Author Topic: Summer League Broadband?  (Read 6114 times)

Re: Summer League Broadband?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 02:57:35 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Lat year NBA Summer League was free.
But the camera angle was the worst and the commentators were also bad.

This year the camera angle is pretty good and there's good commentating from your espn/nba guys.

So i paid 15 bucks.

The commenting is from the NBA TV guys.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 03:09:53 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Just called Comast and, for $7.95/month plus $2 to turn it on, ordered the Sports Entertainment package.....I figured if I cancel after a week, it'll cost me $4 to watch the whole week

Great to be retired....just watched the end of Utah?Charlotte game....Hayward looked good....also James Augustine formerly of Illinois....really bulked up   

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 04:11:11 PM »

Offline wasi

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
On NBA.com you can watch all of the summer league games for $14.95, is that worth it?

I know I would pay if Bradley was playing but I don't think we'll be seeing anyone except for harangody make the team. I guess I'll probably just do it cause I need more basketball haha.

Have any of you guys bought it before? I was just wondering about the quality.

Hey Wasi, NBAtv has all the games for free if you have access.

http://www.nba.com/news/features/2010.summer.league.schedule/index.html

Unfortunately I don't have nbatv but that's good to know cause I'll be getting it in a few months.

I'm excited to see Erden play as well, I think he'll be much better in the NBA. Never an all star but I think he'll be solid.

Welcome to Celticsblog, Wasi, and here is your first TP. Lot of good people on here with diverse opinions, but all with the common bond of Celtic fandom. Read a lot and post a little or a lot and you'll be pleasantly entertained.

I too am looking forward to Erden, Art P. and the third big (Russian)banging each other and trying to make the squad. Maybe we'll get lucky. I'm especially looking forward to Ryan Wittman (Randy Wittman's son and a Cornell grad)who has incredible range and amazing release on his shot. I think he has a chance to make it.

Thanks csfan, I've been reading here for a while but never got around to signing up till now.

I completely forgot about Ryan Wittman, his stroke is a thing of beauty. I think he could potentially surprise a lot of people and make the team. I don't know much about the other guys but I'll pay $15 to find out I guess.

Enjoy the game everyone!

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »

Offline tjlamro

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
There is a link here to watch all the summer league games. http://www.celtics247.com/2010/07/05/watch-summer-league-games-live-here/ Enjoy!

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 05:28:41 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
also @

http://www.****/watch-nba-summer-league.html

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 05:51:41 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It's free on my cable system/package (Comcast) I'm watching it now!  Luke looks god out there and Ollie Lafayette sunk a nice jmup shot.  Good scrambling on defense.

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 06:03:49 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
Boston is killing OKC!
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 06:06:11 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
How are the Celtics winning? OKC has 3 rotation players on that playoffs team. And I think 4-5 1st round picks on their roster.

Score 27-14 Celtics up. Lafayette impressed so far. Running the point to perfection.

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 06:10:34 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Erdin looks very mobile. Harangody can bang and shoot. Carroll can really shoot too. Layafette looks good.

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 06:19:29 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Erdin looks very mobile. Harangody can bang and shoot. Carroll can really shoot too. Layafette looks good.
I like that Erden has already been called for a moving screen, he will fit right in with the rest of our bigs.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 06:20:41 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
Layafette is playing great!

That steal killed it!
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 06:23:58 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Ainge might have found a diamond in the rough, Lafayette looks great. Erden looks solid too.

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 06:31:33 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
If I'm not mistaken, Jaycee Carroll led the NCAA in assists a couple of years ago and had a cup of coffee with the Knicks

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 06:35:45 PM »

Offline wasi

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Lafayette looks very comfortable in there and he's just doing everything well. Harangody has a much better shot than I expected but I never saw him play in college. Erden is pretty mobile for his size but he seems a little off, I think he's nervous. Greene came in and played fairly well at the back up point. I thought Carroll was forcing it a little bit and trying to do too much but that's not uncommon for summer league.

Overall Celtics are just playing good team ball and playing harder than okc.

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2010, 06:37:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
watching the game, though the pix is not good and everyone is so small they look like ants.

but....

harangody looks pretty good so far. the guy can really shoot and plays fundamentally good basketball. but his 3 pointer shot is released too low i think. nba players will be able to block it unless he can get a higher release point. his defense is sound, but as people have suspected, he will have trouble defending good players in the nba.

lafayette has looked very good. plays very hard, nice shot, good speed. i think he may make the celtics as a bench player.

erden looked ok. not a stiff, quick enough to play defense but nothing dominating. no offense that i could see.

parakhouski, the 7 foot dude from radford, was in a little bit. he look to have decent athleticism, but backed away from shooters too much, then relied on his height to disrupt shots. he needs to body up more i think.

what has impressed me as well is how the team is playing as a team on offense and defense. baby ainge has done a good job of teaching basic sets and defenses in only a few days.

so far an entertaining game. :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva