Author Topic: TD Garden Seats  (Read 7155 times)

TD Garden Seats
« on: October 08, 2019, 02:59:21 PM »

Online jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Haven't been to the newly renovated garden yet but I am dreading what they have done based on the feedback online.
Has anybody been yet?

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/10/07/td-garden-new-seats-twitter-complaints-fans-leg-room/

Re: TD Garden Seats
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 03:19:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Just what you want....the knee of the guy sitting in back in of you, touching your cranium

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 05:04:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'm not small(6' 240). My buddy I go to games with that has some great balcony seats for season tickets isn't either(6'3" 260). The seating is already ridiculously small when the two of us sit next to each other. At times it feels like we are sitting on top of each other, especially when this rather large couple sits next to us. Trying to get out to the bathrooms when no one feels like standing up to give you walking space to get by is almost impossible. It really seems like the seats and the space for legs and walking past others were made for people 5'6" and 150 pounds or smaller. I can not imagine just how bad the new seating will be like if they made everything tighter.

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 05:13:03 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
They're taking a leaf out of the airline playbook and squeezing everyone in like sardines to make more $$$ it looks like  :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 05:15:44 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I went to the open Practice and sat in the loge and I definitely noticed it seemed a bit more cramped. I'm 6' 180 lbs and my knees were in the seat in front of me. And I'm used to my seats in the balcony...
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 05:21:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
For 500 more seats, they’re negatively impacting several thousand fans?

Previously the balcony was a pretty reasonable place to sit. Looks like greed is going to hurt that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 05:26:48 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
That's gotta be more of a "Blame Bruins" thing though, right?

Quite the response from the Garden spokesperson.

"For the first time in nearly 25 years, we updated the seating inside TD Garden. We’ve received feedback from fans and can appreciate that, as with any change, it takes some time to get used to such major changes," the statement read.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 09:41:12 AM »

Online jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I feel like this will be the straw on the camels back that leads me to cancel my season tickets after this season. The price increase after the debacle last season nearly made it happen.

The Statement released from the garden doesn't offer much hope. I think it is what it is this season regardless.
https://sports.yahoo.com/td-garden-releases-statement-regarding-231440982.html
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:16:07 AM by jbpats »

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 10:08:15 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
I feel like this will be the straw on the camels back that leads me to cancel my season tickets after this season. The price increase after the debacle last season was nearly made it happen.

The Statement released from the garden doesn't offer much hope. I think it is what it is this season regardless.

They have standards on seat size?  Gotta love the Jacobs family.  Always in touch with the fans.  ::)

"I'm sure we're going to hear some more about it," Jacobs said last week, according to WEEI's Matt Kalman. "Listen, those are the standards that are across the league. It's not like we sort of made it up arbitrarily and this is the size of the seat. Those are across the National Hockey League and NBA. But yeah, I've heard some of the feedback, I personally got some email about it already, it's early days, so I'm sure there's a lot more coming once the season ticket holders – those that may have skipped our preseason games – show up."

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 10:26:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I feel like this will be the straw on the camels back that leads me to cancel my season tickets after this season. The price increase after the debacle last season was nearly made it happen.

They have standards on seat size?  Gotta love the Jacobs family.  Always in touch with the fans.  ::)

"I'm sure we're going to hear some more about it," Jacobs said last week, according to WEEI's Matt Kalman. "Listen, those are the standards that are across the league. It's not like we sort of made it up arbitrarily and this is the size of the seat. Those are across the National Hockey League and NBA. But yeah, I've heard some of the feedback, I personally got some email about it already, it's early days, so I'm sure there's a lot more coming once the season ticket holders – those that may have skipped our preseason games – show up."

The league may have a minimum acceptable size, but nothing mandated this. Clubs can surely make their guests as comfortable as possible if they’d like.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 10:29:07 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Sure wish the Celtics would have their own building, and not lease from the Bruins.  Probably not in my lifetime.

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 10:30:21 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

The league may have a minimum acceptable size, but nothing mandated this. Clubs can surely make their guests as comfortable as possible if they’d like.

Yeah, it seems like a BS excuse.    Just sounds better than "we want more money".

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 10:33:01 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Instead of spending all that money to add some seats they should have gone halfsies on a brand, new state of art building with the Celtics. Not sure where in Boston to put it but the current Garden was obsolete and awful just five years after they finished building it because the Jacobs are so cheap.

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 10:33:18 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Yeah, it seems like a BS excuse.    Just sounds better than "we want more money".

Yep. Ultimately fans will adjust, but in the short term I hope it costs money in concessions. I know that when I’m happy and comfortable, I spend a hell of a lot more money.

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2019, 12:31:36 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Pure speculation on my end but I think a lot of the increase in ticket prices past 15 years has been a higher demand driven by "casual fans" -- aka fans not interested in the game but just there for entertainment.  I wonder if this will affect their demand.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur