Author Topic: Team Performance Not Good enough? Really?  (Read 4208 times)

Re: Team Performance Not Good enough? Really?
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2023, 11:31:01 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 179
It’s a championship or bust kind of season. That’s the expectation and they’re showing classic signs of all the shortcomings they’ve had in this era. If you’re content just being good and not winning a championship with this core then sure it’s good enough.

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2023, 11:34:03 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
I will also add that I am an extremely loyal person, yes that includes my favorite teams. When people talk bad about my team, I guess I get really defensive. I am the same way if you become my friend, I will have your back no matter what. If someone talk bad about you I will rush to your defense.
I certainly understand being frustrated and I really do love this forum and the people who participle!!!

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2023, 11:36:21 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
It’s a championship or bust kind of season. That’s the expectation and they’re showing classic signs of all the shortcomings they’ve had in this era. If you’re content just being good and not winning a championship with this core then sure it’s good enough.
To that point, if your friend or family member failed at something, would your try to pick them up, or just shoot them down?  To me, Championship or bust makes no sense? What to you mean by bust? I am a Celtics fan, pure and simple, win or lose.

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2023, 11:38:28 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
To that point, if your friend or family member failed at something, would your try to pick them up, or just shoot them down?  To me, Championship or bust makes no sense? What to you mean by bust? I am a Celtics fan, pure and simple, win or lose.
Of course that doesn't mean you can't say, this is what a player needs to do to get better, I talking about loving the Celtics, in good times and bad.
So I am sorry but these are pretty good times, that of course my take only.

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2023, 11:42:03 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
Of course that doesn't mean you can say, this is what a player needs to do to get better, I talking about loving the Celtics, in good times and bad.

There’s a clear championship expectation and if they don’t win one now or in this era at all then it’s a massive underachievement, I think we are all fans either way, congrats.

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2023, 11:44:49 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
Of course you now also know that Indiana beat the Bucks, Antetokounmpo had 37 points and 10 rebounds, The pacers are on a roll, maybe it is that more than the Celtics not living up to expectations.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 11:50:31 PM by lbgreen33 »

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2023, 11:48:33 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
Of course that doesn't mean you can say, this is what a player needs to do to get better, I talking about loving the Celtics, in good times and bad.

There’s a clear championship expectation and if they don’t win one now or in this era at all then it’s a massive underachievement, I think we are all fans either way, congrats.
I apologize if you think I was inferring you are any less of a fan! I am Not! I am merely stating my feeling, not putting anyone down.  You make good points about this being a time to win. I will be super sad if they don't, we just cheer on our team differently No right or wrong way to be a fan!

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2023, 11:51:33 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
Of course you now also know that Indiana beat the Bucks, Antetokounmpo had 37 points and 10 rebounds, The pacers are on a roll, maybe it is that more than the Celtics not living up to some peoples expectations.

I don’t care about the pacers or the bucks. I care about the Celtics and they have to play better, coach better and become a better team if they want to live up to expectations. If they don’t it’s a massive underachievement. The Celtics can do no wrong in your eyes, congrats.

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2023, 11:53:12 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
Of course you now also know that Indiana beat the Bucks, Antetokounmpo had 37 points and 10 rebounds, The pacers are on a roll, maybe it is that more than the Celtics not living up to some peoples expectations.

I don’t care about the pacers or the bucks. I care about the Celtics and they have to play better, coach better and become a better team if they want to live up to expectations. If they don’t it’s a massive underachievement. The Celtics can do no wrong in your eyes, congrats.
wow, thought forums we supposed to be fun? You seem to want to start a fight? Nope, not me. You are right, I am wrong, cheers
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 12:14:01 AM by lbgreen33 »

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2023, 11:13:37 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 738

wow, thought forums we supposed to be fun? You seem to want to start a fight? Nope, not me. You are right, I am wrong, cheers

Welcome to Celtics Strong, where you get judged as a person by comments often misunderstood.
Some people enjoy conflict and some people are just jerks.

After the 2007 season or the 1979 season when the franchise was at low points, I was not a fan of whatever management or players who were the source of the problems. But I was always in love with the Celtics, they will always be my team - since the 60's. Of course fans are going to be upset with whoever we think is preventing sucess - I guess it just comes out sounding like we are against the team.

As mentioned previously, expectations for the Celtics franchise is always about titles - that is true of most traditional dynasties, Celtics, Yankees, Packers, Alabama football, Kentucky basketball to name a few examples. As a University of Tennessee fan, I am pretty happy with a very good but not great basketball program, but am only happy with football if they are winning the SEC and contending for a national championship. Two different programs with different history. But I would never be a fan of another college football team, even when the Vols are down.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce