Author Topic: Winston Churchill / Matt Damon / 1969 Celtics  (Read 1686 times)

Winston Churchill / Matt Damon / 1969 Celtics
« on: January 18, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
Sir Winston Churchill
Speech
Harrow School
United Kingdom
October 29, 1941

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Remember Matt Damon in 2008 at the Mantler Awards..."The Boston Celtics are coming...yes they are...we're going to kick #%@...like a true Boston fan...I'm happy to be the only one rooting for my team in the room and I'm not going to change because I'm
out-numbered...it's coming...it's gonna happen...here we come..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4UE2VLA4Gw

1969 Boston Celtics
48 - 34
Jack Kent Cooke
Hung balloons in the rafters of the Great Western Forum
Bill Russell and Sam Jones retire as NBA Champions

You call it green kool-aid...

I call it Celtic Pride and Celtic Tradition!!!

If you want to advocate the break-up of the Big 3 and be a bandwagoner...you do not get to enjoy it when they come back!!!

You're all in or you are not!!!

Go Celtics!!!

Re: Winston Churchill / Matt Damon / 1969 Celtics
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 12:17:52 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Bandwagoner?  Don't be a jerk.

Especially when you're talking about rooting for players instead of the team.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 12:20:55 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
How is that a "bandwagoner" when they are worried about the future? The bandwagoners are already gone now that the team is losing.

What is the point of name-calling anyway? No need to descend into the antisocial habits of tech geeks arguing iOS versus Android online.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 12:22:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
rutzan - thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Jsh0S9Qoo

You certainly deserve a TP. :)

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 12:47:53 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
tp!
glad you mentioned the bandwagoniers, been getting tired of the casual fan posting break the team up,trade pierce, rondo sucks, kg is old etc etc etc

to be a boston celtics fan you are a fan when the team is good, great or bad, you cheer and the team plays hard

how 'bout that damon? that was in a room full of laker fans in california

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
tp!
glad you mentioned the bandwagoniers, been getting tired of the casual fan posting break the team up,trade pierce, rondo sucks, kg is old etc etc etc

to be a boston celtics fan you are a fan when the team is good, great or bad, you cheer and the team plays hard

Another jerk who thinks anyone who disagrees with the current construction of the team is automatically a casual fan and "bandwagonier."

I've been cheering for this team for three decades, and watched every version of the C's in that time excluding the years I took a little world tour of crapholes complements of Uncle Sam and the US Army (no cable in Somalia).  I know basketball, and Celtics basketball in particular, as well as anyone. 

I spent quite a few years studying, too, and understand that when all else fails, it's easier to shoot the messenger than listen to the message.

So let's quit calling out people who don't root for the names on the back of the jerseys.

There is a name for these types, though, the one's who root for putting the best team possible on the floor, regardless of the name on the back. 

They're called Celtics fans, and one would think they'd get a little more respect around here.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:08:59 PM by Inside-Out »

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
tp!

Another jerk.
i don't think you are supposed to call me names  :P