Author Topic: Celtics (51-22) at Spurs (57-17) 3/31  (Read 113889 times)

Re: Celtics (51-22) at Spurs (57-17) 3/31
« Reply #540 on: March 31, 2011, 10:39:47 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Great win tonight. Nice to see KG, Pierce and Rondo play so well. Nice game out of Baby too. Also Green, who I'd like to see play more.

Dang though Shaq we need ya and Murphy too.

« Reply #541 on: March 31, 2011, 10:40:05 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
on a side note, I also liked McHale as a color analyst. His best line of the night"...he did everything he possibly could on defense besides grow..."

« Reply #542 on: March 31, 2011, 10:40:10 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
great win. not thrilled about the b2b. we could lose that game. but nice to see JO getting some productive minutes in the game. if we get Shaq back, and add JO and KG into that mix, that is a very strong front court!
- LilRip

« Reply #543 on: March 31, 2011, 10:40:51 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Clearly Rondo's best game of the season and a magnificient way to get out of his slump. I'm not going to say "wow he can shoot consistently now!!" but it does make feel good about his jumpshot and confidence heading in the playoffs.

Great win anyway, let's hope tomorrow's game won't be disappointing and Krstic's injury won't be that bad (but I fear the worst).

« Reply #544 on: March 31, 2011, 10:41:11 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Rondo had an assist to turnover ratio of tonight

« Reply #545 on: March 31, 2011, 10:42:22 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Clearly Rondo's best game of the season and a magnificient way to get out of his slump. I'm not going to say "wow he can shoot consistently now!!" but it does make feel good about his jumpshot and confidence heading in the playoffs.

Great win anyway, let's hope tomorrow's game won't be disappointing and Krstic's injury won't be that bad (but I fear the worst).

I know it has been some time but games like tonight's were routine for Rondo for the first quarter of the season... I expect the same routine in the playoffs.

« Reply #546 on: March 31, 2011, 10:42:56 PM »

Offline JohnBagleyValueMeal

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 176
  • It's not hard to work hard.
Am I the only one that could care less that Krstic got hurt?

He was a no defense playing scrub.

Now this forces the Celtics hand with Shaq.

Thats great Mega, wonderful attitude. Let's cheer for an injury.

OMG!! Are kidding me??? He still finds a way to post something NEGATIVE!!!!

you see him trollin'
he hatin'
McHale's favorite ruse is putting paper in the mouths of sleeping teammates. "Try using one of these cocktail napkins," he said. "When just the edge sticks out of a guy's mouth, it looks like he's got fangs. The best part is when he wakes up."
-- Sports Illustrated, 12/19/1983

« Reply #547 on: March 31, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton

Maybe the Krstic injury is a blessing in disguise--we'll get to the see the smallball Doc has been talking about a lot. Green with the starters and Baby with the starters.

« Reply #548 on: March 31, 2011, 10:43:37 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Maybe the Krstic injury is a blessing in disguise--we'll get to the see the smallball Doc has been talking about a lot. Green with the starters and Baby with the starters.

no celtic injury is a blessing

« Reply #549 on: March 31, 2011, 10:45:23 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton

you're right--blessing was probably a bad word choice.

« Reply #550 on: March 31, 2011, 10:45:41 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

Oh so true. Especially at this point of the season.

« Reply #551 on: March 31, 2011, 10:46:18 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I've been on the Jermaine O'Neal bandwagon all year, believing he would get back.  But I've gotta say, he even exceeded my expectations.  

If this is what he can do after not playing all season and not having his conditioning and plays down, he's going to be a huge upgrade in a few weeks when he gets all that stuff down.  

« Reply #552 on: March 31, 2011, 10:48:20 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
I've been on the Jermaine O'Neal bandwagon all year, believing he would get back.  But I've gotta say, he even exceeded my expectations.  

If this is what he can do after not playing all season and not having his conditioning and plays down, he's going to be a huge upgrade in a few weeks when he gets all that stuff down.  
I was high on JO when the season started, thinking he wasn't done--then he got injured and I started doubting, *big time*. Its a nice start back for him, just hoping he can maintain it.

« Reply #553 on: March 31, 2011, 10:48:37 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Solid win, Rondo looked amazing, as did KG. JO looked terrific for his first game back.

Murphy better get ready, losing Krstic sucks.

« Reply #554 on: March 31, 2011, 10:48:59 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
That stat at the start of the fourth quarter (avg 17 points and garbage fg % last 4-5 games in the fourth) made me think, this is a game (or quarter) where the Celtics close out a game and a good team the way they should. Turned out to be right, unlike the last few games the offense in the fourth was spectacular. Overall the defense was spotty at times (parker early) but they stepped up in the fourth and closed out on both ends. GREAT win!
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)