Author Topic: Jackson released  (Read 9293 times)

Re: Jackson released
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2017, 07:29:28 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Is Danny being a cheapazz or does he have no choice really?

Jackson is not great but is a decent depth player .... . SL celts have looked better when Jackson has played regardless of his production

If Ainge needs the money to lock up Semi , fine

but if he could have kept both...then why cut Jackson.

They have to fit the under the cap. dangercarts cap projection going into the season.

Is there a link to that chart? For Cs and other teams?

https://twitter.com/dangercart/media

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2017, 09:20:10 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
A not ready for prime time player
He should catch on with another nba team but he didn't show much to be an nba player with comparisons to Thomas, Bradley, smart, rozier.  He might sign with a lesser team but as a 3rd string at best pg

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 06:34:18 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Apparently the Celtics exercised the option on Jackson's non-guaranteed season in 2019-2020, which allowed them to stretch the $650k he was owed this year equally over seven seasons, for a cap/tax hit of just over $90k each season.

I'm generally not a fan of utilizing the stretch provision, but I suppose $93k a year won't derail any plans.

The net effect is that Semi can get paid more money this season.

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2017, 06:51:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Apparently the Celtics exercised the option on Jackson's non-guaranteed season in 2019-2020, which allowed them to stretch the $650k he was owed this year equally over seven seasons, for a cap/tax hit of just over $90k each season.

I'm generally not a fan of utilizing the stretch provision, but I suppose $93k a year won't derail any plans.

The net effect is that Semi can get paid more money this season.

It's bizarre to me that the rules allow this, but good on the Celts for taking advantage of the loophole.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2017, 12:08:19 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Crazy we will be looking at the roster in the year  2023 and wonder who is Demetrius jackson and why we owe him $92,000 lol.

Who was the last player where we had them on the books for a long time? Wasn't there an exception for sheed or something