Author Topic: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League (Looking for ONE owner)  (Read 635174 times)

Re: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League
« Reply #2250 on: October 02, 2012, 10:54:03 AM »

Offline BDubs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 54
  • Can a brother get some Tommy points!
Day 12
Afflalo, Arron SG ORL
Ridnour, Luke PG MIN
Parsons, Chandler SF HOU
Melo, Fab C BOS
Hayes, Chuck C SAC
Green, Danny SG SA
Foye, Randy SG UTA
Thompson, Jason PF SAC
Jackson, Stephen SF SA
Johnson, Wesley SF PHO
Richardson, Jason SG PHI - Juggernauts - 1
Duncan, Tim PF SA - Crotors - 24
Teague, Jeff PG ATL - Mean Green - 3
Bass, Brandon PF BOS Mean Green -1
Boozer, Carlos PF CHI - Mean Green - 19
Scola, Luis PF PHO - MMSB - 28
Stoudemire, Amar'e PF NY - Shipyard - 35
Jordan, DeAndre C LAC - Juggernauts - 10
Brand, Elton PF DAL - RIPRED - 3
West, David PF IND - Boston Beasts - 7

Day 13
Bogut, Andrew C GS - Juggernauts - 4

« Reply #2251 on: October 02, 2012, 11:07:24 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Just a quick question which I should know but I don't.  If we cut a guy with a salary of let's say 12, with a two year contract, and pick up a FA for 1 dollar, how does that affect the cap? Do we dump the 12 dollar salary off the cap and replace it with the 1 dollar salary or does the 12 dollar salary stay on the cap?

A free agent via the auction?  Or via FAAB?  The $12 comes off your cap as soon as the guy's cut regardless - no guaranteed salary in this league  :)  So regardless of situation the $12 no longer counts and the $1 salary does.

The reason I asked, though, is that in the auction you have your $250 cap affecting your bidding - you can't make cuts mid-auction, but if you cut the guy beforehand his $12 salary is completely off the books. 

When the auction is over, salary is completely irrelevant for the rest of the year, until it's time for the next auction.  I think I had something like $320 in salaries at the end of last season.  But your example still works out the same - $12 salary out, $1 salary in.

TP for the info. Yes, I meant FAAB and not the auction.

« Reply #2252 on: October 02, 2012, 11:56:18 AM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
For Beasts...he did not specify which williams to bid on so commish has to make the call on that one...

If he can't specify then we can't place a bid.  If it's Marvin he'll have a shot at him in FAAB anyway.  But I'm not going to keep D Williams in limbo until he tells us what he meant.

Anybody know what the deal is with his not being able to get in?  Is he on a Mac or something?

Beasts said it was for Derrick Williams
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2253 on: October 02, 2012, 12:10:47 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Day 12
Afflalo, Arron SG ORL
Ridnour, Luke PG MIN
Parsons, Chandler SF HOU
Melo, Fab C BOS
Hayes, Chuck C SAC
Green, Danny SG SA
Foye, Randy SG UTA
Thompson, Jason PF SAC
Jackson, Stephen SF SA
Johnson, Wesley SF PHO
Teague, Jeff PG ATL - Mean Green - 3

Day 13
Boozer, Carlos PF CHI - MMSB - 20
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #2254 on: October 02, 2012, 12:50:07 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
For Beasts...he did not specify which williams to bid on so commish has to make the call on that one...

If he can't specify then we can't place a bid.  If it's Marvin he'll have a shot at him in FAAB anyway.  But I'm not going to keep D Williams in limbo until he tells us what he meant.

Anybody know what the deal is with his not being able to get in?  Is he on a Mac or something?

Beasts can contact me if he's interested in trading for Derrick Williams.

« Reply #2255 on: October 02, 2012, 01:32:54 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Apologies to the Beasts but this is what can happen when bidding remotely.  I figured it was for Derrick, but he didn't name the player by the deadline so the bid isn't an eligible one.  It's the equivalent of just posting "Williams +1" without any indication of who you're referring to.

It's a crappy situation and I hope Phil can get his access back ASAP, but it's gotta be a legit bid to count.

« Reply #2256 on: October 02, 2012, 01:42:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Day 12
Afflalo, Arron SG ORL
Ridnour, Luke PG MIN
Parsons, Chandler SF HOU
Melo, Fab C BOS
Hayes, Chuck C SAC
Green, Danny SG SA
Foye, Randy SG UTA
Thompson, Jason PF SAC
Jackson, Stephen SF SA
Johnson, Wesley SF PHO

Day 13
Teague, Jeff PG ATL - Kentucky Mean - 4

« Reply #2257 on: October 02, 2012, 02:31:05 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I'm willing to let Beasts have Derrick Williams for the 5 dollar salary I won him with if the league is ok with it, and if it is made official by this evening so that I can use the free roster spot and money to bid on another player.

« Reply #2258 on: October 02, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
I'm willing to let Beasts have Derrick Williams for the 5 dollar salary I won him with if the league is ok with it, and if it is made official by this evening so that I can use the free roster spot and money to bid on another player.

That's very accommodating of you.  If I made this move, Beasts wouldn't win him, he'd just be on the Day 12 list at $6 - we'd put the bid through retroactively. 

Let me ask Redz and we'll make a decision by tonight.

« Reply #2259 on: October 02, 2012, 02:41:54 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Day 12

Ridnour, Luke PG MIN
Parsons, Chandler SF HOU
Melo, Fab C BOS
Hayes, Chuck C SAC
Green, Danny SG SA
Foye, Randy SG UTA
Thompson, Jason PF SAC
Jackson, Stephen SF SA
Johnson, Wesley SF PHO

Day 13
Teague, Jeff PG ATL - Kentucky Mean - 4
Afflalo, Arron SG ORL - Mean Green - 1
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2260 on: October 02, 2012, 03:01:21 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm on a crappy old mac laptop from 2007 with only 2GB's ram, so it can't/shouldn't be a mac problem.

On a side note, Can't wait to start using my vaio laptop with 8gb ram once FedEx finally delivers it to my house.

« Reply #2261 on: October 02, 2012, 03:58:07 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

That's very accommodating of you.  If I made this move, Beasts wouldn't win him, he'd just be on the Day 12 list at $6 - we'd put the bid through retroactively. 

cool, that should give me the chance to bid on one of today's guys before the night is over.

« Reply #2262 on: October 02, 2012, 04:06:24 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

cool, that should give me the chance to bid on one of today's guys before the night is over.

I'll tip my hand a bit and say I'm inclined to go along with this since you both agree, but we've never done something like this before so I want to run it by the co-commish.  Thanks for your patience.

« Reply #2263 on: October 02, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
RIPRED suggested putting this to a vote - I don't know if we have enough time to get opinions from everyone, but I'd like to ask for opinions here if anyone wants to offer them (especially if they have objections).

Here's the short version if you missed it - Beasts can't log on to CB for some reason, so he tried to place a bid for "Williams" last night.  There were two Williams on the board and he didn't say which one.  Today he clarified to say Derrick Williams, but TB had already won him at midnight.  However, TB is willing to let Beasts' bid count. 

If we do this, Williams goes on the board at $6 to Beasts, and is open to other bids.  We treat it as if the bid went through last night.

Thoughts?

« Reply #2264 on: October 02, 2012, 04:45:01 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'm ok with it since both owners agree.