Author Topic: Vujacic won't even wear green?!  (Read 11746 times)

Re: Vujacic won't even wear green?!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 02:10:35 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
It's almost comical how in his head the Celtics are. My ultimate Christmas gift would be for a rematch of last year's finals. My guess is that he plays with zero composure, has more fouls than points and gets the quick hook from Phil

... and on the way to the end of the bench he will pout and stamp his foot in frustration.

;D
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 02:18:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I know I am in the majority here, but Vujacic is the type of competitor that I would take on the Celtics any time.  It must kill him to be surrounded with so many soft guys, who seem to not really care.  Really, he and Kobe are the only guys on the Lakers who consistently play with heart.

It just seems so fake with sasha though, just like his defense. He's a average defender at best, yet he yells real loud and flops, so somehow hes one of the lakers best defenders according to them.

I just don't get it, he's a nice SG, can knock down the shot for you, but ive never been impressed with him or his fake hustle.

Vujacic is like the shooting guard version of Anderson Varejao. Right down to the weird long hair, flopping, and only truly excelling at one aspect of the game. (Varejao hustles for boards, Vujacic shoots)

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 02:33:21 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Has there ever been a team more obsessed with another in the history of the league than these Lakers are with the Celtics?  I've heard of players checking box scores to see how other players/teams are doing, but for an entire team to be huddling at a t.v. before one of their own games, not only to watch the Celtics, but to openly be rooting against them, and visibly upset when the Celtics win??  That screams of insecurity.  And it's not just the players.  It seems like every team they play, the reporters want to ask the opposing players if they think the Lakers are better than the Celtics.

It's pretty sad and makes me worry less and less about their team.

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 03:01:51 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I know I am in the majority here, but Vujacic is the type of competitor that I would take on the Celtics any time.  It must kill him to be surrounded with so many soft guys, who seem to not really care.  Really, he and Kobe are the only guys on the Lakers who consistently play with heart.

It just seems so fake with sasha though, just like his defense. He's a average defender at best, yet he yells real loud and flops, so somehow hes one of the lakers best defenders according to them.

I just don't get it, he's a nice SG, can knock down the shot for you, but ive never been impressed with him or his fake hustle.

Vujacic is like the shooting guard version of Anderson Varejao. Right down to the weird long hair, flopping, and only truly excelling at one aspect of the game. (Varejao hustles for boards, Vujacic shoots)

Vujacic is also a decent ball-handler, passer, and is a good pressure defender (although he is not a great overall defender). 

BTW, anyone who really has a problem with flopping needs to take a look at Powe who has become a premier flopper.  Flopping is part of the game, and it is effective.  I wish it wasn't, but because it is, I find it hard to blame players from taking advantage of it.

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 03:03:18 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

Wow, you should've kept that one to yourself..I dont care what kind of competitor he is or how much heart he has, he's the softest player the lakers have, a total sissy, and it gave me great pleasure to see james posey foul him after every whistle in the finals
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Has there ever been a team more obsessed with another in the history of the league than these Lakers are with the Celtics?  I've heard of players checking box scores to see how other players/teams are doing, but for an entire team to be huddling at a t.v. before one of their own games, not only to watch the Celtics, but to openly be rooting against them, and visibly upset when the Celtics win??  That screams of insecurity.  And it's not just the players.  It seems like every team they play, the reporters want to ask the opposing players if they think the Lakers are better than the Celtics.

It's pretty sad and makes me worry less and less about their team.

I know, its hilarious isnt it? my god the lakers are pathetic!
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 03:15:11 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Normally to get this far into someone's head would take a powerdrill and some vaseline...

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2008, 03:29:24 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Great find! Real men wear green!
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2008, 03:39:20 PM »

Offline professorperkins

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 10
"Chicks dig the offensive rebound." - Max

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 03:59:12 PM »

Offline mikeford

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18
I refuse to wear purple and gold... It has nothing to do with the Lakers I just think it's a lame ass color scheme.

As a graduate of James Madison University, I'm sorry to hear that.  :-[
As a graduate of Emerson College, ditto

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 04:16:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'd take Varajao in a heartbeat. He competes every night.

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 04:25:02 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
I think it's great vujacic has taken this stand, adds another level of rivalry between these present teams. Guys still a whiny jerk but we all knew that!

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 04:29:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I refuse to wear purple and gold... It has nothing to do with the Lakers I just think it's a lame ass color scheme.

Fellow Emerson alum!  GO LIONS! 

But still, my purple wearin' days are long past.
Yup

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 04:34:57 PM »

Offline mikeford

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18

Fellow Emerson alum!  GO LIONS! 

But still, my purple wearin' days are long past.

I don't mean to date you, but what class were ya?

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 04:36:02 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Vujuacic and his purple headband, need I say more???
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!