Author Topic: Thoughts on the eBay Feedback System?  (Read 2531 times)

Thoughts on the eBay Feedback System?
« on: February 18, 2010, 09:09:20 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
morning, all. my company does a lot of selling with ebay. we have a meeting today with some eBay reps and they are looking for our comments on the feedback system, changes that could be made, thoughts on the changes they have made in the last year or so. Any Celtic bloggers have any thoughts on the eBay feedback system? I have some ideas of my own, but was wondering if there are any eBay people out there who have some opinions. Also, I am looking for all thoughts but specifically, comments from a seller. not buyer perspective.

Thank you for any help!
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

Re: Thoughts on the eBay Feedback System?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 11:32:52 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
It's one of the most convoluted systems out there if you're a seller - no rating recourse for a sub-par but not negative buyer.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 12:45:24 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Yup bring back the old system where the "seller" can actually give feedback as well. Not fair how it is now.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 12:48:28 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I used to have an ebay store (selling CDs & records from my physical store, and doing "drop off" commissioned sales for customers.

I don't use ebay much at all any more. 

The current feedback system was aimed at removing retaliatory negative feedback and not lumping buyer & seller feedback into one category.  I guess it succeeded at that, but it's still an imperfect system.  I liked the old system, but the retaliatory feedback was really annoying (on both ends).  I guess sellers are now handcuffed on that end. 

I like the five star system for various attributes of seller service.  I'm not sure why that can't be carried into your main feedback somehow. 

I sell a lot of stuff on Amazon still.  I like their system better (5 star), however, their rate of customers who actually take the time to leave feedback is much lower than eBay.  Maybe 1 out of 10 take the time to leave feedback on Amazon.

eBay definitely makes leaving feedback a more prominent part of the process.  I guess they're afraid of overhauling the system entirely since so many sellers have 10+ years worth of feedback racked up.

Let us know what they ask.
Yup