Author Topic: official 'Bench Sheed, Play Sheldon!' thread  (Read 1943 times)

official 'Bench Sheed, Play Sheldon!' thread
« on: April 07, 2010, 03:45:55 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
His ability to stretch the floor was supposed to be a key tool in beating Cleveland and Orlando.  Too bad no one's rotating out of the paint to stop a 28% 3pt shooter from jacking one up...

Add to that his disinterest in boxing out or rebounding, and his inability to rotate with any urgency on defense -- and we've got a player that only hinders this Celtics rotation.  His attitude is just icing on the cake, which is saying something, because that too is costing us games.

Who's in favor of giving his mpg to a fundamentally sound paint player who always boxes out, hustles after offense boards, and can hit a 15' jumper?  Sheldon may not be that great, but he is a clear upgrade to 35 yr old Rasheed right now, and once you factor in the momentum swinging Tech's Sheed continues to pick up, it's not even close. 

It's time for Doc to take a stand, do what's right for this organization and it's fans, forget saving face for KG and Danny's coveted offseason pickup. 

Play Sheldon Williams, bury Sheed, and rebuild UBUNTU. 
Does anyone doubt that this is what Red would do? 

Re: official 'Bench Sheed, Play Sheldon!' thread
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
rp for the OP. bench sheed and play with four guys like hickory high for all i care. just bench sheed.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 04:04:33 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think Sheed has been playing better lately. 

And if we are talking about effort, last night, Rondo, Pierce, and Perkins made Sheed look like Walter McCarty (OK, I couldn't think of anything better), so should we bench all of them.

I think Sheed's minutes should, and will be cut down in the playoffs, but I still think he is the best big man they have off the bench, even with all his warts.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 04:12:56 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

And if we are talking about effort, last night, Rondo, Pierce, and Perkins made Sheed look like Walter McCarty (OK, I couldn't think of anything better), so should we bench all of them.

I think Sheed's minutes should, and will be cut down in the playoffs, but I still think he is the best big man they have off the bench, even with all his warts.

True about everyone's effort.  I just don't feel this is an aberation for Sheed, he's played this lackadaisical in every single game this year.

If he can't shoot the 3, isn't rebounding, and is forever late on his defensive rotations -- what exactly are the qualities that make him superior to either Davis or Williams right now?

He should be our best big man off the bench - but saying he actually is right now is kinda like judging a book by it's cover.  

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 04:14:51 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

End of Thread.

I just defended Sheed. Yuk!

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 04:20:46 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I'd say Red would have traded him at mid season.  If he plays great, which is what we are all hoping for, in the playoffs than I'll be bursting with joy  ;D
But I hope danny can trade him after this season, he is our best big off bench easily but a 3 year deal we need to get him gone.  Hopefully he can help us win this year but I hope danny is ready to cut his losses.  Yes I'd keep Sheldon by the way, davis & sheed I'm really not crazy about.

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
you can put your money on one thing for sure, a player will play harder in a contract year...or if his position is challenged...look at BBD when sheldon out did him......12 points in 12 minutes...too bad doc is a knucklehead and benched sheldon the rest of that game...who would bench the hot player, 12 points in 12 minutes and REBOUNDS.....mostly points he recovered in rebounds.......doc....should be dork...they must call him doc...like in opposite day......get sheldon in the rotation, watch the player competition heat up..and please don't start the "chemistry" or rotation stuff.....considering what we have been seeing...we need a new EXPERIMENT.....insanity= trying to get different results doing THE SAME THING.......

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 05:14:30 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623

True about everyone's effort.  I just don't feel this is an aberation for Sheed, he's played this lackadaisical in every single game this year.

If he can't shoot the 3, isn't rebounding, and is forever late on his defensive rotations -- what exactly are the qualities that make him superior to either Davis or Williams right now?

He should be our best big man off the bench - but saying he actually is right now is kinda like judging a book by it's cover.  

Sad that right now I miss Walter McCarty. He always gave 100% effort...frustrating watch the Celts being so lazy. Actually the Walter McCarty of those teams a few years back would be perfect on this team to guard guys like Rashard Lewis, Lebron etc....
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 05:37:15 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Everyone Tommy likes, doc hates and won't play.....what does that say about doc's mentality....who was more accomplished...? Who know basketball more...who knows good players better...TOMMY...!

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 06:09:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
What makes this thread offical?

Can i start the official thread of officialness?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 06:12:52 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
This thread makes me want to start an official 'Bench Davis, Play Sheldon!' thread

I LOVE SHEED!

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 07:18:36 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
This thread makes me want to start an official 'Bench Davis, Play Sheldon!' thread

I LOVE SHEED!

If all he is doing is providing post scoring I would rather have Sheldon who would rebound and put more effort on D.

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 07:52:44 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

I agree. If we bench Sheed, we have to bench Rondo, Pierce, Perkins and KG. They're grown men, and Sheed can't be blamed for their efforts.

The Celtics are what they are. Permanently benching Sheed now would be foolish. Its a week or so from playoff time. That is when we will see Sheed's potential. That is when we will see this team's potential.