Poll

Who would you rather trade for Anthony Davis if you absolutely had to

Al Horford
35 (61.4%)
Gordon Hayward
22 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Cold Hearted Poll: Who would you rather trade for Davis  (Read 7200 times)

Re: Cold Hearted Poll: Who would you rather trade for Davis
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 07:13:53 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Horford will just be the tip of the iceberg required to acquire Davis.  These other assets can be part of the pros and cons list for whom the Celtics would prefer to trade between Hayward and Horford.

Hayward is not entirely himself as he is coming back from that injury, so the injury has depreciated his value for this season.  I think his value will be back by next season.  The rebuilding of Hayward's value would change how many additional assets to be sent with him for Davis.

Horford is solely a salary filler in that deal, so as a base trade needs more assets than Hayward.  Now, there is a benefit for trading either one.  Davis replaces Horford easily.  Hayward is replaced by Brown or Tatum easily if he goes.  I'm skeptical of Horford and Davis together because they are both high post bigs.  The flip side is Hayward has the same problems of Brown and Tatum right now. 

So, we should wait out how Hayward plays this season with those two budding stars.

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 07:48:00 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Before we go and sell the farm for AD, let’s keep one thing in perspective; NO best post season was when Rondo was in NO.

I like our team just the way it is, so if we are trading for AD, keep in mind AD is just a piece, not the savior- not in MJ, LeBron, Bird, Magic’s League.  A one for one maybe, two for one? Maybe not.

Our team has gone way further than his.

....just saying

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2018, 10:57:11 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Just Feel like Horford would need to stay. The staring five is better and more balanced with Al. We could literally give them Hayward and 4 or 5 firsts if we really wanted. Who could even beat that offer.

Horford
Davis
Tatum
Brown
Irving

I'm with you. Horford's game will age well, and his next contract would save a significant amount, just as the time comes to pay large sums to The Two Jays®.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

Re: Cold Harded Poll: No Heart?!
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2018, 11:17:59 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
You meant "Cold Hearted Poll", Not to be Granny Grammar, but sheesh, can we not spell words in this country anymore ?

Frankly, I don't want to trade anyone for the guy (ok, maybe Irving). We have the team we need. Concentrate on stability and some loyalty and on making our players feel appreciated by management, especially Brown & Tatum & Horford & Hayward & Rozier & Smart - all home-grown or they came here because they wanted to wear the Green.

If Anthony Davis wants to be a Celtic, let him come to us the same way Durant went to Golden State. We'll need him in 3 years to start replacing an aging Horford. The Lakers or Sixers would have to give up a chunk of their cores to trade for him, preventing them from becoming too strong for us to defeat.

If you're going to complain about grammar, the least you could do is be grammatically correct in your own post.  The sentence I've highlighted is anything but grammatically correct.  ;)

Gosh, thank you for pointing that out. Difference is, I was intentionally incorrect just to get my thoughts across. The IP was not.

Really?  You don't know what my intentions were do you. I know how to spell Heart. It's called being tired and auto correct. Please apologize.

It may be "incorrect", but I kind of liked "Cold Harded".

Also, KGLL, just kudos to you (and another TP) for yet another stimulating thread and poll. We need more of you, and more like you.

You didn't ask for my advice but I'm going to give it to you anyway. Don't sweat the small stuff. If you thank him for the correction, then everybody gets to be right and you haven't lost anything and you get to be big. Build your brand, build the community.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:23:25 AM by Hoopvortex »
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 11:45:36 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You meant "Cold Hearted Poll", Not to be Granny Grammar, but sheesh, can we not spell words in this country anymore ?

Frankly, I don't want to trade anyone for the guy (ok, maybe Irving). We have the team we need. Concentrate on stability and some loyalty and on making our players feel appreciated by management, especially Brown & Tatum & Horford & Hayward & Rozier & Smart - all home-grown or they came here because they wanted to wear the Green.

If Anthony Davis wants to be a Celtic, let him come to us the same way Durant went to Golden State. We'll need him in 3 years to start replacing an aging Horford. The Lakers or Sixers would have to give up a chunk of their cores to trade for him, preventing them from becoming too strong for us to defeat.

If you're going to complain about grammar, the least you could do is be grammatically correct in your own post.  The sentence I've highlighted is anything but grammatically correct.  ;)

Gosh, thank you for pointing that out. Difference is, I was intentionally incorrect just to get my thoughts across. The IP was not.

Really?  You don't know what my intentions were do you. I know how to spell Heart. It's called being tired and auto correct. Please apologize.

Also, KGLL, just kudos to you (and another TP) for yet another stimulating thread and poll. We need more of you, and more like you.

You didn't ask for my advice but I'm going to give it to you anyway. Don't sweat the small stuff. If you thank him for the correction, then everybody gets to be right and you haven't lost anything and you get to be big. Build your brand, build the community.
And now that everyone has proven my point about why being grammar police is against the rules, let's stop doing it and talking about it and get on subject.

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2018, 11:50:11 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Gut the team and future picks for one player? i know he a top 5 player but is it worth it?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2018, 02:05:47 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
Gut the team and future picks for one player? i know he a top 5 player but is it worth it?

Good point. As fans (whether hard-hearted, hard-harded, or otherwise), we're always after that greener grass on the other side of the trade hill, and don't pay enough attention to the human side of building a successful team. Continuity and chemistry are underrated!

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2018, 04:10:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Probably.  Teams that win titles usually have top-5 players.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2018, 04:22:45 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

TP back to you brother, and I hardly ever care believe me. He brought it up twice and I snapped LoL

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2018, 05:18:38 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Probably.  Teams that win titles usually have top-5 players.
And it’s hardly like we’d be trading everyone for him. We would still have multiple All-Stars and one of the best wing prospects in the game, under one of the best coaches in the game
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2018, 06:36:41 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
No one wants Hayward; therefore, it has to be Horford.

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2018, 07:58:37 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Either works if AD is coming back...
Would rather trade Horford. Small ball ftw!

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2018, 08:22:20 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Do we have to trade either though to acquire AD next summer?

Remember, we can't trade for him during this season because of the Rose Rule, but we could next summer once Kyrie re-signs here (and hopefully Kings Pick is like in the 2-5 range).

In that case though, wouldn't say, one of Brown/Tatum, Smart (12M) OR Rozier (S&T) plus some salary filler + a lot of picks be enough to acquire AD (in terms of getting close to matching salary too)?

Or is that truly impossible and we have to trade away a max-player to make it all work?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2018, 11:22:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Do we have to trade either though to acquire AD next summer?

Remember, we can't trade for him during this season because of the Rose Rule, but we could next summer once Kyrie re-signs here (and hopefully Kings Pick is like in the 2-5 range).

In that case though, wouldn't say, one of Brown/Tatum, Smart (12M) OR Rozier (S&T) plus some salary filler + a lot of picks be enough to acquire AD (in terms of getting close to matching salary too)?

Or is that truly impossible and we have to trade away a max-player to make it all work?
I'm pretty sure that this would be alright. Wyc might feel it in his pocket, but that's alright if he's alright with it.

I actually think a package like that might be more valuable to NOP, who probably wouldn't want to try and go for it with Hayward or Horford/Holiday/Randle as a big three.

A team of Rozier / Holiday / Brown / Mirotic / Randle with Smart off the bench, and a guy like Little or Reddish alongside another first round pick or two is a good core IMO. If I were New Orleans I'd rather Rozier and an additional 1st over Horford or Hayward
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2018, 11:25:28 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Davis with 36pts-15rbs-3ast-2slt-4blks in 31 minutes...