Author Topic: The Need for Sheed Thread!  (Read 2059 times)

The Need for Sheed Thread!
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:52:56 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Because I am so sick and tired of Rasheed Wallace getting criticized on this blog, I am starting a thread supporting the big guy.

Wallace has been a decent player for us, could be better but will be when the playoffs start. And I also love the "ball don't lie" references during games.

So if anyone else is sick and tired of Sheed getting criticized like me, show you're support in this thread.

Re: The Need for Sheed Thread!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Count me in! Definitely love Sheed and I know he will quiet the haters in the playoffs. He already has turned the switch a couple of times after the break and I expect him to be more and more efficient and productive for the team as we near the playoffs.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 01:19:58 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I have no problem with Sheed. It's nice to have a center off the bench even though I wish Doc would play him less and not have him eat into Perk's minute. He's having the kind of season I imagined he'd have when we signed him so no complaints here.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 01:33:42 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2535
Even though Sheed's playoff stats are not noticebly  better than his regular season stats, it does make a lot of sense to me that he will be a more effective player in the playoffs.  Playoff basketball tends to be tougher, 1/2 court basketball and if Sheed is forced to play inside and play tight D he can be very effective.  He should be hitting his stride soon as he is now used to his teammates and in good game shape.  Doc should limit his minutes to 20-25 and give Glen or Shelden some C minutes (when playing small with Nate).  I wouldn't mind seeing Glen and Shelden in together with Nate, Ray, and Pierce/Quis for a five minute stretch here and there.  That preserves some Sheed time.  Want Sheed able to give it his all in the time he is out there.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:34:53 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Because I am so sick and tired of Rasheed Wallace getting criticized on this blog, I am starting a thread supporting the big guy.

Wallace has been a decent player for us, could be better but will be when the playoffs start. And I also love the "ball don't lie" references during games.

So if anyone else is sick and tired of Sheed getting criticized like me, show you're support in this thread.

TP for gpap.

Ball Don't Lie!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 01:57:03 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
Nut-crushing time.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 02:26:19 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
I absolutely detested Sheed in Detroit. Why? He always seemed like a thug who could score. When the Celtics signed him, my initial reaction was dismay. However, and I admit this has something to do with a little Green Bias, I decided to embrace the thug. I actually bought myself a Wallace Celtics jersey. What a homer I am!

Anyway, I havent enjoyed Sheed's bad games much, but he is doing what he was signed for. I fully expect Sheed to be a factor in the postseason.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 03:10:21 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'm not going to come in here and bash him in this thread. I really hope all you people who think he "will turn it on" in the postseason are correct.

I personally don't believe in that kind of stuff. I truly hope I'm wrong so the Celtics can do well.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 06:28:04 PM »

Offline Greeny

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
  • LETS DO IT AGAIN!
I think Sheed is like Randy Moss.
He takes plays off.
Sheed takes those pointless 3's and sometimes plays matador defense reaching for the ball.
Then he gets a T when he complains.

I do love Sheed on the post. The only place he should be.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 06:31:39 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I would love Sheed if he played more in the post -- another meager 2 rebounds today in 22 minutes -- and stopped taking three-pointers -- another 0-3 today from beyond the arc. Get in the paint where you belong Sheed so you can bring something to the table for this team.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 06:35:22 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I would love Sheed if he played more in the post -- another meager 2 rebounds today in 22 minutes -- and stopped taking three-pointers -- another 0-3 today from beyond the arc. Get in the paint where you belong Sheed so you can bring something to the table for this team.

I agree that he should be in the paint more, but three 3s isn't too horrible.  Part of what makes him so valuable out there is that opposing bigs have to either leave him open or clear the paint. 

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 08:31:43 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
This game, he showed what type of weapon he can be down low in the paint when fed.  4-7 from within the arc.  When he does that, I don't mind the three three pointers when he is open.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
As long as Rasheed gets enough post looks, I don't mind him taking WIDE-OPEN 3s. He's been doing an adequate job balancing his shot selection as of late
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 09:57:48 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
2 rebounds in 22 min and 0-3 from 3p

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 10:55:35 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
he has been frustrating for me thus far, but i still like/root for the guy.  i honestly believe his best ball will be played in the post season.