Author Topic: What I would not mind  (Read 1746 times)

What I would not mind
« on: July 05, 2010, 01:47:52 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I think the route we should go is say listen Sheed don't retire. There is not another center out there as good as you and we could use you next season since Perk is out. Now we turn around get morrow for the full MLE. If the warriors match which I would hope and wouldn't think they would do because the dont have deep pockets. So after we sign morrow get Tony back for our defensive stopper. Of course re-sign ray as well. We could have ourselves a very nice ball club

Rondo/TA/Bradley
Ray/Morrow/Bradley
Pierce/Morrow/TA
KG/BBD/Luke
Sheed/BBD/Perk once he is back.

Of course sign a few vet guys but hey I think we would have a very good team with a strong bench who could take mins. From our vets in the season in which to make another push for a title.

Re: What I would not mind
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 02:19:26 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
With that roster, 3 unknowns

1) Is Avery a PG? Can he do an adequate Job in limited minutes? If he can't, it adds to the long list off problems.

2) How do you solve rebounding woes? Is bringing in youthful 7footer Semih Erden the solution? Cause Sheed & KG are allergic to rebounding at this point of their career.

3) Perk effectiveness coming off ACL/MCL/PCL surgery? Perk has little athleticism to start with. Now there is strong possibility, He might have lost all his lift & quickness.

This year's rookies (Avery/Semih) will be asked to do more than their predecessors. Are they up to the challenge?

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 02:22:21 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Well, in the above scenario I still think we need another big and someone better than Morrow at the wing. 

As for Perk, I think his lack of athleticism actually might be a good thing here.  He never had any lift, quickness, or mobility, so I'm not sure it's going to hurt him that much.  Whereas with KG, we saw how losing his freakish athleticism took him down a notch. 

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 02:27:52 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Well, in the above scenario I still think we need another big and someone better than Morrow at the wing. 
Right, Sheed would have to start with Perk out and that's not a good thing.  If anything I would want Sheed to "unretire" around March next year and join the team for the playoff push, much like PJ Brown in 2008.  I don't think his body will handle the punishment of another full regular season, especially if he has to start for the first half of it.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 02:37:28 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

As for Perk, I think his lack of athleticism actually might be a good thing here.  He never had any lift, quickness, or mobility, so I'm not sure it's going to hurt him that much.  Whereas with KG, we saw how losing his freakish athleticism took him down a notch. 

I actually love Morrow. He'd the perfect guy for the sets Celtics run. When Celtics go through those droughts, Doc can sub in Morrow 4 Rondo. Spread the floor, and have Pierce run the point. Spacing solved.

Celtics Summer League
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »

Offline hehateme22

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
i don't know if this has already been said but where can you watch the celtics game today.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 03:42:51 PM »

Offline Bill Skywalker

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
Nbatv is airing the game.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Bradley should start over Rondo

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 04:17:29 PM »

Offline Celtics Insider

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
With that roster, 3 unknowns

1) Is Avery a PG? Can he do an adequate Job in limited minutes? If he can't, it adds to the long list off problems.

2) How do you solve rebounding woes? Is bringing in youthful 7footer Semih Erden the solution? Cause Sheed & KG are allergic to rebounding at this point of their career.

3) Perk effectiveness coming off ACL/MCL/PCL surgery? Perk has little athleticism to start with. Now there is strong possibility, He might have lost all his lift & quickness.

This year's rookies (Avery/Semih) will be asked to do more than their predecessors. Are they up to the challenge?
1. No, he is just an undersized SG, who is being forced to learn PG. HORRIBLE move by the Celtics, wasting all of his potential.

2. We're screwed there.

3. From experience, I can tell you that after the 6 months, you become MORE athletic than you were before.
http://celticsinsider.freehostingcloud.com/
Celtics Insider - Your #1 Source For Anything And Everything Boston Celtics And NBA!

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 04:36:05 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Right, Sheed would have to start with Perk out and that's not a good thing.  If anything I would want Sheed to "unretire" around March next year and join the team for the playoff push, much like PJ Brown in 2008.  I don't think his body will handle the punishment of another full regular season, especially if he has to start for the first half of it.

Ditto.
At this point, I doubt Sheed's willingness to commit himself to being physically in shape... And while I appreciate his effort in Game 7, you can't help but wonder about how him "playing himself into shape" during the season affected his back/muscle cramps in the end.

With that I say, thank you for your service Sheed. But allow us to use your contract to get some value in return.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman