Author Topic: Our Rookies.  (Read 2958 times)

Our Rookies.
« on: December 07, 2008, 06:14:15 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i'm really excited about our rookies this year, and Im liking that i can watch these guys improve in the d-league.

Re: Our Rookies.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 07:14:39 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
 From the boxscores i have seen it looks like Giddens needs to learn how to get to the line. His freethrow percentage is horrible when he gets there too. That's what can keep him from getting PT. His bad free throw shooting could make him want to avoid the line and lead to soft play.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 07:20:35 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
76% from the line is not that bad.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 07:34:03 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
he said coming out of the draft that that was one part of his game he's looking to improve.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 07:38:01 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Wow. The Flash has some nice looking jerseys.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
it is hard to say too much since it is the developmental league. but given that, at least they dont stink it up down there and they seem to be better than a lot of the other players.

who knows how good they will be? hopefully they will turn into rotation players ala tony allen. that would be fine with me.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 09:00:35 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
the only reason giddens was in college for so long was becuase of his off the court problems, not his lack of ability. i think giddens has the potential to be a starter some day. and walker probably could have been if he entered the draft out of high school.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 09:03:27 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
the only reason giddens was in college for so long was becuase of his off the court problems, not his lack of ability. i think giddens has the potential to be a starter some day. and walker probably could have been if he entered the draft out of high school.

To be fair, a lot of his supposed "off court" stuff was actually immaturity on the court. 

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 09:07:46 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald

To be fair, a lot of his supposed "off court" stuff was actually immaturity on the court.

well it was not giving 100% every practice, not stepping up as a leader on the team, the stabbing incident. i'd say that those were character flaws, not lack of talent. I'm just saying he didn't play 4 years cause he sucked.

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 11:08:54 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

well it was not giving 100% every practice, not stepping up as a leader on the team, the stabbing incident. i'd say that those were character flaws, not lack of talent. I'm just saying he didn't play 4 years cause he sucked.

I know, I just wanted to point this out, because a lot people try to write off his issues as all "off the court" stuff that had nothing to do with basketball, when (other than the stabbing incident) they had everything to do with basketball.  This guy had a major attitude problem at times in college.  He has hopefully matured and gotten over that, but this was not some kid who just did stupid things in his spare time.

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
nbdl basketball = watching paint dry
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 11:34:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
nbdl basketball = watching paint dry

ugly paint

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner