Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Pacers (0-2) Round 1 Game 3 4/19/19  (Read 40927 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Pacers (0-2) Round 1 Game 3 4/19/19
« Reply #630 on: April 19, 2019, 11:07:12 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Yeesh, this place is ridiculous. We just won a road playoff game, and people are already being negative. Can't we just enjoy tonight?

Well, that's what happens when LarBrd33 posts something here. It's ridiculous at this point...

And sorry in advance if that sounds like I'm "attacking" someone here, but I mean we ALL see it.

that is why i IGNORE that troll
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #631 on: April 19, 2019, 11:07:29 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Bruins lost, so season on the line Sunday for them...  :'(

How do they explode for 6 goals on the road in Game 4 and then can't even score at home tonite ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #632 on: April 19, 2019, 11:07:32 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Yeesh, this place is ridiculous. We just won a road playoff game, and people are already being negative. Can't we just enjoy tonight?

I have said all season I was not worried and still am not worried. We are one of two teams who have yet to lose in the playoffs. Lets put them away on Sunday and get ready for a superstar battle.

Not sure how anyone could be negative right now after winning on the road and they are not the only team with an important missing piece.

This was a great win despite episodes of  W T F! We were resilient and turned it up when we needed to. We look completely different so far and it is not like we are facing the Pistons or Nets either.

« Reply #633 on: April 19, 2019, 11:07:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Glad the Celts hung on. Great game by Jaylen. Just some thoughts.

After scoring 41 pts in the 1st quarter, we lost our offensive rhythm right up until the final 3 minutes or so when Horford made those two clutch shots.

The Celts can't afford to have offensive lapses like that against better teams.

They were outscored 33-18 by Indiana in the 2nd quarter. Also, they HAVE to improve their free throw shooting.

I am kinda surprised we are out rebounding them considering they have some size with Turner, Sabonis and Young.

Great win. Despite the clutch tip-in by Hayward towards the end of the game, he needs to improve and contribute more.

Go for the sweep on Sunday. The earlier you can put a team away, the better!! Then rest up, because Milwaukee is going to be a handful.

« Reply #634 on: April 19, 2019, 11:08:03 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
We're going to need to play a lot better if we're going to win any games against non-creampuff opponents.  Indiana is terrible.

The Bucks are sitting at home licking their chops right now as they're watching this game.

While we certainly haven't been perfect and have some things to clean up, these are shortsighted comments and not respectful enough of Indy. They're clearly lacking offensively sans Dipo, but they're as good as it gets defensively, and in the playoffs that's enough to keep games close (see Boston Celtics the last several years prior to 2018).

Hell, we're very likely going to sweep Indy at this point, which is not at all easy. Hell, look at Cleveland's championship year. They swept Detroit in the first round that year, and that series was very similar to this one with three really close games and only one that wasn't that close. And that Detroit team was no better than this Indy team.

TP totally agree. What they’re lacking in talent Indy make up for in grit and heart. Unfortunately In tight games like these you need people you can give the ball to to make things happen at the end. We have those and they don’t.

And we’re also starting develop a bit of our heart...Indy put us under the gun the last couple of games and we responded when during the regular season we would have folded.

Obviously we need to play better to make a deep run but we’re getting there.

Also, this is not even considering the context of matchups. Traditionally, we haven't matched up all that well with Indy; whereas, we actually have a pretty good matchup with Milwaukee. And that's largely because we have multiple guys that we can throw at Giannis to make things difficult for him, which many other teams don't have. Al in particular did a hell of a job making things difficult for him last year, primarily because he understood his weaknesses and played him with space to neutralize his drives and force more jumpshots.

I expect a similar strategy this year, though both Giannis and his supporting cast have got a lot better since last year (as have we).

« Reply #635 on: April 19, 2019, 11:08:19 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
FT's still a problem for JB, but he had a great game.

Every time the Pacers were threatening to go on a run, JB had an answer.

« Reply #636 on: April 19, 2019, 11:08:41 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Celts only had 13 turnovers and the 3 came from Rozier.

To be fair, Rozier is typically a very low TO guy and has been throughout his career - especially for somebody who is a primary ball-handler. He wasn't great tonight, but he came out and hit his first two 3s and got fouled on another where he hit all three FTs.

