Author Topic: Ok. who would you rather have coming off the bench for us, Manu Ginobili or  (Read 4956 times)

Re: Ok. who would you rather have coming off the bench for us, Manu Ginobli or
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 10:36:33 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Big Al, because when the "big three" move on, a team centered around Big Al and Rondo would be pretty solid.

A healthy Manu would arguably help us more this season, but either player would put us over the top, so why not go with the young stud?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Ok. who would you rather have coming off the bench for us, Manu Ginobli or
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 01:10:50 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Can Anyone do better than Manu??

Seems perfect to me outside of Salary.

(...)

And if we could have either guy this year would you want Duncan Or Manu???

Are you serious? Duncan?

I'll take it even further. I'd take Duncan over KG.

Yeah, me too.

Re: Ok. who would you rather have coming off the bench for us, Manu Ginobili or
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 02:39:13 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
TA all-day baby! I know alot of the C's complain to the refs just like the rest of the league, but Manu complains even when he gets the call nevermind every single time someone comes w/in 15 feet of him. Manu can keep his Euro-Flop, Mike Milleresque hair & joke of 6th player award out of a green uniform thank you very much! 6th player wasn't meant for the Manu's & Jason Terry's of the world who happen to come in 5 minutes into the game & often lead their team in points & minutes, it was meant for guys like Powe & Brandon Bass!

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 02:46:08 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
TA all-day baby! I know alot of the C's complain to the refs just like the rest of the league, but Manu complains even when he gets the call nevermind every single time someone comes w/in 15 feet of him. Manu can keep his Euro-Flop, Mike Milleresque hair & joke of 6th player award out of a green uniform thank you very much! 6th player wasn't meant for the Manu's & Jason Terry's of the world who happen to come in 5 minutes into the game & often lead their team in points & minutes, it was meant for guys like Powe & Brandon Bass!

There's no way a rational person would take Bass or Powe over Manu. The guy may flop, but we've got quite a flopping bunch on the C's. (Pierce and Powe, and last year Posey) Manu plays hard, shoots well, plays smart, and is pretty clutch. Anyone who says they wouldn't want him on their team is silly.

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28

There's no way a rational person would take Bass or Powe over Manu. The guy may flop, but we've got quite a flopping bunch on the C's. (Pierce and Powe, and last year Posey) Manu plays hard, shoots well, plays smart, and is pretty clutch. Anyone who says they wouldn't want him on their team is silly.

I just don't like how the 6th Man Award is consistently going to guys who are All-Stars and/or one of the top 3 players on their team. TA is truly 6th man, but how can he compete for that award when he plays 20 minutes a night while Terry plays 36? Its nice that I can worry about these types of insignificant things since the C's are rizollin'!

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 05:22:49 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i'd want big al to come off the bench and perk to still start, becuase with all the minutes available at center, and perks fouling habits, Al would probably be getting more minutes anyways, and think about Al Jefferson going up against some of the leagues backup bigs.

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 05:30:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Big Al Jefferson. I don't care if the other candidate is Micheal Jordan, circa 1993. Big Al Jefferson.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner