Author Topic: Celtics (40-26) at Lakers (30-35) Game #67 3/9/19  (Read 26148 times)

Re: Celtics (40-26) at Lakers (30-35) Game #67 3/9/19
« Reply #405 on: March 10, 2019, 12:08:08 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Happy with the win but Jaylen's minutes concern me-only 20 minutes a game? Come on Brad I know you despise him but this is ridiculous.

Yeah but the issue is Jaylen doesn't make the most of his opportunities. He shows you flashes of brilliance but his game still lacks poise and fluidity

True.
I certainly don't think he has been very underwhelming, he's been performing very well recently with the exception of this game. Brad just refuses to play him significant minutes, nor does he ever start Jaylen.

I wouldn't mind seeing Stevens start Brown to be honest. I'd like to see how he does as a starter since being moved to the bench. Plus, going forward (at least contractually) Brown is still a part of the team whereas Morris is a FA.

All I can think of is Brad doesn't want to tick off Morris or he just prefers Morris starting and Brown off the bench.

« Reply #406 on: March 10, 2019, 12:13:23 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Only a half game behind Philly now for the 4th seed.

« Reply #407 on: March 10, 2019, 12:25:29 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Happy with the win but Jaylen's minutes concern me-only 20 minutes a game? Come on Brad I know you despise him but this is ridiculous.

Yeah but the issue is Jaylen doesn't make the most of his opportunities. He shows you flashes of brilliance but his game still lacks poise and fluidity

True.
I certainly don't think he has been very underwhelming, he's been performing very well recently with the exception of this game. Brad just refuses to play him significant minutes, nor does he ever start Jaylen.

I wouldn't mind seeing Stevens start Brown to be honest. I'd like to see how he does as a starter since being moved to the bench. Plus, going forward (at least contractually) Brown is still a part of the team whereas Morris is a FA.

All I can think of is Brad doesn't want to tick off Morris or he just prefers Morris starting and Brown off the bench.
Brown's minutes are awfully low too-he's just hitting 20 rn.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #408 on: March 10, 2019, 01:42:27 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Big factor in Brown's inconsistency is inconsistent minutes. Seems to me he was poised and fluid last season.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #409 on: March 10, 2019, 03:03:50 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
KYRIE FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MOMMA

TEHRE GOES THAT MAN! ;D ;D ;D

Kyrie plays great - rest of the team is mediocre to bad.
Ball popped vs Kings, tonite we are back to a dribble-driven offense. There is a price for that.

I know, I know - nobody sees the connection and I hate Kyrie.

« Reply #410 on: March 10, 2019, 03:53:45 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

MOMMA

Ball popped vs Kings, tonite we are back to a dribble-driven offense. There is a price for that.

Chauncey Billups broke it down with film before the game..... he agrees with you.

« Reply #411 on: March 10, 2019, 04:03:22 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The tv talking heads now speculating about what LeBum and Kyrie said to each other with towels over their mouths “so you coming to LA next year”  ::) ::) ::)

I might be the only one, but it bothers me when I see Kyrie fraternizing with Lebron like that, and it's been happening alot (back to when Kyrie felt the need to call Lebron and "apologize")

I'll continue to root for Kyrie and am a big fan of his and his ability, but in my opinion, that's just a REALLY bad look.

Could you imagine Larry Bird blowing in Magic's ear after a Celtics/Lakers game?? Not a chance in hell.

Kyrie talks about how he doesn't want the media dissecting him, yet he's shooting the breeze with the Lebron with both guys covering their mouth.

Bad look!!

Here it is.

Lol...hmmmmm

See anything in common?

Yes... LeBron is joining the Celtics!!!!

« Reply #412 on: March 10, 2019, 04:21:38 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

I might be the only one, but it bothers me when I see Kyrie fraternizing with Lebron like that, and it's been happening alot (back to when Kyrie felt the need to call Lebron and "apologize")

I'll continue to root for Kyrie and am a big fan of his and his ability, but in my opinion, that's just a REALLY bad look.

Could you imagine Larry Bird blowing in Magic's ear after a Celtics/Lakers game?? Not a chance in hell.

Kyrie talks about how he doesn't want the media dissecting him, yet he's shooting the breeze with the Lebron with both guys covering their mouth.

Bad look!!

I could image Magic and isiah Thomas kissing before a game.  Because they did. 

This generation of players acknowledges comradeship more than previous generations, but friendships among rivals has always existed. If they are pals during the game, I’d be concerned.

« Reply #413 on: March 10, 2019, 05:50:12 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
The tv talking heads now speculating about what LeBum and Kyrie said to each other with towels over their mouths “so you coming to LA next year”  ::) ::) ::)

Kyrie talks about how he doesn't want the media dissecting him, yet he's shooting the breeze with the Lebron with both guys covering your mouth.

Bad look!!

They played together for multiple years and won a championship together. Magic and Bird did not.

It's not the 80's anymore. Players have off court relationships. Get over it.
This.
I don't need watch uncontrollable hate to feel good and to validate players dedication to the game by throwing fists.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #414 on: March 10, 2019, 06:56:02 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas

Kyrie talks about how he doesn't want the media dissecting him, yet he's shooting the breeze with the Lebron with both guys covering your mouth.

Bad look!!

They played together for multiple years and won a championship together. Magic and Bird did not.

It's not the 80's anymore. Players have off court relationships. Get over it.
This.
I don't need watch uncontrollable hate to feel good and to validate players dedication to the game by throwing fists.

Now, you are going from one extreme to another.

« Reply #415 on: March 10, 2019, 07:55:18 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up

MOMMA

Kyrie doesnt play vs kings and the ball pops and everyone was able to take 15 shots and we barely win on a last second Hayward shot.
Kyrie plays amazing and is extremely efficient and we win by 13, I'll take that 7 days a week
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #416 on: March 10, 2019, 08:07:59 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yes... LeBron is joining the Celtics!!!!

I hope the heck not, he is the anti-Celtic in many ways.

« Reply #417 on: March 10, 2019, 08:35:45 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

« Reply #418 on: March 10, 2019, 09:35:33 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Unable to watch - but am watching some highlights. Does Gordon look even more athletic today, or is it just me? Looked stronger and more assertive.

« Reply #419 on: March 10, 2019, 09:54:33 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

MOMMA

Kyrie doesnt play vs kings and the ball pops and everyone was able to take 15 shots and we barely win on a last second Hayward shot.
Kyrie plays amazing and is extremely efficient and we win by 13, I'll take that 7 days a week

And it's not like the rest of the team was 'mediocre to bad' - only Jaylen and Jayson. Guys like Smart and Hayward were great! Others were efficient and productive. Kyrie only took 18 shots and had 30 (only 1 free throw so even more impressive on the 'points to shots' ratio).

I personally think the game should have been more of a blow-out, but they always managed to push lead back up to double-digits after taking their foot off the gas. We really were always in control of this one and Kyrie was a big part of it.