I won't be heartbroken to see Rozier go, but when he's on, he adds an element that useful to this team.

« Reply #637 on: April 19, 2019, 11:08:56 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
We're going to need to play a lot better if we're going to win any games against non-creampuff opponents.  Indiana is terrible.

The Bucks are sitting at home licking their chops right now as they're watching this game.

While we certainly haven't been perfect and have some things to clean up, these are shortsighted comments and not respectful enough of Indy. They're clearly lacking offensively sans Dipo, but they're as good as it gets defensively, and in the playoffs that's enough to keep games close (see Boston Celtics the last several years prior to 2018).

Hell, we're very likely going to sweep Indy at this point, which is not at all easy. Hell, look at Cleveland's championship year. They swept Detroit in the first round that year, and that series was very similar to this one with three really close games and only one that wasn't that close. And that Detroit team was no better than this Indy team.

TP totally agree. What they’re lacking in talent Indy make up for in grit and heart. Unfortunately In tight games like these you need people you can give the ball to to make things happen at the end. We have those and they don’t.

They were 16-19 (now 16-22) without Dipo.  They're a turd team that should be swept easily.

Ok, Lar, whatever you say. The fact that you think any sweep can be "easy" kind of speaks for itself.

« Reply #638 on: April 19, 2019, 11:09:06 PM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Looks like the Celtics are the only ones leading a series 3-0 right now.

OKC is giving Portland a helluva fight tonight.

Don't count out OKC. They have played from behind a lot this season and RW bails them out time and time again. He hates to lose!

« Reply #639 on: April 19, 2019, 11:11:08 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Celts only had 13 turnovers and the 3 came from Rozier.

To be fair, Rozier is typically a very low TO guy and has been throughout his career - especially for somebody who is a primary ball-handler. He wasn't great tonight, but he came out and hit his first two 3s and got fouled on another where he hit all three FTs.

I won't be heartbroken to see Rozier go, but when he's on, he adds an element that useful to this team.

Agree.

Rozier played well in the 1st half.

« Reply #640 on: April 19, 2019, 11:11:20 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
ok brad done at podium

mcmillan up next
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #641 on: April 19, 2019, 11:11:36 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Indiana is a garbage team.  They are 16-22 without Oladipo.  I've been saying I fully expect us to sweep them since we fell down 10 points in game 1.   They aren't good.  This should be a cake walk.

What’s actually negative is the tired Kyrie criticism after every single game LOL

Either

Oh no he’s dribbling too much or Oh no he’s passing too much

« Reply #642 on: April 19, 2019, 11:11:54 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980

Agree.  Indy looks well coached, they're tough, and they play hard.  They clearly just don't have enough offensive firepower, and there's nothing they can do to avoid big droughts against a good defensive team like the C's.

We also have something that shouldn’t be underestimated - players who excel in end-of-game situations when the pressure is highest. Kyrie is elite, Al’s got ice water in his veins. I have a feeling that Gordon and Jayson aren’t far behind. This is definitely what separates us from a team like Philly. We’ll see about Milwaukee.

Yup I'm not worried about Philly, we smash them in 5 games.  Maybe it takes 6.  Sweep if Embiid is hobbled.  We have the experience and depth to make short work of them.

The Bucks on the other hand are clearly very formidable.  Wish we had home court advantage.

« Reply #643 on: April 19, 2019, 11:14:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Well, that's what happens when LarBrd33 posts something here. It's ridiculous at this point...

And sorry in advance if that sounds like I'm "attacking" someone here, but I mean we ALL see it.
I have no idea who you are, but it's not negative.  Indiana is a garbage team.  They are 16-22 without Oladipo.  I've been saying I fully expect us to sweep them since we fell down 10 points in game 1.   They aren't good.  This should be a cake walk.

So explain to me how this Pacers team without Oladipo still made the playoffs and remained a 4 seed for much of the season? Also their defense is really good (and it's showed this series). And if we apply your same logic, how do we know MIL is playoff proven if they're playing a "garbage" Pistons team without Griffin probably for the whole series.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #644 on: April 19, 2019, 11:14:54 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

If you came here just after the game, you'd think we'd lost.

WE WON AND AGIANST A VERY GOOD TEAM!!!!!!!!

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!