Author Topic: Vujacic won't even wear green?!  (Read 11708 times)

Re: Vujacic won't even wear green?!
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 07:03:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I refuse to wear purple and gold... It has nothing to do with the Lakers I just think it's a lame ass color scheme.

As a graduate of James Madison University, I'm sorry to hear that.  :-[
As a graduate of Emerson College, ditto

Fellow Emerson alum!  GO LIONS! 

But still, my purple wearin' days are long past.

I don't mean to date you, but what class were ya?

`91

You?
Yup

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 07:26:05 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Someone tell this little baby to grow up. Whatta sore loser.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 08:30:25 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I refuse to wear purple and gold... It has nothing to do with the Lakers I just think it's a lame ass color scheme.

count the university of washington huskies as well...but i think my alma mater will bear up under the disapproval.  ;)

go dawgs.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 08:33:56 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

count the university of washington huskies as well...but i think my alma mater will bear up under the disapproval.  ;)

go dawgs.

Color Stonehill moderately offended.

Well not really... No gold
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 08:46:41 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2008, 08:51:24 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter

Madison, James Madison, we are the Dukes of JMU

I think the Lakers were inspired by our marching band (best around) and copied our colors
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2008, 09:00:27 PM »

Offline I Am A Boston Celtic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
From an article here:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lakers-celtics-room-2249800-bryant-milwaukee

This is the Vujacic who refuses to wear green since the Lakers lost to the Celtics — and chides anyone whom he sees wearing green, even now that we're in the holiday season.

"There's red, yes?" Vujacic will say.

I know we beat them pretty bad in that game 6, but so bad that he won't even WEAR green? Poor thing, truly we must have traumatized him...I love it.

He waxes his eyebrows, enough said.

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2008, 10:31:12 PM »

Offline mikeford

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18

`91

You?

Haha, '08 here. just a young gun.

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2008, 10:39:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

`91

You?

Congrats!  Someone gave the college about a bazillion dollars a couple of years after I graduated and they also did really well with a bunch of real estate.  I don't even know where the school is anymore.  My dorm room and most of my classrooms are now luxury condos. 
Yup

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 02:23:20 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
"There's red, yes?" Vujacic will say.

Oh yes Sasha, we have Red too.

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2008, 08:20:07 AM »

Offline klg05

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Just a vote here for purple, one of the fine colors of Holy Cross, alma mater of Bob Cousy and Tommy Heinsohn.

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I know I am in the majority here, but Vujacic is the type of competitor that I would take on the Celtics any time.  It must kill him to be surrounded with so many soft guys, who seem to not really care.  Really, he and Kobe are the only guys on the Lakers who consistently play with heart.

It just seems so fake with sasha though, just like his defense. He's a average defender at best, yet he yells real loud and flops, so somehow hes one of the lakers best defenders according to them.

I just don't get it, he's a nice SG, can knock down the shot for you, but ive never been impressed with him or his fake hustle.

Vujacic is like the shooting guard version of Anderson Varejao. Right down to the weird long hair, flopping, and only truly excelling at one aspect of the game. (Varejao hustles for boards, Vujacic shoots)

Vujacic is also a decent ball-handler, passer, and is a good pressure defender (although he is not a great overall defender). 

BTW, anyone who really has a problem with flopping needs to take a look at Powe who has become a premier flopper.  Flopping is part of the game, and it is effective.  I wish it wasn't, but because it is, I find it hard to blame players from taking advantage of it.

He's a very good on-the-ball defender. His problem is that he moves his arms too much, instead of relying almost entirely on his feet, he risks too much for my taste.

I agree, he's a good player, who gives the effort every night and he's not soft at all.

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 11:31:53 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
good, i dont want that guy to ever wear green.  he is a disgrace to the color ;)

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008, 11:56:44 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I know I am in the majority here, but Vujacic is the type of competitor that I would take on the Celtics any time.  It must kill him to be surrounded with so many soft guys, who seem to not really care.  Really, he and Kobe are the only guys on the Lakers who consistently play with heart.

It just seems so fake with sasha though, just like his defense. He's a average defender at best, yet he yells real loud and flops, so somehow hes one of the lakers best defenders according to them.

I just don't get it, he's a nice SG, can knock down the shot for you, but ive never been impressed with him or his fake hustle.

Vujacic is like the shooting guard version of Anderson Varejao. Right down to the weird long hair, flopping, and only truly excelling at one aspect of the game. (Varejao hustles for boards, Vujacic shoots)

Vujacic is also a decent ball-handler, passer, and is a good pressure defender (although he is not a great overall defender). 

BTW, anyone who really has a problem with flopping needs to take a look at Powe who has become a premier flopper.  Flopping is part of the game, and it is effective.  I wish it wasn't, but because it is, I find it hard to blame players from taking advantage of it.

He's a very good on-the-ball defender.

except in meangiful games, where he cant stay in front of a gaurd not known for driving and goes to cry on the bench during a huge defensive lapse by his team (and not just on the last play, ray toasted him 4-5 times in the second half off the dribble), and quits on his team, failing to even try to negotiate screens set for said shooting gaurd in a blowout deciding game to the point that a national commentator calls him out as a fake defender.

Other than that though, good on the ball defender.

He's an average on the ball defender at best.  He's also suspect on screen pursit. He is however a pretty good help defender, and his constant arm movements at least help him tip incoming passes once in awhile while denying his man the ball, and he's active, which means he can get on the floor for alot of loose balls.

Overall, if he wasen't a laker, he'd be an ok bench player with me.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:11:34 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 12:55:21 PM »

Offline mikeford

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18

`91

You?

Congrats!  Someone gave the college about a bazillion dollars a couple of years after I graduated and they also did really well with a bunch of real estate.  I don't even know where the school is anymore.  My dorm room and most of my classrooms are now luxury condos. 

Just across the Common, my good man. Corner of Boylston/Tremont.