qb.

« Reply #296 on: November 01, 2020, 04:30:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
For real I am a bills AND Patriots fan. And as a bills fan I know what it's like to see a bleak future.

The argument of "was it bill or was it brady" isn't an argument at all - it was flat out brady.

put brady's greatness aside, the stability at the qb position alone allowed bill the luxury to run the organization the way he has.

Throw the greatness of brady into the mix and it flat out made up for what appears to be poor gm'ing from bill... If we want to look at things realistically.

It was always both.

Brady on a poorly run or poorly coached franchise would not necessarily have any more success than, say, Rodgers. Brady benefited from the stability around him as much as the Pats benefited from having stability at that spot.

The pats with Brady this year would still be a borderline playoff team at best. It was time to start the difficult process of moving on. It's too bad this year has been such a dispiriting mess so far, but it needed to happen regardless.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #297 on: November 01, 2020, 04:48:39 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Re: Brady v. Belichick: Brady's got a LOT more to work with this year than Bill does.

As for the Pats, I figured that this season would be rough, but not THIS rough. At this point, Bill should trade anyone who could bring back anything of future value and go for a high draft pick this season. To that end, I'm tempted to say, "Play Stidham the rest of the season," but this version of Cam is barely better than Stidham, so go with the status quo, I guess.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #298 on: November 01, 2020, 05:03:46 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I love Brady and firmly believe he is the GOAT, but I am not ready to say it was all him. Those early 2000s teams had very special defenses and a system around Brady that just clicked perfectly. While Brady has clearly carried the load for a while now, I doubt he would have 6 SBs if BB wasn't leading the way when the dynasty began. 3 SBs in [essentially] your first four seasons as a QB is absolutely unheard of.

Pats fans should be super thankful we had both guys over the same 20 year span - just an incredible run.

« Reply #299 on: November 01, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I love Brady and firmly believe he is the GOAT, but I am not ready to say it was all him. Those early 2000s teams had very special defenses and a system around Brady that just clicked perfectly. While Brady has clearly carried the load for a while now, I doubt he would have 6 SBs if BB wasn't leading the way when the dynasty began. 3 SBs in [essentially] your first four seasons as a QB is absolutely unheard of.

Pats fans should be super thankful we had both guys over the same 20 year span - just an incredible run.

Rare/not many teams have been able to win the superbowl with a mediocre qb

But an elite qb has been able to will their teams to wins

The adv goes to qb. Unless the coach has won SBs with multiple teams