Author Topic: Lebron to Lakers  (Read 15468 times)

Re: Lebron to Lakers
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2018, 08:48:00 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
LeBron James vs Kyrie Irving NBA Finals. That'll be the end game.

Sucks though how Boston spent years rebuilding their team while the Lakers just suddenly became an instant contender by adding one free agent player to their team after years of sufferage and mediocrity.

Contender, yes, but let's wait and see what else the Lakers do. Right now, they have no shot at getting past GS or Houston in the playoffs.

I feel the same way. Let's wait a bit before reaching conclusions.

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2018, 08:49:30 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 231
looks like Isaiah Thomas won't be brought back lol

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2018, 08:52:59 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 675
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Philly is the biggest loser other than Cleveland this offseason. Lost 2 shooters off the bench, missed out on James, not getting Leonard

Watches boston get their guys back

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2018, 08:53:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715

Phili should seriously consider IT. He would be much, much better than any point guard they've had in a while.

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2018, 08:54:54 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 231

Phili should seriously consider IT. He would be much, much better than any point guard they've had in a while.

Absolutely. I'd actually be a bit worried if that happened. Imagine how motivated IT4 would be in a series against Boston..

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2018, 08:55:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
too premature to count the Lakers out of the finals due thinking they can't get by GSW or Houston. 

Bron took a craptastic Cavs team to the finals.  Houston or GSW could have a key injury the improves the chances they lose to the Lakers in the finals.  Also, don't forget the league (and officials) still love Lebron -- biggest media draw in the league.  Not stating there will be an outright conspiracy to have Bron take a 3rd franchise to the finals, much less the 2nd-most winningest franchise in terms of titles, but don't be surprised when he gets the continued love from the officials next year in the playoffs.

this won't be the last big move by the Lakers this summer.  got to figure Kawhi's arrival in LA is just a matter of time now.  SA may be able to clean them out of any decent young player besides Ball  but LA will still be in the mix for a title with just Bron and Kawhi on the same team.

hate the idea the Lakers are back into a top team without having suffered a long enough playoffs drought to suit my liking

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2018, 08:57:13 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The only annoying thing about this is them bandwagon LeBron fans will start to use the "we have 16 championships" diatribe towards everyone.

If they were insufferable now, wait 'till we see them after this.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2018, 08:57:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Absolutely. I'd actually be a bit worried if that happened. Imagine how motivated IT4 would be in a series against Boston..
motivation's fine.  wish him the best.  C's would still just have Kyrie, Smart and Rozier take him in the post on offense and abuse him just like every other team did when IT was here

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2018, 08:58:43 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2538

Sucks though how Boston spent years rebuilding their team while the Lakers just suddenly became an instant contender by adding one free agent player to their team after years of sufferage and mediocrity.

Lakers don’t ever have to suffer years of mediocrity. This time around they had a 4 year tank and a year of salary shedding once it was clear they’d land the king.  Big deal.  They always have a top player in every basketball generation.   

The FA season started great for Laker haters like me, but ends like it typically does. Lakers get their guy.

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2018, 08:58:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Contender, yes, but let's wait and see what else the Lakers do. Right now, they have no shot at getting past GS or Houston in the playoffs.

I feel the same way. Let's wait a bit before reaching conclusions.

LOL at your signature - TP ;D.

At this point I would anticipate that the Lakers will go after Avery Bradley :'( and Dwight Howard. Add in the fact that KCP has just re-upped for one year and you're potentially looking at a lineup of:

Center: Dwight Howard
Power Forward: Kyle Kuzma
Small Forward: Lebron James
Shooting Guard: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (don't Laker fans hate this guy, lol ;D?)
Point Guard: Avery Bradley

Sixth Man: Brandon Ingram

Uh oh :o.

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2018, 08:58:51 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
too premature to count the Lakers out of the finals due thinking they can't get by GSW or Houston. 

Bron took a craptastic Cavs team to the finals.  Houston or GSW could have a key injury the improves the chances they lose to the Lakers in the finals.  Also, don't forget the league (and officials) still love Lebron -- biggest media draw in the league.  Not stating there will be an outright conspiracy to have Bron take a 3rd franchise to the finals, much less the 2nd-most winningest franchise in terms of titles, but don't be surprised when he gets the continued love from the officials next year in the playoffs.

this won't be the last big move by the Lakers this summer.  got to figure Kawhi's arrival in LA is just a matter of time now.  SA may be able to clean them out of any decent young player besides Ball  but LA will still be in the mix for a title with just Bron and Kawhi on the same team.

hate the idea the Lakers are back into a top team without having suffered a long enough playoffs drought to suit my liking

Lebron's going to be 34 next season, in year 1 of a 4 year contract. I wouldn't start worrying about any new Lakers dynasties just yet.

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2018, 09:01:07 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
As I mentioned last year, who ever gets stuck with this LeBron James max deal is going to really regret it in 2 years.

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2018, 09:01:55 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I believe it is finally the moment that Father Time needs to win.

Nothing would make me happier then the Lakers getting the breaking down version of Lebron starting in October. 

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2018, 09:02:29 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3013
  • On To Banner 18!
So CLE has 110M in salary and are over the cap still. YIKES.

They should seriously look to trade Love and start a rebuild, otherwise even signing 1-2 players to exceptions will put them in the tax LOL.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2018, 09:02:30 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

I mean, barring injuries, which can happen to any team, I definitely don't think it's too early to say that. As constructed, they're probably not even at home court in the playoffs, let alone advancing to the Finals. Right now their starting lineup will be Ball, Ingram/KCP, James, Kuzma, and probably Lopez, who is rumored to come back now. That might even be a borderline playoff team in the West.

Now, of course I expect them to improve before the season starts, probably adding Kawhi at some point. But even then, depending on the trade itself, I don't see that Lakers team better than 3rd in the East, especially if Kawhi comes at the expense of Ingram and Kuzma.