Author Topic: Sashi Brown to the Wiz  (Read 2088 times)

Sashi Brown to the Wiz
« on: July 22, 2019, 12:43:18 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
The Washington Wizards have hired ex Browns GM Sashi Brown as "chief planning and operations officer".

https://sports.yahoo.com/wizards-hire-former-cleveland-browns-150347351.html?src=rss

In Cleveland, Brown's specialty was losing most of the games, not signing the team's free agents, signing free agents that couldn't play, and screwing up the draft.

This guy is the Angel of Death.

In another time, he would have been called incompetent.

Good luck Wiz you're going to need it.

Re: Sashi Brown to the Wiz
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 12:49:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Time lag for results always makes evaluation hard.. So much of what Brown did set the stage for what the Brown's hope is an exciting future.

Sucks to get fired after you've cleared your cap, traded for future picks, and been bad enough to get premium picks to use yourself.

Given the Wizards situation, he'll be a decent resource of experience at the very least for the teardown.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 01:50:02 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Lol what a Wiz move.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 01:51:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Time lag for results always makes evaluation hard.. So much of what Brown did set the stage for what the Brown's hope is an exciting future.

Sucks to get fired after you've cleared your cap, traded for future picks, and been bad enough to get premium picks to use yourself.

Given the Wizards situation, he'll be a decent resource of experience at the very least for the teardown.

The Hinkie method.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 02:01:32 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

The Hinkie method.
I don't know enough about the Browns during his tenure to say if its the exact same. I doubt he purposefully got rid of every single quality rotation player, just because of the roster differences in football and basketball it doesn't make sense to go that far.

I do know he was forced out due to a power struggle with Hue Jackson. Not exactly someone I want to be picking in a power struggle!

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 08:52:14 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
" Brown is now a martyr whose plan was better than its execution."

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/7/22/20704244/sashi-brown-washington-wizards-cleveland-browns

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 10:58:56 PM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
I believe that Brown's role will have nothing to do with basketball decisions and more on the financial, stats side.

If I was them I would do a complete rebuild of the franchise starting with a rebrand and then use assets from trading Beal so you can dump Wall on someone next season, then you can have a clean slate of building like the Brooklyn Nets or Atlanta Hawks have done.

Washington District Basketball Team or Washington Senators?

I have always despised their current colors, it looks like America vomited on them or they are permanently trapped in the 4th of July lol.