Author Topic: Big Baby incident thread ( merged)  (Read 20670 times)

Big Baby incident thread ( merged)
« on: December 05, 2008, 11:40:09 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
What kind of pro cries during a game? Embarrassingly throwing a towel onto the sidelines after rebelling against doing something that even guys in street clothes do which is huddle around the team for the sake of UNITY. Sometimes the guy really disappoints me. He isn't all that talented. Just a jump shooting loving small forward who's too fat to play the position so he plays PF-C instead.

Re: Big Baby incident thread ( merged)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 11:52:44 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
that was strange - something has got to be going on with the guy. i understand upset ...... but to the point of tears tells me there's more here than just frustration from one bad game.

poor Baby - i can't remember the last time i saw him stick back a layup in traffic.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 11:54:03 PM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
You got to suspect that KG personally insulted him.. Thats why he acted like that. I don't think he is a very good player but I won't pick on him for this. It's okay in my book..

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 11:59:38 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
"Hey Big Baby...it's okay.  Don't you worry about what these guys think about those tears."

Yours Truly,

Kordell Stewart
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 12:00:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Well don't forget davis is still a kid. He was born in what 1985/86?? if he has any excuse

and plus u never know what kg might have said to him. Maybe like i won't buy you a hamburger after the game today and he freaked out

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 12:04:31 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
You got to suspect that KG personally insulted him.. Thats why he acted like that. I don't think he is a very good player but I won't pick on him for this. It's okay in my book..

Man, I hope that's not what happened. Whatever the case, we weren't there, so I'm not a huge fan of making assumptions like that. I will say that was an odd reaction from a pro basketball player and an adult. Yes, that's right, he is an adult.

I hate to say this (and I'm not blaming him), but regardless of what KG said, Davis' behavior was unacceptable, and I'm sure Doc will let him know that.

What kind of pro cries during a game? Embarrassingly throwing a towel onto the sidelines after rebelling against doing something that even guys in street clothes do which is huddle around the team for the sake of UNITY. Sometimes the guy really disappoints me. He isn't all that talented. Just a jump shooting loving small forward who's too fat to play the position so he plays PF-C instead.

Let's not get carried away with ourselves.

But seriously, jump shooting loving?  ::)

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 12:07:08 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
On a positive note, at least it's good to see that basketball is so much a passion to Davis that and bad game can bring out all that emotion.

And that's all it was; a bad game. Everyone has them. I've been happy with Glen this year aswell, he's played good defense and knocked down some great mid-range jumpers.

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 12:08:07 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

I can't suspect anything. Because it has not been disclosed what exactly had been said.

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 12:08:32 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
When did this happen?  I was at the game, and didn't see it, but am watching it on TIVO now.

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 12:13:08 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

I can't suspect anything. Because it has not been disclosed what exactly had been said

Well if we assume that BBD is not insane I think it's perfectly rational to suspect something bad about his play, no? That's the kind of insult I imagined. By "personal" I meant that KG must have singled him out in some way..

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 12:17:04 AM »

Offline LD42

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7w5Vc6aJsk

There u have it...Daamn baby baby

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 12:35:39 AM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
Of course I have no idea what was actually said.  But from that clip, it doesn't look like KG was laying into Baby personally.  KG wasn't even looking at him, and in fact seemed to be addressing the whole second unit.  The only thing that he visibly did directly to Davis was physically pull him into the huddle, which Davis didn't seem to want to be a part of.

::shrugs::  until more details come available, I don't know how we can make any assumptions at all about what was said.

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 12:37:16 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
On a positive note, at least it's good to see that basketball is so much a passion to Davis that and bad game can bring out all that emotion.

And that's all it was; a bad game. Everyone has them. I've been happy with Glen this year aswell, he's played good defense and knocked down some great mid-range jumpers.

your positivity gets you a tommy point!

although the worst part is that his name IS big baby, so this clip is going to be on ESPN for a while.

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I can't suspect anything. Because it has not been disclosed what exactly had been said

Well if we assume that BBD is not insane I think it's perfectly rational to suspect something bad about his play, no? That's the kind of insult I imagined. By "personal" I meant that KG must have singled him out in some way..

It certainly looks like KG pulled him and said something, but it looked like Davis was already upset before that.  I think he was p---ed off that he was the one getting pulled, when he definitely was not solely responsible for the run.  Basically the entire bench played terrible for that stretch, and I can't say that Davis was any worse than the rest of them.

The problem is, Davis plays with a ton of emotion, just like KG, and he always on  the edge.  I have no problem with this, nor do I feel bad for him.  This was a frustrated player, who just had a very frustrating stint on the floor.  

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 12:39:58 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
That face says a lot.

TP to LD42 for coming through with the video, right quick too. (You also ought to throw that up on the Fan Shots.)

While watching the game, I didn't notice Sam and Tony living it up, knuckleheads.