Author Topic: Giannis is human barely  (Read 3423 times)

Giannis is human barely
« on: April 24, 2019, 04:43:30 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
The Celtics have beaten some extraordinary athletes in their days--  Free throws could dip in away games against Detroit he had several games in low 60%
Maybe Semi can get in his head and maybe this year the charges go his way.
Bledsoe may try too hard against Rozier.

Re: Giannis is human barely
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 06:07:59 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

The Bucks are much better this year. Yes.
 The Freak is the best player in the series. Yes.
 The Celtics beat them Las year, and we are adding Kyrie Irving and Suddenly Healthy Hayward.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 07:08:17 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The Celtics have a substantial edge at the overall guard position. Even without Smart.

This will take a team effort, but if Gordan Hayward can play like Utah Jazz Hayward, we have a good chance. Players like Semi and Rosier need to step up when they get called on.     

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 07:18:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Giannis is a below average scorer from anywhere on the court outside of 3 feet.

Problem:

(1) He takes 57% of his shots within 3 feet.

(2) He shoots 77% within 3 feet

(3) His free throw rate is .55 (meaning .55 free throw attempts per shot attempt, which is quite high)

Test of this series as I see it is for the Celts to somehow force Bledsoe and Middleton to make plays with the ball, and also force guys like Lopez and Mirotic to hit shots.

You can't really stop Giannis, much as the Celts in the past were unable to really stop LeBron.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 07:36:46 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
The same was true for prime Shaq. :P

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 07:38:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yup.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 07:57:29 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
He’s the best thing to happen to Greece since the Parthenon. He’s going to average like 35 and 15 this series.

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 08:18:57 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Let's hope Brogdon doesn't recover in time for this series, he spaces the floor a lot for them.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 09:37:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If Bucks win the story will be the foul line.

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 09:42:55 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Was thinking about this today, how Giannis really is a freak of nature.  The last freak of nature was seemingly LeBron.

I know we have a lot of LeBron haters here who accuse LeBron of being on steroids.  I wonder if those same accusations apply to Giannis?

Dude came in the league 196 lbs, was listed at 222 lbs in 2016, and is now listed at 242 lbs.

6 years in, no injuries, constantly gaining muscles, putting on 50 lbs since his rookie year.  If you think LeBron's on steriods, this guys gotta be on steroids too right?

Just to be clear, I'm not accusing Giannis.  I have no reason to think he or LeBron are on steroids other than the fact they're freaks of nature.  But for the people who think LeBron's on the juice, do you think Giannis is too?  Or do you not hate him enough yet to accuse of him of that sort of thing?

As of now, he's such a likable guy.  Wonder if my opinion will change after this series is over.  Hopefully not though  ;)

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 10:36:42 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
He walks ever time he makes a move...no calls...like Lebron.

They need to stay right on him and not let him get up a head of steam, and somebody has to be willing to take a charge from him.

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 10:51:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Yup.
and just like Shaq, he gets away with blatant travels and offensive fouls

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 11:14:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yup.
and just like Shaq, he gets away with blatant travels and offensive fouls
It's like officials get caught up in their freakish nature and forget the rules
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2019, 02:22:15 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Was thinking about this today, how Giannis really is a freak of nature.  The last freak of nature was seemingly LeBron.

I know we have a lot of LeBron haters here who accuse LeBron of being on steroids.  I wonder if those same accusations apply to Giannis?

Dude came in the league 196 lbs, was listed at 222 lbs in 2016, and is now listed at 242 lbs.

6 years in, no injuries, constantly gaining muscles, putting on 50 lbs since his rookie year.  If you think LeBron's on steriods, this guys gotta be on steroids too right?

Just to be clear, I'm not accusing Giannis.  I have no reason to think he or LeBron are on steroids other than the fact they're freaks of nature.  But for the people who think LeBron's on the juice, do you think Giannis is too?  Or do you not hate him enough yet to accuse of him of that sort of thing?

As of now, he's such a likable guy.  Wonder if my opinion will change after this series is over.  Hopefully not though  ;)

Or maybe he was just a eighteen year old who grew 2 inches and got into a an NBA strength program after playing against chairs in Greece?

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2019, 02:29:51 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I have asked repeatedly for Jason Tatum to get on the Giannis strength program.