Author Topic: David Lee  (Read 5353 times)

David Lee
« on: June 30, 2009, 01:32:46 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Is David Lee a player we may be able to get for the 5 mil a year.  From the clip on the front do you think the double double machine would get more cash from one of hand full of teams with cap room?

Here is my questions. 

In a win now is he better than Wallace?
Would he be better long term?

What do you think of this guy?  I like him, but seems he is limitted on O...and really just a scrapper?   But dude can jump and box out!  What do you guys think.  I guess he isnot in NY future plans and is so why???

Diggles

Re: David Lee
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 02:00:24 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Is David Lee a player we may be able to get for the 5 mil a year.  From the clip on the front do you think the double double machine would get more cash from one of hand full of teams with cap room?

Here is my questions. 

What do you think of this guy?  I like him, but seems he is limitted on O...and really just a scrapper?   But dude can jump and box out!  What do you guys think.  I guess he isnot in NY future plans and is so why???

Does he play team defense, or just rebound?

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 02:51:18 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136

Here is my questions. 

He is not coming here for the MLE, simply because he will get a much higher offer somewhere else. The guy is talented and very good and he deserves to get a high contract. I am sure the C's would like to sign him, but i believe he is out of our reach

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 07:29:37 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Lee is very good and the only knick I'd be interested in, he isn't a sub on most teams and will demand and good contract.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 07:35:03 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Lee would be interesting, but what I worry about with a young guy like him is how interested he's going to be with the team concept.  Sure, he hasn't proven to be a selfish player; however, he's obviously going to be playing for future contracts.  Someone like Sheed won't.  That might change their respective motivations. 

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 08:06:03 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I like Lee a lot.  I'd love to have him on the team coming off the bench. 

He's the rebounder the team needs to bring in for Perk/Garnett.  His D hasn't looked particularly good but I don't think that's due to a low skillset.  I think with the right coaches, he could be a good defender.  Offensively, he's mostly a garbage scorer but he can definitely finish around the rim better than BBD.

I'm not so sure that he could get a contract better than the MLE right now.  Only 4-6 teams are under the cap and I believe there may be 1 or 2 of those whose space is less than the MLE (thereby making the MLE the primary tool for signing FA's).  There are more players that are worth the MLE or more in the FA market this year.  Lee might be squeezed where an MLE might be all he gets (or less).  If that's the case, I wouldn't mind getting him as the C's fallback player this offseason.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 08:10:54 AM »

Offline toinewalka

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
I like Lee but a couple of things lead me to believe that this has no footing.

1)  He will demand a larger contract from a team looking for a long term young forward.
2)  He is more of an effort guy than a skill guy, and we need scoring on the block, which he can do in moderation, but there is better options out there.

If we signed him I would be very happy about it, I just don't think there is much to this.  He will get better offers, and I don't see him being in the top of Danny's "list".

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 08:35:19 AM »

Offline toinewalka

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
And P.S.

I think Sheed is a better fit.  Reports claim that he would be very interested in coming here (Granted it's Tanguay) and he will most likely ultimately be cheaper (that obviously depends on what offers they both get in Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ency, but Sheed will probably take a discount to win).  spots as well

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
This guy has been a statistical wonder for the Knicks all year long, climaxing with a 37, 20, 10 triple double the other night.  You can't sugarcoat that kind of production.  It'll be very interesting to see what he does next year - regardless of where he ends up - once he's hit the jackpot.

Any thoughts on where he lands, and what to expect from him?

He's been one of my favorites since day one.
Yup

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 08:34:58 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I can't see Lee signing for the MLE.  He made $7 million this season, I believe, and had an all-star caliber season.  He's probably looking at around $10 million or so per year.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 08:40:08 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
He'll get at least $10 million in the off-season, and he deserves it.  He's a 20-10 double double machine.  I hope the Thunder sign him.  He could be their missing piece.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 08:44:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He'll get at least $10 million in the off-season, and he deserves it.  He's a 20-10 double double machine.  I hope the Thunder sign him.  He could be their missing piece.
If you think Ibaka can be your defensive big going forward I could see that. I have my doubts.

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 08:57:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If you think Ibaka can be your defensive big going forward I could see that. I have my doubts.

Jeff Green + thier 1st for Al Jefferson makes so much more sense (to me). The thunder, using the cap space from Etan Thomas's expiring (and probably resigning him at the vet min) would relieve the T-Wolves of Al's contract and give them someone of value in return.

Then, the thunder still have Nenad Kristic and Nick Collison as well as Ibaka.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 09:02:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Jeff Green + thier 1st for Al Jefferson makes so much more sense (to me). The thunder, using the cap space from Etan Thomas's expiring (and probably resigning him at the vet min) would relieve the T-Wolves of Al's contract and give them someone of value in return.

Then, the thunder still have Nenad Kristic and Nick Collison as well as Ibaka.
Big Al would be a good fit there, I'd worry about his defensive limitations though. Ibaka seems like the type that could play with him though.

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 09:07:03 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
He'll get at least $10 million in the off-season, and he deserves it.  He's a 20-10 double double machine.  I hope the Thunder sign him.  He could be their missing piece.

Ibaka has taken huge strides already even though he hasn't been playing basketball for very long.  

A starting lineup of

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Green
Lee

is just too talented offensively to contain.  All of those players is capable of playing at least acceptable defense as well.  They'd also have Maynor, Sefalosha, Ibaka, and Collison coming off the bench - all of whom are capable role players, especially on the defensive end in the case of Thabo and Ibaka.

I really doubt the Wolves would trade Big Al for Jeff Green and a 1st though (especially since the Thunder's first rounders are bound to be pretty low picks for a while).  They can do a lot better than that.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers